Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Font Keeps changing when I copy & Paste

Options
  • 01-11-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭

I really hope someone can help me.... please

I am running MS Office 2010 and use Excel a lot. Since we upgraded to 2010, I have a problem when I copy & paste. I would do this a lot between different workbooks & worksheets.

I like to keep thinks uniform and always use Times New Roman font for everything. It is my default font everywhere in Office.

Now an example of what is happening. I export information on a regular basis from a financial package into CSV format. Open the CSV file and everyting looks good and in the correct format font, size etc. I might play around with the info, and copy and paste it to a workbook I would regularily use and need to update with new info.

Everytime, without fail, once I paste the new info it changes font from Times to Calibri or Arial, and for the life of me, I don't know why or how.

Can anyone please help me fix this bug.

thanks

Steve

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You need to change the paste options to keep text/use destination styles. See here I think answers your question :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

thanks, but this seems to refer to MS Word. The menu in Excel is different and does not give me this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Have you tried to set your default Font option to the font you want in Excel, think it's tools/options/general

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

get puretext.

or, when you paste there is an option to keep destination formatting or source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

yes I have my default set as per above.

when I paste i get no options, there is a big paste button on the top left of the screen when i click it, it pastes!

what is puretext?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

aG5TX.png

When you paste into an office program - at the end of the text or img there is that little paste i con - click for options.

puretext converts anything on your clipboard to plain text or default text

stevieob wrote: »
    yes I have my default set as per above.

when I paste i get no options, there is a big paste button on the top left of the screen when i click it, it pastes!

what is puretext?

Press the home tab on the toolbar ribbon>Look under paste there is a down arrow>click it and paste special. Here you can set the pasting options

Nick

Advertisement