Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE September 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

I have my appeal away this afternoon - £8 later and will only hit Dublin on Friday!
    fingers crossed - can anyone advise - should I got for clerical re check along with the appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Aidodub87

I have my appeal away this afternoon - £8 later and will only hit Dublin on Friday!
    fingers crossed - can only advise - should I got for clerical re check along with the appeal?

I think as part of it they do a clerical recheck anyway!

Aidodub87 wrote: »
    I think as part of it they do a clerical recheck anyway!

ah ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭danko2012

lclohessy wrote: »
    The pass rate for first time was 70% the over all pass rate slightly lower worked out as follows;

Sitting 598 Pass 70% 418.60 (First time)
    Sitting 204 Pass 68% 138.72 (Second time over)

Total 802 Pass : 69.50%

This would mean that only 4 other people are in the same position in AAA being so close. (802 * 1/2%)

Keep the head up the same happened to me 2 years ago just pick yourself up and try to move on as this shows you are capable of getting those.

im in the exact same boat.... decile 7 sufficiency 1 so you have found 2 of the 4 people... dunno whether it matters anyway as pass is paa and fail is fail..

RE a post above about the marking, I got 6 yellows and with sufficiency 2, the colours as agreed have no correlation to sufficiency purposes.

I have finally worked out how they are marked.. bit late but here goes...

Say Person A got 5 Y's and 1 Green in PM
    Say Person B got 5 Y's and 1 Green in Finance

And for example all other indicators they obtained same C's and Rc's

Person A would have likely had to get 3 out of 4 C's to obtain Green.
    Person B would likely obtain 1 C and an RC or 2 C's to obtain Green.

So Person A has 3 C's whereas Person B has at most 2 C's. So when all the C's and RC's are converted to marks for sufficiency purposes, Person A has the higher %!

Sounds mad but i finally think i have worked it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FAEEAF

fingers crossed - can anyone advise - should I got for clerical re check along with the appeal?

Is the appeal not done online?

FAEEAF wrote: »
    Is the appeal not done online?

that is only payment method - I queried with institute

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭AB6891

Best of luck, fingers crossed for you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FAEACA

that is only payment method - I queried with institute

Clerical re-checks can be ordered and paid online.

Extenuating circumstances can also be completed online but supporting documentation such as medical certificates etc must be sent via post!

FAEACA wrote: »
    Clerical re-checks can be ordered and paid online.

Extenuating circumstances can also be completed online but supporting documentation such as medical certificates etc must be sent via post!

I queried with the institute and I have purchased it already - it does not give you an option to fill anything online!! and I have spoke to <Mod Edit No names please> about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Tempted to try ACCA as well as FAE for 3rd and final time next year. Best craic ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Ron, you must have deep pockets and an addiction to pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 biddyboo

I agree with Ron. Eggs in more than one basket at this stage. Spread the risk.
    Couldnt face another episode like this one. BIG disappointment to loose ones job over a red in ****in BL (HR of all ****e). Onwards and upwards. We'll see the back of these clowns soon enuf. Who was the examiner?? Anyways, he stole most of my solution to boot.

Well, the way I see it; it might be expensive enough to do ACCA on top of repeating FAE but not being qualified is more expensive. I'm hedging bets by doing both. If I pass FAE, I'll not continue ACCA. If I fail FAE, I'll just continue on with ACCA with a year saved. Not going to be much craic but anyone who has made it past CAP2 has got plenty to offer. Don't see why I should let some freakish examination hold me back. At the end of the day, I just see it as bad luck why I didn't pass both times. Not going to let it hold me back more than possible. FAEs are a total ballache because you have to put so much work into them and it's a killer when you don't cross the line due to something subjective.

But anyway there are loads of people on either side of the line and very close to it by the sounds of things. Just unlucky if you're on the wrong side.

At least if you fail an ACCA exam, it's pretty straight forward why you've not got the marks for the question and if you don't get enough marks you don't pass. No hokus pokus with that..

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Dmac_Aca12

Hi guys does anyone know that when submitting the application to membership do we also need to send an additional form for the graduation .

Well said Ron. All I want is my own practice to do small accounts, tax and audit. Not looking for the world. So, whichever body passes me first is the favourite.

