Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 whatif...

omg I passed. I'm still feeling sick can barely believe it 4Y & 2G

For those of you who didn't - this was my second attempt at both core & elective. I can remember being in the exact same position here last year checking my results & being devastated & so angry, ready to pack it all in & switch to ACCA. I guess I'm glad now I didn't. It is worth it in the end so stick with it & chin up xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Just making sure I'm reading them right...says pass for both, in in 6th and 4th decile and 0 sufficiency for both..I got yellow in all except green in IMP..can this be right? Getting worried now ive misinterpreted!its like an exam itself trying to figure result out!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aca2801

I wish the rumours about the repeat for the elective were true. I hate the fact I have to wait until next September.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Triapin

Just making sure I'm reading them right...says pass for both, in in 6th and 4th decile and 0 sufficiency for both..I got yellow in all except green in IMP..can this be right? Getting worried now ive misinterpreted!its like an exam itself trying to figure result out!

Yeah I passed core and got only two greens...and not in the two big subjects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

what does the 0 sufficency mean?

Triapin wrote: »
    Yeah I passed core and got only two greens...and not in the two big subjects

So we def passed?! If it says pass? Think ill take a screenshot...just in case

srm23 wrote: »
    what does the 0 sufficency mean?

I think you had to get 0 to pass the sufficiency grade...that much I understand!...I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Triapin

So we def passed?! If it says pass? Think ill take a screenshot...just in case

Ha I was looking for a expert on the marking system to reassure me...anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

Failed core second time sitting this year red in business leadership soul destroying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

aca2801 wrote: »
    I wish the rumours about the repeat for the elective were true. I hate the fact I have to wait until next September.

That's what killed me having to wait. I know you prob won't feel like it now but just keep determined and you'll get that elective. I didn't think it but third time now and finally passed

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FAEStress

Yellow is a pass, regardless of which subject you're looking at.

was very confident about the elective and sure i failed core yet was decile 4 in core and decile 5 for audit :eek: must have been close enough to failing that

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kb6536

I passed!!! Congratulations to everyone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Core; 6 yellows = fail

APM = failed as well despite coming out of exam thinking I had done a great paper.

Very confused indeed - I feel like I've gotten someone else's results. Decile ranking of 10 in each wtf - guess that decides things; no chance of repeating now. Am I having a nightmare? Please wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

Core; 6 yellows = fail

APM = failed as well despite coming out of exam thinking I had done a great paper.

Very confused indeed - I feel like I've gotten someone else's results. Decile ranking of 10 in each wtf - guess that decides things; no chance of repeating now. Am I having a nightmare? Please wake up

6 yellows is a pass isn't it in the core?

• Advertisement

costacurta wrote: »
    6 yellows is a pass isn't it in the core?

Pass the depth & breath for each subject. Sufficiency is different again.

FAEStress wrote: »
    Pass the depth & breath for each subject. Sufficiency is different again.

Jesus WTF! If it says pass though you've passed??? Got yellow in BL and PM

Core; 6 yellows = fail

What was your sufficiency? I thought 6 yellows would've been a pass

costacurta wrote: »
    Jesus WTF! If it says pass though you've passed??? Got yellow in BL and PM

Does Pass mean Fail :confused:

srm23 wrote: »
    Does Pass mean Fail :confused:

Touché

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Passed APM failed Core on performance measurement green in everything else! Dunno how to feel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

2 in both for sufficiency. Fs

Ball-breaking stuff. Sorry to hear it.

