Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Lol2013

ok now I am balling again!!cannot cope with this

Awww...I'm so sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Got a red last year in tax. Wouldn't even try a clerical recheck with that mates. Hard to believe they would be so careless. But then again, it is the institute we are talking about..

Sufficiency 2 this year. Seriously :(

But the most mental thing ever is that last year in APM I got sufficiency of 1 and this year I got a 2. I'm sorry but that is just lies. This years paper I did waaaay better. Last year was a total joke, I messed up the whole paper and scribbled half of it out and thought it was over at 4pm instead of 5pm. So you can imagine the paper was total muck. Then this years one went very very well and I was 99% sure I'd passed. Load of balls. No consistency whatsoever. I would like evidence that they have the right paper to my name/number

Can I get my paper back on freedom of information?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mz_moo

Hi guys, first time posting here and also first time sitting the FAE but I'm just at a total loss as to how this exam is actually marked!! from reading here people seem to be getting all sorts of different results and passing and I have absolutely no idea now what constitutes a pass (and it would seem that many of you are the same) whoever thought of coming up with an exam for accountancy with no clear grading needs to have their head checked!

I passed on the tax elective so thank god for that!!!

In core I failed. I got 2 red (PM & BL) and the other 4 yellow, decile ranking of 10 and sufficiency of 2 so pretty terrible result. But what is the official "passing" result?? Do you need to get greens in both PM & BL, do you need to get a sufficiency of 0 to pass overall?? Can anybody shed any sort of light on this as I'm so confused!!!

In tax i passed and received 0 in the sufficiency and 8 in the decile ranking. Again confused but don't care about this because I passed and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Congrats to everybody who received a pass!!! Well deserved, these exams are a bitch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Dmac_Aca12

Which charity Dmac?

The one they posted a link too the other day. Redcross it was to add supplies to tyfoon victims

I am appealing ! not that it really is a money racket - rather give the money to charity and apply for part qualified cert

If u can apply for extrenuating circumstances ( for any reason ) try that coz I know a few peopl who were changed on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 COCOGOH

mz_moo wrote: »
    Hi guys, first time posting here and also first time sitting the FAE but I'm just at a total loss as to how this exam is actually marked!! from reading here people seem to be getting all sorts of different results and passing and I have absolutely no idea now what constitutes a pass (and it would seem that many of you are the same) whoever thought of coming up with an exam for accountancy with no clear grading needs to have their head checked!

I passed on the tax elective so thank god for that!!!

In core I failed. I got 2 red (PM & BL) and the other 4 yellow, decile ranking of 10 and sufficiency of 2 so pretty terrible result. But what is the official "passing" result?? Do you need to get greens in both PM & BL, do you need to get a sufficiency of 0 to pass overall?? Can anybody shed any sort of light on this as I'm so confused!!!

In tax i passed and received 0 in the sufficiency and 8 in the decile ranking. Again confused but don't care about this because I passed and at the end of the day that's all that matters.

Congrats to everybody who received a pass!!! Well deserved, these exams are a bitch!!!

Hi

So sorry you failed. Keep the faith, I am a passing resitter!

I have studied the marking scheme in detail and this is how I see it. You need to pass all 3 tests. To get sufficiency ie. an overall average competency score, you need zero to pass. Breadth and depth are presented in the same way, ie. you need at least yellow. To get yellow in depth means hitting competency in PM and BL. To get yellow in breadth means hitting RC in all the others.

I know this doesn't help but hopefully explains the airy fairy process!

Can I get my paper back on freedom of information?

I would also like to know is there any way we could get our papers back? would help a lot with trying to figure out this stupid marking scheme.... Maybe

COCOGOH wrote: »
    Hi

So sorry you failed. Keep the faith, I am a passing resitter!

I have studied the marking scheme in detail and this is how I see it. You need to pass all 3 tests. To get sufficiency ie. an overall average competency score, you need zero to pass. Breadth and depth are presented in the same way, ie. you need at least yellow. To get yellow in depth means hitting competency in PM and BL. To get yellow in breadth means hitting RC in all the others.

