Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left over Halloween stuff, any ideas?

Options
  • 01-11-2012 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm a beginner baker I just about make cheesecakes, cake and brownies.
    Anyway I bought waaaay too much stuff for Halloween and I was trying to think of stuff I could do with it (rather than just eat it obviously)
    I have some boxes of mallows (squidgy yokes) and I'm wondering would they melt? Could I use them instead of say Marshmallow fluff/creme that some american websites reference?
    Say for example Fantasy Fudge?

The lollipops and stuff will keep til next year so really I'm looking for ideas for the mallows and chocolate (Milk).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lorraine Pascale's marshmallow fudge is yummy and a great way to use up marshmallows and milk chocolate:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolate_marshmallow_14263

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

-Rocky Road
    -Marshmallows for hot chocolate
    -Rice krispie squares
    -Puffin poo (white chocolate with rice krispies and marshmallow, rolled in coconut)
    -Save some as decoration for a Xmas gingerbread house, too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

My recommendation - eat the chocolate!!!!! It's a nasty job, but someone's gotta do it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Lorraine Pascale's marshmallow fudge is yummy and a great way to use up marshmallows and milk chocolate:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolate_marshmallow_14263
    Thought this looked fun but couldnt find evapoured milk, is it a common enough thing to find?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Thought this looked fun but couldnt find evapoured milk, is it a common enough thing to find?

Yes, I have bought it in Tesco and Lidl. Its like condensed milk but runnier and less sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got it in my local supermarket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Thanks! I looked in Tesco earlier but I couldnt find it I will try Dunnes tomorrow

Advertisement