Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lexluthor

t1j9f8 wrote: »
    Hi
    Does any1 have a soft copy of this years tax book? I know last year there was pdf document of it knocking about.
    Many thanks T

to the best of my knowledge, there has never been a soft copy of the tax book! i believe what you're probably referring to is the solutions to challenging questions at the end of each of the tax book chapters.. see attached.. thanks to womandriver for sharing this

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭walshing

hi, i know there is a few lists going about for case studies available. any one got a concise list available! thanks

walshing wrote: »
    hi, i know there is a few lists going about for case studies available. any one got a concise list available! thanks

ignore column b,d,e,h in my humble opinion, mine is the best list evaaaa!! i'd take a bet on that:P only messin.. enjoy!

lexluthor wrote: »
    ignore column b,d,e,h in my humble opinion, mine is the best list evaaaa!! i'd take a bet on that:P only messin.. enjoy!

thanks for that, WAY bigger than i thought!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭searunner

would someone post the new cases for 2013?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Lol2013

searunner wrote: »

Thanks

Here you go.
    There is no soft copy of FAE case studies resource pack

Thanks
    MORE

wHATS THIS IN RELATION TO. Don't understand

Lol2013 wrote: »
    wHATS THIS IN RELATION TO. Don't understand

watcha mean? like what the spreadsheet is in relation to? it's a list of every single case study issued to date since fae format was revised

so am i right in saying that any cases not in the booklets provided or exam papers (eg the mocks) i will have to go looking for on here? or is there updates mocks available anyone knw? just trying to gather stuff now :(

• Advertisement

watcha mean? like what the spreadsheet is in relation to? it's a list of every single case study issued to date since fae format was revised

just wodering y u said to ignore the other columns

just wodering y u said to ignore the other columns

oh thats just because its like my working spreadsheet so had references irrelevant to anyone who uses it.. if you really want to know

column b - matches back cases to an indicator index i was making some time ago

column d & e - i dont have 2012-13 versions (ques and sol) of most of the cases as being a repeater i didnt get the new resource pack or this little case study manual they gave out where they combined 2011 and 2012 cases apparently

column h - just to mark which ones ive done so far (none to date!)

so am i right in saying that any cases not in the booklets provided or exam papers (eg the mocks) i will have to go looking for on here? or is there updates mocks available anyone knw? just trying to gather stuff now :(

no biggie fella just give us a list of ones you're missing, i might have em handy or of course you can go on a quest of finding them from fae boards 2012 thread.. you'll find most of em there

oh thats just because its like my working spreadsheet so had references irrelevant to anyone who uses it.. if you really want to know

column b - matches back cases to an indicator index i was making some time ago

column d & e - i dont have 2012-13 versions (ques and sol) of most of the cases as being a repeater i didnt get the new resource pack or this little case study manual they gave out where they combined 2011 and 2012 cases apparently

column h - just to mark which ones ive done so far (none to date!)

Oh i c thanks

Does anyone find it difficult to start studying after work?

Does anyone find it difficult to start studying after work?

next to impossible! poor productivity

next to impossible! poor productivity

I know. If we didn't have study leave I would be freaking out more than I am now.

How does everyone stay focused, in terms of studying after work

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JoanH

Has anybody looked at the cross marking case studies coming up. Purvis Chemicals and Excess2Excell. Have not a clue how the start Pruvis. Any help anybody?

JoanH wrote: »
    Has anybody looked at the cross marking case studies coming up. Purvis Chemicals and Excess2Excell. Have not a clue how the start Pruvis. Any help anybody?
    hi.. can you post soft copies of these cases please?

• Advertisement

hi.. can you post soft copies of these cases please?

Here they are....

Not even looked at it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 All help please

Hi, I'm beginning to get nervous about September :(

Would anyone recommend the grind schools in Dublin?! Or does anyone have notes from last year?? Any tips please! Thanks :)

Hi, I'm beginning to get nervous about September :(

Would anyone recommend the grind schools in Dublin?! Or does anyone have notes from last year?? Any tips please! Thanks :)

I don't think you are alone there. But some notes and comments on this thread are really helpful.

Also the FAE NOTES bible posted by chursy is really helpful

Anyone work in practice???

How does everyone stay focused, in terms of studying after work

I have started into my study plan, 2 hours per night. I hope to have the technical subjects done my the end of June, leaving 2 months for cases when i start my study leave.

Thinking about having to study in the evenings is harder than actually studying.

There is about 16 weeks till the exams, lots of time to get ready for what ever comes up in September.

I have started into my study plan, 2 hours per night. I hope to have the technical subjects done my the end of June, leaving 2 months for cases when i start my study leave.

Thinking about having to study in the evenings is harder than actually studying.

There is about 16 weeks till the exams, lots of time to get ready for what ever comes up in September.

I still don't have a plan. I just kind of have it in my head. Ya two hours per night is what i do as well. Im trying to do all the BL usbjects first.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Tricky1979

Hi all, I missed the Liffey case study day.

Was there any main points from this case? Thanks

I don't think you are alone there. But some notes and comments on this thread are really helpful.