I know this doesn't help but hopefully explains the airy fairy process!

Still a bit confused, so basically you need a sufficiency of 0 and yellow across the board as a minimum to pass??? this will give me something to aim for next year... oh the thoughts of sitting in the RDS again!! Congrats on getting them this time around!! Very well deserved!!

Soap_Soup wrote: »
    Just realised how close to passing this is :( Probably would have been happier with a clear fail.

Anyone know when appeals are open until? And has anyone ever heard of an appeal actually being successful?

Last year was a zero % change on clerical re check. But there was changes on the extrenuating circumstances if u can think of one of them

mz_moo wrote: »
    I would also like to know is there any way we could get our papers back? would help a lot with trying to figure out this stupid marking scheme.... Maybe

You can get them back for 100 euro

• Advertisement

Dmac_Aca12 wrote: »

Thanks! €1,059 so far between revision course, updated books, resitting the exams and aafrp, sure throw in another €100. That's very expensive for them just to post the scripts back to you. Very unfair in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

Core; 6 yellows = fail

APM = failed as well despite coming out of exam thinking I had done a great paper.

Very confused indeed - I feel like I've gotten someone else's results. Decile ranking of 10 in each wtf - guess that decides things; no chance of repeating now. Am I having a nightmare? Please wake up

Don't loose heart... I know a few people that have sat it for the forth time.. so you will have another opportunity.. I know its not ideal but you can approach the institute to get another attempt... I got the tax elective last year went down in the core, repeated the core this year and passed. I did a revision course in Dublin this year its not run by the institute its the chartered grind school.. its a very good course... would highly recommend it... I did the course in July and took august off and have a good set of notes ready. should prob have it done to two folders... would do every subject its a good overall revision course and will give good exam technique.. don't think its knowledge that is the problem its the exam technique.. after studying for them this long you know enough to pass...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Siobhang4

I had extenuating circumstances last year and some would say this year but no letter put in this year ffs! swear I am like a demon - that was my 3rd attempt!

I know people that have sat it this time for the forth attempt.. can make a request to the institute.. did you do the chartered grind revision course in Dublin.. if your going to do it again make sure you do that... its a great help for exam technique... would do all the subject and the case study day.. it will set you up for them. you have the knowledge... best of luck..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Right enough of the sour grapes from me! Well done y'all who got good news - I bet you're delighted!! Enjoy! ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

The one they posted a link too the other day. Redcross it was to add supplies to tyfoon victims

Done.

If anyone is looking for advice regarding their career (whether you passed or not), drop me a PM.

JF

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭danko2012

So last year I got 4 Y and 2 R for a sufficiency 1.... This year I got 6 Y but a sufficiency of 2? I mean WTF?? how on earth are these things marked? Basically I think mine said, u passed the exam but u didnt pass it well enough ie I need 2 C's rather than RC's? Whoever makes this marking scheme up is a lunatic

Also got 7 decile sufficeny 1 in Audit Elective... at least thats up from last year

Funnily enough thugh, I was devastated last year with failing whereas this year im actually grand about it.. I think its cause im fine in the knowledge i passed the exam but just didnt get enough C's. Also I was out of contract last year and got a good job not based on being qualified so that helped

Anyhow it is what it is, I plan to just do the revision courses and re sit... I will beat this exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Upnorth I'm very sorry to hear you didn't get accross the line.
    Keep the faith.
    Big thanks to all who posted over the year it makes it so much easier knowing there is a community of people in the same position as yourself.
    Enjoy the day guys if you passed.
    If you didn't don't lose faith get up dust yourself off and go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭AB6891

FAEACA wrote: »
    Excellent post. Some great advice and love the quote!!!

As a matter of interest, did you ever appeal your past FAE results and did you do the Chartered Revision course during the year?

I appealed last year (clerical recheck), no change. All borderline scripts are rechecked. I reckon there is probably a 1-5% chance of a change from a clerical appeal, whereas if there were extenuating circumstances i assume that figure would be much higher.

