Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any place to grab a Burrito?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Mick0

I've eaten in el burrito a few times and I think it's pretty good. I've also eaten in la salsa for years but at present I prefer EL Burrito.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 EdwardSav

El Burrito is the better one. La Salsa uses pretty good ingredients but it doesn't really come together like a proper burrito should which is a tasty juicy mess, they can be quite dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Tried El Burrito on Friday.. not too bad I have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I used my grabone voucher finally a few days ago, I enjoyed what I had, didn't have long to wait for my food. The lady behind the counter was very friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I had a chicken burrito from La Salsa on Abbeygate street upper over the weekend. It was closer to a kebab than a burrito. I thought it was awful and I will not be going back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

What Galway needs is a Boojum.:) It would do a roaring trade given that students and twentysomethings make up a huge proportion of its clientele.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    What Galway needs is a Boojum.:) It would do a roaring trade given that students and twentysomethings make up a huge proportion of its clientele.

Or a place similar to any of the burrito places springing up in dublin. Boojum, Little Ass, Tuzo, Tolteca...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Grimebox wrote: »
    Or a place similar to any of the burrito places springing up in dublin. Boojum, Little Ass, Tuzo, Tolteca...
    Basically anywhere that would do good Mexican food.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jkp

i'm just gonna leave this here...

https://www.facebook.com/boojumgalway

:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Bit slow. It's already being discussed in the Opening/Closing thread (without the FB link).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Must suck to be El Burrito right now, I love that place but anytime I'm gonna be in Galway now its always going to be Boojum. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jkp

Bit slow. It's already being discussed in the Opening/Closing thread (without the FB link).

so it's not worth updating the thread about burritos because someone somewhere mentioned it before? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jkp wrote: »
    so it's not worth updating the thread about burritos because someone somewhere mentioned it before? :confused:

He's saying you loose at internet, and you should feel bad. :eek:

I know, life isn't worth living after loosing at internet, but think of the boojum burito, it might just give you the will to fight on :D

He's saying you loose at internet, and you should feel bad. :eek:

I know, life isn't worth living after loosing at internet, but think of the boojum burito, it might just give you the will to fight on :D

You also lost the internet :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm a sad panda, internet hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm not familiar with Boojum but given the celebrations on their facebook page, it will be a welcome addition to Galway!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm a sad panda, internet hard :(

I was just imagining you loosing the internet on an unsuspecting public. Freeing it from its fibreoptic restraints and letting it wreak havoc upon us all.

You monster.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with Boojum but given the celebrations on their facebook page, it will be a welcome addition to Galway!

Its often considered the best burrito place in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

Boojum is hands down the nicest, well priced burrito that you're likely to get in Ireland. Will be a great addition to Galway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They seem to stop around 9ish in Dublin though so I presume they don't do takeaway?
    Probably just as well considering where the Galway shop is going to be located.
    Looking forward to it. Must be the first menu I've seen where the veggie option is at the top (and cheaper).

• Advertisement

They seem to stop around 9ish in Dublin though so I presume they don't do takeaway?
    Probably just as well considering where the Galway shop is going to be located.
    Looking forward to it. Must be the first menu I've seen where the veggie option is at the top (and cheaper).

They do takeaway

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yeshboyz

Great to see another Mexican coming to Galway, love La Salsa and now Boojum, great stuff....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Boojum is hands down the nicest, well priced burrito that you're likely to get in Ireland. Will be a great addition to Galway :D

i always preferred pablo piccante but boojum is a close second. gonna do great business in galway, i might drive up some nights for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, I love Mexican food so go to Salsa sometimes, went weekly when I loved close by. Will definitely try this new spot out.
    Cactus Jacks do burritos too. Not the place to go after a feed of beer but nice for an early bird dinner before heading out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Had Boojum for the first time in yonks today and jesus it was worlds apart from El Burrito and La Salsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Damnit, now I want a boojum... Yes, it has become a noun here in Belfast...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Melty

It was already a noun everywhere else

great :D

Went into El Burrito today and won't be returning. I'd go so far as to say that it was one of the worst meals I have ever eaten in a restaurant in Galway. The ingredients were bland and of poor quality with no real flavor to speak of. I managed to eat half before giving up on the soggy mess.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Went into El Burrito today and won't be returning. I'd go so far as to say that it was one of the worst meals I have ever eaten in a restaurant in Galway. The ingredients were bland and of poor quality with no real flavor to speak of. I managed to eat half before giving up on the soggy mess.

Ha! I actually was in La Salsa on sunday and had literally the same experience.
    Bland to unpleasant turning to soggy mess. Same thing, ate half and will never darken their door again.

Advertisement