2 is very close I'd think about an appeal

Got a decile of 7 and a sufficiency of 0 in the core which resulted in a fail! I hate performance measurement

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭danko2012

6 yellows and failed again, 2nd time failing, pain in the a$$! Decile 7 in audit and failed on sufficiency 1, feel like I'm going kill somebody

http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/Global/exam%20regulations/EXPLANATORY%20INFORMATION%20for%20results.pdf

Just thought I'd post link as seems to be some confusion.. Don't know how I managed to pass and yet im still unsure how its marked!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Sweet f**king Jesus I passed

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭silverwatch

I don't have the guts to log in, what's the percentage pass rate on the core this year for repeaters? Can't see anything on the main website the way they used to put up a % breakdown

I don't have the guts to log in, what's the percentage pass rate on the core this year for repeaters? Can't see anything on the main website the way they used to put up a % breakdown

It won't be up till later

• Advertisement

It's not available yet. But it looks like 60%-70% pass rate for core.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Dmac_Aca12

Been such a long road but finally passed was convinced I failed !! APM must of been marked very easy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

I passed aswell and i am soo shocked!!!

Anyone who didnt get them.. I'd definately recommend the revision course! I honestly think thats what has got me through!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

I passed aswell and i am soo shocked!!!

Anyone who didnt get them.. I'd definately recommend the revision course! I honestly think thats what has got me through!!

Which revision course?!? Failed core devastated! :(

Dmac_Aca12 wrote: »
    Been such a long road but finally passed was convinced I failed !! APM must of been marked very easy lol

That's great!! Well done :-) was thinkin of you this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭walshing

i passed! shocked, had to get the mother up to read it out to me! decile 6 in tax........ im taking that as a close shave!

kb6536 wrote: »
    That's great!! Well done :-) was thinkin of you this morning!

Thanks x how did you get on ? I'm not sure how I mis judged it so bad got in decile 1 and had taught I failed but really wrote for my life in the exam and something must of been right . I m just so happy that my mum is still here to see me pass. She s delighted !

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

Aidodub87 wrote: »
    Which revision course?!? Failed core devastated! :(

The revision course the institute offers the case days were very useful and a lot of new cases etc were provided!
    I did it for core and elective it was costly but it got me motivated from an early stage!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

The revision course the institute offers the case days were very useful and a lot of new cases etc were provided!
    I did it for core and elective it was costly but it got me motivated from an early stage!!

Well done on passing.

On the matter of the revision course helping... you did the work. No one else. You.

I'd love to see the statistics between Chartered Grind School repeaters and institute repeaters. I am 100% convinced that once you give them your money, and you are half decent, they will pass you. It is all about the benjamins.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know do u have to sign up to membership 2013 to graduate ?

I m defo donating my 100 euro to charity now ;)

I m defo donating my 100 euro to charity now ;)

Yeah application to membership will be in the post this eve and 100 to charity as soon as I get paid as promised

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Lol2013

Get in there.....Thank God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Did they release the statistics?

In core decile of 7 sufficiency 0 failed on PM green in everything else, I wonder is it worth appealing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

myshirt wrote: »
    Did they release the statistics?

On the home page feed at the top right.

http://www.charteredaccountants.ie/Global/examdocs/FAE%20SEPTEMBER%202013%20Publication%20Statistics.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 26 salmagoo

http://www.charteredaccountants.ie/Global/examdocs/FAE%20SEPTEMBER%202013%20Publication%20Statistics.pdf statistics are on the main page! Passed the tax elective! delighted! Decile ranking 3! No more Chartered exams! Nothing beats this feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Passed, very happy with Decile 1 :D

Thanks x how did you get on ? I'm not sure how I mis judged it so bad got in decile 1 and had taught I failed but really wrote for my life in the exam and something must of been right . I m just so happy that my mum is still here to see me pass. She s delighted !

Passed too, decile 1 too!! Aww that's fantastic for ur mum, have a brilliant day celebrating!! No more consoling each other over cases lol

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

myshirt wrote: »
    Well done on passing.

On the matter of the revision course helping... you did the work. No one else. You.

I'd love to see the statistics between Chartered Grind School repeaters and institute repeaters. I am 100% convinced that once you give them your money, and you are half decent, they will pass you. It is all about the benjamins.

I did revision course and chartered grind school it was very helpful but I still failed really think it's down to the day and what is examined no matter how prepared you are congrats to everyone who passed back to drawing board for me third time lucky perhaps ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
Advertisement