Yes i did the revision course this year. I watched all the lectures online as I live down south (i like doing this as I can pause and take notes as I watch) and then actually attended on the case study days. Two tips I would give are:

1) Get through the Cotter case book, its not massive and can be done in a week, a strong result in aafrp really sets you up. Know your journals, keep practicing them.
    2) Don't panic in the exam, you cant fail on one indicator. Make sure to address all areas. No point in giving a 100% answer on a FR indicator if it means inadequate time is spent answering an IMP indicator. Practice papers and get used to technique and exam management. Technique is nearly as key as knowledge in these exams.

If I can be of any more help feel free to PM me. I KNOW that the repeaters on here will sail through next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 efbeef

Hey guys! Ye all seem like real pros when it comes to understanding these bloody results! I passed the core and only just failed the elective in auditing (got a sufficiency 1). How do you apply for extenuating circumstances? Have a genuine reason, very sick sister especially during study leave. Appreciate any advice.

Congratulations to all who got your results and to all who are disappointed, keep going it's not the end of the world even though right now it feels like it us :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

I'm pretty sure you *can't* get your scripts back...

• Advertisement

efbeef wrote: »
    Hey guys! Ye all seem like real pros when it comes to understanding these bloody results! I passed the core and only just failed the elective in auditing (got a sufficiency 1). How do you apply for extenuating circumstances? Have a genuine reason, very sick sister especially during study leave. Appreciate any advice.

Congratulations to all who got your results and to all who are disappointed, keep going it's not the end of the world even though right now it feels like it us :-(

Had a poke around on the CAI website, this link seems to have what you were talking about, I think: http://students.charteredaccountants.ie/en/Student-Information/Exams/Appeals/#Information%20Scheme

Hope that helps - well done everyone who passed! :)

I'm pretty sure you *can't* get your scripts back...

U get a thing under the appeals thing that gives you comments and marks on each question. I got it for audit last year

searunner wrote: »
    For people who were not so lucky to pass this time around. i have the following.

It hurts so much, you feel like you want to throw it all in and give up. To wait another year feels like a eternity. i have gone through this and i have now come out the other side.

This was my 3rd attempt of sitting the FAE.

Having failed the last 2 sittings of both Core and Elective i was second guessing as to weather i should resit them again.

I decided to give them 1 last shot. i was convinced i could pass them, as i know having got through the Cap 2 i had the the technical knowledge to pass.

But something was missing..... i changed my approach to studying for these Exams i put more emphasis in my financial accounting. and my exam technique. I dedicated more time to the business news too.

and it paid off

My AAFRP Year 3 HC, and i passed both my core and elective. all the work paid off this year.

Opening the results tab this morning i had the most sickening feeling, seeing i had passed made me ball like a baby.

Remember YOU ONLY HAVE TO PASS THESE EXAMS ONCE.

Snap - I was exactly the same!!

Board report is up folks.

U get a thing under the appeals thing that gives you comments and marks on each question. I got it for audit last year

Yeah but you don't get the actual *script* back...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rtw

Passed, 5 greens, 1 yellow in finance, decile 1 in core and decile 2 in audit, so happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lexluthor

My hearty congratulations to ted2767, dmac, walshing, lol123 and all the rest who got through. Well done, nothing less than deserved! myshirt - hope you got through as well mate. Thankfully, I got through as well.
    My deepest commiserations to WeeDee, Aidodub, upnorthchick, AB6891 and all the rest who were not so lucky this time.

Being a serial repeater as I call myself, I guarantee you I can feel your pain!! For a couple of days, the hurt, the anger, the bitterness, the frustration might be very distressing but you will find the strength to deal with it eventually. It is really important in my opinion to let it all out once at least – like the third day of getting results last year, I just broke down on breakfast table, I just couldn’t control it and that was really important for me because I was then able to regroup, rethink and get my focus back.
    Whatever anyone else may say, for me the key (and I mean the key!) to this exam is not technical understanding or exam technique or any of that stuff (of course that is important too but I am talking about the key here) – it is just simply belief, positivity, grit, determination, and above all, perseverance. Today that I have passed I can look back at all it has cost me – professionally, financially, and most importantly personally but none of it matters today because today all I can seem to do is just count my blessings. All I can feel is that the prize was worth the fight.
    I have a lot of experience in these exams to share – in exam prep, results and scoring, appeals, dealing with failure most of all!, and I am not claiming to be an expert because I honestly still am shocked that I passed, I honestly believe it is a divine intervention and that it was just my time and destiny now, but I would be very happy to help out anyone in any way I can because if there is something I feel today, I've just been humbled by the past few years of struggling with FAEs!
    May the strength be with you, always remember, these exams are not above you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Just dumped all my notes and books at the recycling centre.
    Lovely feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Failed both and out of contract soon. Some kick in the stones.