Last year I got a decile 1 in audit. To fail core this year so marginally is really holding me back. Anyone know of any good audit jobs goin? By next week I'm broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

Dmac_Aca12 wrote: »
    Hi guys does anyone know that when submitting the application to membership do we also need to send an additional form for the graduation .

After your membership application is accepted you get an invitation to attend the conferring ceremony and you reply weather or not you will be attending at that stage

I missed the post today it went after 5 ;( so I m praying it gets there by Friday. Wondering if they ll accept it Monday

Dmac_Aca12 wrote: »
    I missed the post today it went after 5 ;( so I m praying it gets there by Friday. Wondering if they ll accept it Monday

Did you copy it? Scan it in and email a copy and tell them the original is in the post

pepp wrote: »
    Did you copy it? Scan it in and email a copy and tell them the original is in the post

**** no I forgot to copy it. Crap !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lexluthor

folks applying for membership - what's the difference between "final training review of professional development and declaration by chartered accountants ireland" and "summary form of record of experience" - these two options appear under "ca diary of professional development" on first page of admission to membership document???

lexluthor wrote: »
    folks applying for membership - what's the difference between "final training review of professional development and declaration by chartered accountants ireland" and "summary form of record of experience" - these two options appear under "ca diary of professional development" on first page of admission to membership document???

You need both I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

danko2012 wrote: »
    im in the exact same boat.... decile 7 sufficiency 1 so you have found 2 of the 4 people... dunno whether it matters anyway as pass is paa and fail is fail..

RE a post above about the marking, I got 6 yellows and with sufficiency 2, the colours as agreed have no correlation to sufficiency purposes.

I have finally worked out how they are marked.. bit late but here goes...

Say Person A got 5 Y's and 1 Green in PM
    Say Person B got 5 Y's and 1 Green in Finance

And for example all other indicators they obtained same C's and Rc's

Person A would have likely had to get 3 out of 4 C's to obtain Green.
    Person B would likely obtain 1 C and an RC or 2 C's to obtain Green.

So Person A has 3 C's whereas Person B has at most 2 C's. So when all the C's and RC's are converted to marks for sufficiency purposes, Person A has the higher %!

Sounds mad but i finally think i have worked it out

Performance Measurement in being weighted more than Finance shocker

You need both I think

what are they? :P i havent a clue actually! im sure i know but i just dont know the formal terms

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

what are they? :P i havent a clue actually! im sure i know but i just dont know the formal terms

My form is away but all i did was print the form for admission to membership from the ca diary! :s I hope this is correct lol!

My form is away but all i did was print the form for admission to membership from the ca diary! :s I hope this is correct lol!

Me too so hopefully it is

• Advertisement

did you send a print out of your full diary?
    when i printed the form it was just a summary of the competencies i had and my mentor had to sign it off ?

did you send a print out of your full diary?
    when i printed the form it was just a summary of the competencies i had and my mentor had to sign it off ?

When I printed it the whole thing printed out the signing off pages for the training partner then all my diary entries was like 40 pages or so

When I printed it the whole thing printed out the signing off pages for the training partner then all my diary entries was like 40 pages or so

uh ohh i only sent the summary as my diary entries didnt print! hope its accepted

I'd give them a ring maybe you don't need them but if you do you could email them to them

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Elvis2012

Toberzzz wrote: »
    just spoke with exam team member from our firm who had spoken to the institute about results. I got green in finance which had only 2 indicators whereas somebody who got green in another subject that had 3/4 indicators wud have better decile than me and therefore pass. She said the fact I was marginal failure means my paper was checked by at least 3 or 4 different people and the recheck appeal has 0% chance of success but that I could be lucky......feel like lloyd in dumb & dumber now....so you're saying there's a chance.... FML

That last line put a smile on my face for the first time since Friday... Haha... Well done sir!!!

In the same boat and feel your pain. 5 Yellows and 1 G in BL sufficiency 1. ACCA HERE I COME!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭danko2012

Mod Edit: Leave this type of post to the after hours forum please.

lol now now ladies..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Soap_Soup

My 4 Yellows and 2 Green (Audit and IMP) was sufficiency 0 and Decile 8. I passed with that.

I had an understanding of the different areas we had to show competency in etc. and that PM and BL require a higher standard, but I still don't understand how the colour coding/breadth and the decile rankings tie together.

