Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any place to grab a Burrito?

Options
  • 01-11-2012 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Any place to grab a Burrito in Galway City?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

La Salsa?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭_Puma_

La Salsa near Sally Longs

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

La Salsa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Maybe La Salsa ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

La Salsa.

There are a few other places that claim they have burritos but they are all ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I think we deserve another proper burrito place in galway!

who's with me?

You can get them in places like Cactus Jacks and maybe Cava too.

I think we deserve another proper burrito place in galway!

who's with me?

Somewhere like Pablo Picante, oh dear jaysus.

150px-Taco_Bell_logo.svg.png

tumblr_lxq32wjlAY1qil96wo1_500.jpg

biko wrote: »
    150px-Taco_Bell_logo.svg.png

tumblr_lxq32wjlAY1qil96wo1_500.jpg

Taco bell is disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

La Salsa makes Taco Bell look authentic.

While I used to like Taco Bell (primarily for their late opening hours) when I'm in the States I head straight to a proper authentic mexican restuarant. Unfortunately, Galway doesn't have anything close. The only way is to make your own.

FWIW, I make about 30 bean and cheese burritos at a time and freeze them (layer of refried beans, salsa, chopped onion, cheese). Nuke for 3.5 mins and makes for a tasty snack / lunch.

I tweeted all the burrito places in dublin to see if they wanna open in galway and feed our desire for burritos for the cause :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I like Taco Bell, went there many times when I was in Australia :) And I like La Salsa.

Maybe they're not authentic but they do nice food. Although I don't really like the 'funky' burritos in La Salsa, like the Balti / Baja ones. I always go for the plain ones.

Burritos and Blues
    @Burritosblues
    @hungoverbunny we need to get a good location! You know of any?

any ideas guys?

Little Ass Burrito @Littleassbb @hungoverbunny on the to-do list! #SeeYouSoon

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

I tweeted all the burrito places in dublin to see if they wanna open in galway and feed our desire for burritos for the cause :cool:

OP here...Thanks for the suggestions...I got one from LASalsa...It was ok but doesnt compare to Boojum...

Boojum in Dublin/Belfast are so damn good... There is a constant cue in their shops...I know the one in Dublin has a cue of about 10 people waiting at the door for them to open at 5mins to 12...Its ridiculous but so damn nice...

newkie wrote: »

While I used to like Taco Bell (primarily for their late opening hours) when I'm in the States I head straight to a proper authentic mexican restuarant. Unfortunately, Galway doesn't have anything close. The only way is to make your own.

FWIW, I make about 30 bean and cheese burritos at a time and freeze them (layer of refried beans, salsa, chopped onion, cheese). Nuke for 3.5 mins and makes for a tasty snack / lunch.

La Salsa actually use real meat in their at least, and their food doesn't taste like processed ****e. Taco bell is almost inedible and you generally feel like **** for hours after, it's like mcdonalds x 10.
    The only reason I'd ever go back to taco bell is if I only had a dollar in my pocket and needed to eat right then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There's some smaller chains I remember on the West coast of the States (maybe more) like Taco Del Mar that are great. Another is Tacos Guaymas.

A Salsa and Chili bar, fresh ingredients, and fish tacos yum! I miss proper corn tortillas too (the ones in the shops are a poor wheat/corn blend here). I make my own the odd time.

I wouldn't have been mad on Taco Bell tbh, but I bet they vary country to country in terms of standard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

there is a burrito bar opening soon on bridge street where top kebab is.

there is a burrito bar opening soon on bridge street where top kebab is.

Who's opening it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

La Salsa is decent if you get the fajita chicken one, extra spicy. The normal burrito is awful crap. A load of dry mince with some mayonnaisey stuff globbed at one end.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

I'm no burrito expert but mixed greens do a chilli beef burrito. One on Newcastle road beside supremacy, and one in town at back entrance of eyre sq centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

inisboffin wrote: »
    I wouldn't have been mad on Taco Bell tbh, but I bet they vary country to country in terms of standard.

They do vary a bit as they're a franchise. But tbh it's just fast food.

I'm just being mean about La Salsa, I tried them once 8 years ago after moving from California where there's loads of choice for great mexican. Maybe I should give them another chance but I remember it being pretty terrible. €8 for a burrito and then another €3 for guacamole? It's just too easy to make at home to go waste money on something I could do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

LaSalsa Chicken Caesar Burrito... mmmm. Tastes even better out of the fridge the next day if you can't finish it.

I always found LaSalsa on Mainguard St much better.
    Lambasted wrote: »
    I'm no burrito expert but mixed greens do a chilli beef burrito. One on Newcastle road beside supremacy, and one in town at back entrance of eyre sq centre

Was about to say this... v tasty alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

I want one now and it's only 10:33 am

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Lambasted wrote: »
    If thats the same chilli beef wrap i was given the no its mank, loadsa crunchy veg like baby corn and then a nasty sweet chilli sauce, thats got nothing to do with burritos for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

€8 for a burrito and then another €3 for guacamole? It's just too easy to make at home to go waste money on something I could do better.

That's just Ireland though. The prices takeaway places charge is absolutely criminal. In England you could literally feed a family for what you might feed one person for here, it's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

The fact you have wilfully eaten Taco Bell makes your opinion on Mexican food completely void.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Make your own OP !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

boys that have four star and subway

Advertisement