Back to the drawing board.

The worst is my little girl... '...does this mean we can't go to Disneyland in the summer'.
    What do I say to that

Congrats to everyone, particularly lexluthor, lol2013, dmac and ted, well done guys. Upnorthchick, your scenario is shocking - you passed the elective, you work effectively on the ground, and you fall down on tax. Appeal this. Surely any right thinking person will put 2 and 2 together and do the right thing.

• Advertisement

lexluthor wrote: »
    My hearty congratulations to ted2767, dmac, walshing, lol123 and all the rest who got through. Well done, nothing less than deserved! myshirt - hope you got through as well mate. Thankfully, I got through as well.
    My deepest commiserations to WeeDee, Aidodub, upnorthchick, AB6891 and all the rest who were not so lucky this time.

Being a serial repeater as I call myself, I guarantee you I can feel your pain!! For a couple of days, the hurt, the anger, the bitterness, the frustration might be very distressing but you will find the strength to deal with it eventually. It is really important in my opinion to let it all out once at least – like the third day of getting results last year, I just broke down on breakfast table, I just couldn’t control it and that was really important for me because I was then able to regroup, rethink and get my focus back.
    Whatever anyone else may say, for me the key (and I mean the key!) to this exam is not technical understanding or exam technique or any of that stuff (of course that is important too but I am talking about the key here) – it is just simply belief, positivity, grit, determination, and above all, perseverance. Today that I have passed I can look back at all it has cost me – professionally, financially, and most importantly personally but none of it matters today because today all I can seem to do is just count my blessings. All I can feel is that the prize was worth the fight.
    I have a lot of experience in these exams to share – in exam prep, results and scoring, appeals, dealing with failure most of all!, and I am not claiming to be an expert because I honestly still am shocked that I passed, I honestly believe it is a divine intervention and that it was just my time and destiny now, but I would be very happy to help out anyone in any way I can because if there is something I feel today, I've just been humbled by the past few years of struggling with FAEs!
    May the strength be with you, always remember, these exams are not above you!!!!

Great post, sums my experience up also. Luckily I got both at 3rd attempt this year Lex, great feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

I failed guys - red in tax (I passed tax elective last year) sufficiency 0 decile 8 --- seriously gutted

So sorry to hear xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

Hi Guys

First time doing them this year. Failed both Core and Elective. To say I'm gutted is an understatement...

Core- Sufficiency 0 Decile 6. Red in BL. Elective: Sufficiency 3 Decile 10

Well done to everyone who passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Soap_Soup

Right, I have a few questions for people if anyone wants to give general feedback.

1. So it's taken me about a day to realise that whereas I don't mind resitting the audit elective (I'm pretty confident that with a bit of prep I could rely on myself to pass it), I am in a bit of an awkward scenario. I hadn't given this too much thought before. But I'm coming out of contract from a big 4 firm in March. This exam's in September, and the results won't be out until literally a year from now (that thought is a kick in the stones).

So - what are my options career/job wise?

There's going to be a period of about 10 months where I'm out of contract and unqualified. I imagine the only jobs available to me will be part-qualified roles. Would that not look a bit like a step in the wrong direction on my CV? The alternative could be to try and save now and fill up those months with travelling etc. but I haven't given that too much thought yet.

