Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luxury apartments in Sligo

Options
  • 01-11-2012 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Have a friend moving from Dublin to Sligo for 9 months, prepared to pay for a 1 year lease but is looking for an apartment in Sligo Town.

He has been looking on daft and myhome etc and so have I on his behalf but we can't find anything on the higher end, excellent finish, brand new etc...

Anything in Quayside etc are all quite average. Is there such a thing as luxury apartment accomodation in Sligo town centre? He has a budget anywhere up to €1000 per month.

Happy to look around myself and get links if anyone could just provide development names.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Hi there,

Have a friend moving from Dublin to Sligo for 9 months, prepared to pay for a 1 year lease but is looking for an apartment in Sligo Town.

He has been looking on daft and myhome etc and so have I on his behalf but we can't find anything on the higher end, excellent finish, brand new etc...

Anything in Quayside etc are all quite average. Is there such a thing as luxury apartment accomodation in Sligo town centre? He has a budget anywhere up to €1000 per month.

Happy to look around myself and get links if anyone could just provide development names.

Thank you.

€1000 a month in sligo for an apt is huge money, some nice houses in kevinsfort for example 10 mins walk from town for that kind of money.

most of the apartments i can think of in town are pretty generic stuff.

there might be some over kennedys by the river (owned by quinn family) which are pretty nice but i'd imagine noise could be a big issue with velvet, toffs and garavogue all very close by and the foot traffic that come with them. i believe they're pretty empty so getting one would be easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

promethius wrote: »
    €1000 a month in sligo for an apt is huge money, some nice houses in kevinsfort for example 10 mins walk from town for that kind of money.

most of the apartments i can think of in town are pretty generic stuff.

there might be some over kennedys by the river (owned by quinn family) which are pretty nice but i'd imagine noise could be a big issue with velvet, toffs and garavogue all very close by and the foot traffic that come with them. i believe they're pretty empty so getting one would be easy enough.

castlewood (above kennedys) are best apartments in town - huge money spent on sound proofing - 750 for 2 beds with underground parking and no students/non professionals

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1264521

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wouldn't live above Kennedys. A friend of mine lived there for a while and he said the noise was crazy. One of the windows of his apartment was above the smoking area in Kennedys and that smoking area doesn't look like it's sound proofed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Sligored wrote: »
    castlewood (above kennedys) are best apartments in town - huge money spent on sound proofing - 750 for 2 beds with underground parking and no students/non professionals

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1264521

if the occupancy is as low as i've heard, i'd say they'd take anyone in once the check clears :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

What about the ones above Johnston's Court Shopping centre? I have lived in the Quayside and am currently living in CityGate but they are far from quality living. I heard that there was a lot of work done in Brooklawns over ther past few months and they have central heating. Kevinsfort might be the best bet or maybe consider Strandhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Always wondered what the ones above Jako are like they seem to be decent looking

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

Was in ones in the Old Mill (beside ByPass) recently and though it was just a quick look they looked quite nice (much nicer in real life than the photos on daft of them!), had lots of extras that arent in many apts such as underfloor heating, thermostat regulated etc. Includes underground parking too. Like i say, only had a quick look but maybe worth investigating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

66dunaras wrote: »
    Was in ones in the Old Mill (beside ByPass) recently and though it was just a quick look they looked quite nice (much nicer in real life than the photos on daft of them!), had lots of extras that arent in many apts such as underfloor heating, thermostat regulated etc. Includes underground parking too. Like i say, only had a quick look but maybe worth investigating

Have you got a link to these. I know exactly where they are but I cannot see any on daft or a website belonging to them. I had completely forgotten above these.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

Have you got a link to these. I know exactly where they are but I cannot see any on daft or a website belonging to them. I had completely forgotten above these.

The ad on daft for the apt in Old Mill has been taken down so i assume its gone. However, its still up on adverts.ie if you just want to get an idea of them http://www.adverts.ie/property-for-rent/the-old-mill-union-street-sligo/2131203. Like i said, the apt was more impressive in real life than in the pics!

Maybe that auctioneer might have other apts in the building or might know who to put you in touch with. I heard that a lot of apts in the building are vacant. Not sure if the empty ones are privately owned/still for sale/for rent but worth a shot.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

In my opinion, there's no real 'luxury apartment accomodation' in town. There was always a trade-off between parking/space/location etc.
    The best apartments in town would have to be (from experience):
      Castewood, Rockwood Parade (central, parking but above a popular bar, and in my opinion, a bit soulless) Cois Inbhear, Markievicz road (above Jako, from what i remember has parking, seemed nice) Johnston Court, John St (Dont think had parking, depending on what apt, is a bit noisy, situated above a busy parking spot)
    I've never been inside the Old Mill Apt, on Union street, but wouldn't fancy somewhere that's nestled between 2 roads, never mind the main N4 'bypass'!
    Hollymount is another option, its located on Cartron Hill just outside town, but that road can be a nightmare to get on at certain times.

If it were me, and had that amount of money at my disposal, I'd rent slightly out of town. Kevinsfort 1km, Aylesbury Park 1.5km, Hazelwood 2km.
    My preference would be on Kevinsfort

• Advertisement
Advertisement