Also the FAE NOTES bible posted by chursy is really helpful

no reason to get worried just yet people! plenty of time still ... trust me people have passed it studying for just 4 weeks and in one extreme case with just 1 week of leave!! in my opinion, just important to focus on getting organised at this stage, have all your cases ready, all your resources ready and a plan in your mind..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mickmclaughin

Can you post up a copy of your study plan for those of us a bit in the dark about how much to study etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lis9

Hi, would somebody mind posting a copy of the Tax ROI reference material relevant for 2013 exam? Like thresholds and rates?
    Thanks a bazillion.

any one have mock 2010 and 2011 papers and solutions handy?

no reason to get worried just yet people! plenty of time still ... trust me people have passed it studying for just 4 weeks and in one extreme case with just 1 week of leave!! in my opinion, just important to focus on getting organised at this stage, have all your cases ready, all your resources ready and a plan in your mind..

I agree.

Can you post up a copy of your study plan for those of us a bit in the dark about how much to study etc?

I am a repeating student, having got red in PM, i put my failure down to not having a good understanding of the Accounting Standards, i also left too much revision to my study leave when i should have been doing case. So this year i have put in place a plan to make sure i know all the standards inside out, before i start my study leave.

basically, im trying to go through all the IAS's ISA's now, doing questions in Derry's book, and reading the auditing standards.

I am trying to have the notes done in all the subjects by the end of June, weather i can do this or not im not sure, but i hope to have all the technical subjects done before July.

then cases for 2 months, revising each area as they come up in the cases.

My study plan is a wall chart with each week highlighted and what i have to do each week/day to have all the notes done by June.

Im trying to do 1 - 2 hours per evening, just ticking off the standards as i go. then i move on to BL, IMP, Mgt Accounting, Tax, Finance.

I am a repeating student, having got red in PM, i put my failure down to not having a good understanding of the Accounting Standards, i also left too much revision to my study leave when i should have been doing case. So this year i have put in place a plan to make sure i know all the standards inside out, before i start my study leave.

basically, im trying to go through all the IAS's ISA's now, doing questions in Derry's book, and reading the auditing standards.

I am trying to have the notes done in all the subjects by the end of June, weather i can do this or not im not sure, but i hope to have all the technical subjects done before July.

then cases for 2 months, revising each area as they come up in the cases.

My study plan is a wall chart with each week highlighted and what i have to do each week/day to have all the notes done by June.

Im trying to do 1 - 2 hours per evening, just ticking off the standards as i go. then i move on to BL, IMP, Mgt Accounting, Tax, Finance.

I find the 2hrs per night thing is too short for me. Although that's all I can do I wish I could get a good four hrs in there. I find that I am a slow studier..if you know what I mean just so I can really absorb what I am learning.

Also it doesnt help that the institute keep giving us silly task to do e.g blackwater presentation... we still have to worry about that...

Gees what I'd give to be a fly on your wall..to see your wall planner. Im sure its well colourful lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mickmclaughin

Here they are....

Anyone have the solutions for these cross marking cases?

Lis9 wrote: »
    Hi, would somebody mind posting a copy of the Tax ROI reference material relevant for 2013 exam? Like thresholds and rates?
    Thanks a bazillion.

i dont have the cai ones but what ive attached here is exactly the same thing.. i think cai version gets released little later in year (i think, not sure)

mock 11

any one have mock 2010 and 2011 papers and solutions handy?

mock 10

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lis9

i dont have the cai ones but what ive attached here is exactly the same thing.. i think cai version gets released little later in year (i think, not sure)

That's great thanks. I'm a repeater & just want to make sure I'm using the correct rates this year as I'm too stingy to buy the books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Clarise123

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when we are getting the solutions to the marketing case studies in the resource pack, Care4 1, Alone It Stands, etc etc....??

Thanks in advance

Anyone got the 2012 mock paper and solution?

Anyone got the 2012 mock paper and solution?

here you go

Clarise123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when we are getting the solutions to the marketing case studies in the resource pack, Care4 1, Alone It Stands, etc etc....??

Thanks in advance

hi.. i have the hard copies here but i just cant seem to find the soft copies.. probably best to ask studentqueries@charteredaccountants.ie and they'll post them as they did last year

• Registered Users Posts: 7 2802

Does any one have the solution for the 2012 Sims Mock Exam? (I can't see it in the attachments of either 2012/13)

Also if anyone has the Mock papers & sols for Audit Elective 2011 & 2012, can you please attach them up too?

Thanks!! :)

2802 wrote: »
    Does any one have the solution for the 2012 Sims Mock Exam? (I can't see it in the attachments of either 2012/13)

Also if anyone has the Mock papers & sols for Audit Elective 2011 & 2012, can you please attach them up too?

Thanks!! :)

i just posted the solutions for mock 12 core.. it includes sims solutions as well

Has anyone looked at the cross marking session yet. The case mentioned Charities legislation. Do we have to know anything about that for the exam. And the internal controls - I can't really pin point what control except around inventories and income.

Also anyone has tips on how to study AAA

AAA Electvie

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Anyone take a look at the Charities Professional Fundraising case - not really liking it tbh

anyone got the following bits for cases handy

People in business - Quest & Solution
    Luxo paints - Quest & Solution
    Over coatings - Quest & Solution

Canny - Solution

Jone Fine Furniture - Question
    Green Homes - Question
    Dodgy Construction - Question
    Byrne Ltd - Question

• Advertisement
Advertisement