2. To people that passed both - how did you split your time over study leave? If I'm honest I'd say I spent 90% of my time on the core. 10% on the elective. On the face of it that looks like it explains why I failed elective. But is it generally peoples view that the elective requires a lot less time and preparation? Or would anyone argue that's a misconception and that the elective requires a lot of time as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

Right, I have a few questions for people if anyone wants to give general feedback.

1. So it's taken me about a day to realise that whereas I don't mind resitting the audit elective (I'm pretty confident that with a bit of prep I could rely on myself to pass it), I am in a bit of an awkward scenario. I hadn't given this too much thought before. But I'm coming out of contract from a big 4 firm in March. This exam's in September, and the results won't be out until literally a year from now (that thought is a kick in the stones).

There's going to be a period of about 10 months where I'm out of contract and unqualified. I imagine the only jobs available to me will be part-qualified roles. Would that not look a bit like a step in the wrong direction on my CV? The alternative could be to try and save now and fill up those months with travelling etc. but I haven't given that too much thought yet.

2. To people that passed both - how did you split your time over study leave? If I'm honest I'd say I spent 90% of my time on the core. 10% on the elective. On the face of it that looks like it explains why I failed elective. But is it generally peoples view that the elective requires a lot less time and preparation? Or would anyone argue that's a misconception and that the elective requires a lot of time as well?

I finished my contract in September this is my second time failing core, I recently started a new job in a large accountancy firm in England, the only difference in being qualified/part qualified is the salary. That's my take on it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

i Actually prob spent 99% of my time on Core and that 1% on the elective and failed core and passed the elective. These exams are actually a lottery, you just can't tell! It really is all about what happens on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Coola Boola85

Being a serial repeater as I call myself, I guarantee you I can feel your pain!! For a couple of days, the hurt, the anger, the bitterness, the frustration might be very distressing but you will find the strength to deal with it eventually.
    Whatever anyone else may say, for me the key belief, positivity, grit, determination, and above all, perseverance. Today that I have passed I can look back at all it has cost me – professionally, financially, and most importantly personally but none of it matters today because today all I can seem to do is just count my blessings. All I can feel is that the prize was worth the fight.

I echo lexluthor's thoughts above, great post, I am delighted for you :) I struggled with CAP 2's so I know the feeling. Congratulations to all who were successful this time around, the rest of us just need to keep our chin's up and battle on. This year I changed my approach to study, my exam technique and I put my life on hold.

It was my first sitting so I was happy to have passed my APM elective, but I failed Core.

I was so so close on the Core it is really hard to take. Decile ranking 6, with sufficiency 0, Green in FN and Tax, Yellow in IT, Audit and BL, but a Red in PM sank me. I ran out of time in the AAFRP and only got RC, I reckon this is what made the difference.

Working in industry I was on the back foot from the off in respect of study leave and getting blocks of time off. I gave it absolutely everything I had, both mentally and physically, been in a long term long distance relationship adds another layer of complexity to it all and makes things that little bit more difficult. To go through all of that and then to fail by such a narrow margin is a real kick in the teeth. I hope it doesn't effect my relationship most importantly or my career prospects, the thought of another 12 months in limbo turns my stomach. But I must be positive, I have come this far I can't let them beat me.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭danko2012

I failed for second time myself this year, was out of contract in May and was in the same boat as you... I took the summer for studying (which obviously wasn't helpful enough)! After doing the exams I was looking for a job and I managed to get one before the results were out on a decent wage... The main prob naturally is salary and also the employers worry that if u don't pass then u be looking for more time off!

I was way more devastated last yr at not passing as had similar panic as you, wondering how things would pan out but worked out fine!

