Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its time for 50km, 63km and maybe 100km of "fun"!

Options
  • 01-11-2012 12:00pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Decided to start a new training log at this stage as I have some new plans and I somewhat neglected my last training log and I've certainly moved on abit since my first one.

Lets get some back story....started running in February 2010 using coach to 5k, ran my first half-marathon in September of that year and my first Marathon in June 2011.

To date I've run four marathons and one Ultra (50km), PB for marathon was set during Dublin 2012 with 3:41:44 which knocked 17min off of my previous PB,

So why the new blog you may ask?

Well, I really want to push myself, the initial goals at the moment are a 50km in February 2013, Connemara Ultra in April 2013 and provided I put the head down and actually do this properly a 100km in June 2013.

Have I lost all sense, errr...well maybe, even while I was running Dublin a few days ago I certainly did question do I want to put myself through such things but then whats the fun in not doing things like this :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Congrats on the PB in Dublin and best of luck with the goals.

The thoughts have entered your head and they probably won't leave until you give them a go...so why not now!
    Going from marathon training it'll be a bit easier than starting from scratch. Best of Luck

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Younganne wrote: »
    The thoughts have entered your head and they probably won't leave until you give them a go...so why not now!

Thats certainly my thinking anyway,

That and this is the best time for me to actually have the time to put into training for longer events....no kids at present although this may likely change in next 1-2 years so nows the time :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ok I more or less took a week off after Dublin (I did one run) so I'm gona to start to ease myself back into runs this week,

Did 7miles lastnight and 3miles this morning, due to change in shifts I'm going to aim to do all my runs this week very early in the morning.

Advertisement