I mean I had the 6 different sub-topics in my head throughout the exams (trying to make sure if I thought one tax indicator didn't go well, to hit the next one full on), but if objectively you would call someone in Decile 6 who failed's paper a better performance than mine (Decile 8), I genuinely feel uncomfortable with me passing and them failing.

There seems to be a better understanding this year re the marking system. Leaks from insiders no doubt. Anyone know a good hacker so they can hack in and change my result. Kid you not. Desperate times require desperate measures. Its called the matching principle (fr joke). Have put in an extenuating appeal. As I rode from Artane on Charlie my horse on the morning of the Sims paper, Charlie bolted as he fears the path trodden to the RDS. I was bolted and my head fell off. I was the person sitting in the front in ROW 3 decapitated with blood flowing down my trousers. Sorry for the mess. I didn't lodge an appeal there and then caus I thought it would be very obvious to the invigilator that I was suffering from extenuating circumstances. The loss of my head caused great confusion in the exam and uber loss of concentration especially when it came to writing nauseous but creative solutions on best governance practices for a ****e tubberware company. I know my extenuating circumstances appeal will be successful as Charlie has nodded to tell me he also thinks we have a case. Best to all appealing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pak299

Hey Guys,

I am available to give grinds in financial reporting, if interested pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Toberzzz

pak299 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I am available to give grinds in financial reporting, if interested pm me!

PM me.....FAE pun....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭searunner

Weather you passed or failed this year, i wish you all the best for the future.

guys URGENT HELP NEEDED! all my entries in CA Diary are locked my mentor tells me I now need to complete the "section for trainee review" before he can complete final review.. can someone pls tell me where is this so called section for trainee review and how to complete it!?!?!??!

guys URGENT HELP NEEDED! all my entries in CA Diary are locked my mentor tells me I now need to complete the "section for trainee review" before he can complete final review.. can someone pls tell me where is this so called section for trainee review and how to complete it!?!?!??!

You fill them in on the mentors log in at the same time they do their review

• Advertisement

You fill them in on the mentors log in at the same time they do their review

kinda confused mate, like i as a student should login using mentor's login!? pls elaborate? thnx

• Registered Users Posts: 10 starfair

kinda confused mate, like i as a student should login using mentor's login!? pls elaborate? thnx

What should happen is, the student should be present when the menor carries out their review. The student then gives feedback based on the review given by the mentor. Hope this of some help to you.

Sorry wasn't very clear what happened when I did it was, at the same time my mentor was creating the review they then had a separate area for me to put in my feed back. I had to put it I'm at the same time or it would not save on the diary, because the mentor entry was not complete. It was not possible for the mentor to do the review and then go back after and me do the feed back section.

So when your mentor logs in then you can see the box for the student feed back it's not available under the student log in

does anyone know how long it takes to hear back about membership?

does anyone know how long it takes to hear back about membership?

it'll be after 11th december..

for the life of me i still cant figure out how to complete this "trainee review" before my mentor can progress to final review! like im 5,000 miles away from my mentor having left my firm a while back now its proving harder than i thought to get this god damn diary out of the way

Sorry wasn't very clear what happened when I did it was, at the same time my mentor was creating the review they then had a separate area for me to put in my feed back. I had to put it I'm at the same time or it would not save on the diary, because the mentor entry was not complete. It was not possible for the mentor to do the review and then go back after and me do the feed back section.

So when your mentor logs in then you can see the box for the student feed back it's not available under the student log in

cool so i suppose i could send my feedback to my mentor and he could fill it in on my behalf via his login - would that be possible? as im not in ireland

does it have to be more detailed or the typical 3-4 liner?

cool so i suppose i could send my feedback to my mentor and he could fill it in on my behalf via his login - would that be possible? as im not in ireland

does it have to be more detailed or the typical 3-4 liner?

You will have to do this review for every 6 month period of your training contract. but yeah if you send your mentor your feedback he could fill it in as it has to be through his log on!

You will have to do this review for every 6 month period of your training contract. but yeah if you send your mentor your feedback he could fill it in as it has to be through his log on!

okay cool thanks , just a short review as i suggested 3-4 liner or like detailed like one pager type?

okay cool thanks , just a short review as i suggested 3-4 liner or like detailed like one pager type?

Couple of sentences I think that's what I've done so hopefully it's ok

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how long before you hear back from cai after applying for membership?

Advertisement