6 yellows and failed on sufficiency, some nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 biddyboo

Hi guys. New to boards.
    Failed twice now.
    Exact same result twice!
    Feel a bit like Ron.
    Did they get the right number,paper, candidate etc..
    Can't believe the amount you have to pay to get some feedback. Freedom of information m.a.
    Will the CASSI people do something about this and lobby the FAE board. It should be matter of courtesy that feedback is given in relation to papers (that is based on a cost that relects the recessionary period we all live in and the fact that we are students not bankers). CASSI really need to come on side the students that fail and not be all about those who pass. CASSI realy need to do something - not just hold parties.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Lol2013

Said like a true believer. Thanks lexxie. I have to agree with you on this one. It's all about positive mental attitude. PMA. I'd say for me thats what got me through. When I saw the rresult yesterday morning I burst into tears my sis was scared thinking I had failed. I don't envy anyone who has to do them next year. It's a year of hell and sacrifices. Not only me and my family also. I was more worried about them. I'm so happy for you lex. Sorry to anyone who didn't get them this year. I pray you get them next year. Hey lex yoh owe me an ice cream. I have proof of our contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

Did anyone get an application for membership in the post ? Or does anyone know were we can get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 JAKE11

AB6891 wrote: »
    I am really gutted for you upnorthchick... I for one found your positivty on this thread extremely helpful in the run up to September, and also your advice and opinions.

I finally passed today - it was my third attempt at both of the papers. It is a great relief.

Please get your appeal and letter in and I for one will have my fingers crossed for you. From your comments it appears you are a fine worker and that in my eyes is more important than any letters as any boss will tell you.

I remember last year after failing both for a 2nd time reading a quote on here... It read something like... 'There are two types of people; one who succeed in everything they do and the second who refuse to be beaten'... That quote stuck with me all year so please dont give up, you are almost there now!

And for anyone who hasnt passed today, dont let it get you down, regroup, recharge the batteries and put them to bed next time. Because if I can pass them 3rd time around, im pretty sure anyone can.

That's great news! I think its great when people pass first time, its an achievement. When someone picks themselves up and tries again and comes out the right side in the end then that's real success! Well done on your exam success and your perserverance:).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aca2801

A huge congrats to all who passed! And so sorry for those you didnt. I know what you all mean. I too put my life on hold for dese exams and i worked my ass off studin for them. At least i got core but failed apm. Yes i have mixed emotions but i hate i have to wait 12 mths to repeat dis. It makes me feel awful thinking about it and i know apm was bad but when i see the pass rate it makes me feel sick! Anyone think it is a good idea switching elective? Guys i know we have to grow a pair and get over it and move on but that doesnt mean it hurts any less. Fingers crossed and please god for all who didnt get through on fri will beat the battlefield next sep and will have passed in 12mths time.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

Did anyone get an application for membership in the post ? Or does anyone know were we can get this?

I got an email last month telling me how much it would cost. Then you just print it off the ca dairy there is a tab for admission

aca2801 wrote: »
    A huge congrats to all who passed! And so sorry for those you didnt. I know what you all mean. I too put my life on hold for dese exams and i worked my ass off studin for them. At least i got core but failed apm. Yes i have mixed emotions but i hate i have to wait 12 mths to repeat dis. It makes me feel awful thinking about it and i know apm was bad but when i see the pass rate it makes me feel sick! Anyone think it is a good idea switching elective? Guys i know we have to grow a pair and get over it and move on but that doesnt mean it hurts any less. Fingers crossed and please god for all who didnt get through on fri will beat the battlefield next sep and will have passed in 12mths time.

I think u need to think how much work you put into APM and if you feel u done all you can switch but if you know you could do better don't. I changed from audit last year to APM this year and even tho was a rotten paper it was by far easier than audit. Audit seems ok but then it's marked hard

pepp wrote: »
    I got an email last month telling me how much it would cost. Then you just print it off the ca dairy there is a tab for admission

Do you need to send some kinda application for the graduation too ??

Do you need to send some kinda application for the graduation too ??

Don't think so but not really sure

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

Never got that email, am concerned since everything needs to be in by Friday doesn't it?

costacurta wrote: »
    Never got that email, am concerned since everything needs to be in by Friday doesn't it?

Yeah 29th is the last day this year for the spring graduation I'd ring them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

Yeah 29th is the last day this year for the spring graduation I'd ring them tomorrow

Will do. Do you remember on the off chance how much we have to pay to join?

costacurta wrote: »
    Will do. Do you remember on the off chance how much we have to pay to join?

I was told £317 but not sure if it's same for everyone

• Advertisement
Advertisement