Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoodwinked

Options
  • 01-11-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

:mad: Firstly I'll start of with an angry face because I am fuming!
    2 weeks ago on a Friday evening an Eircom rep called to the house and claimed that he was checking for faults on the broadband line as there had been outages in the area due to a storm earlier in the week.

We are vodafone customers but he said that Eircom provided the line and it was just a check.

All appeared fine with the line then he started his sales patter... we could save this, this and this, faster speeds and better service etc.

We where heading away at 5am the next morning to the UK and I plainly told him as good as the offers sounded that I was no position to sign up for anything as I still had to pack a case and get things sorted for the trip.

"I'm only in the area for the night" as per the usual response of these great offers... He then came up with a plan that he'd enter my details and leave me the form to read over and send off once I had returned and was happy to proceed. "I am not signing up for anything tonight" was my response, I was assured that nothing was signed or agreed and that it was up to myself if I was interested to send of the forms when I returned.

I returned and studied the offer and paperwork and realised it was not as good as it seemed, a slower broadband service than talked about, so we weren't comparing like for like, so I decided that I was not going to proceed with the offer and discarded the forms.

On Tuesday I returned from work to the usual pile of letters on the door mat. To my surprise there was an envelope from Eircom, I was shocked to open it to find a bill enclosed.

The "sales agent" (although I'd prefer to call him gangster) had processed the forms and we had been transferred as customers to Eircom.
    I rang immediately but the cancellations department was closed for the evening and arranged for a call back for Wednesday morning.

They called when arranged and spoke to a very helpful member of staff that said it would have to referred to the complaints department, there I spoke to JP and he was great and understanding and apologetic of the situation, he said the issue had been passed on to the department managers and as it was a straight forward case it should be handled quickly.

Then today I received a call from the most obnoxious, rude and ignorant individual that I have had the misfortune to encounter for some time.
    At no point did he allow me to get my side of the story or try and understand the situation.

Repeating that its not policy for forms to be sent in to activate the account and if I wish to cancel the service, that I had not agreed to, that there would be a cancellation charge. When I explained that my point being is that I was told to send in the form which means the sales rep point blank lied to me and I had not agreed to proceed.

How this man is let near a phone to deal with customers is beyond me.

Where can I go about getting a correct email address to deal with this complaint and go about getting out of this non-contract

:mad: another angry face, still fuming!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

:mad: Firstly I'll start of with an angry face because I am fuming!
    2 weeks ago on a Friday evening an Eircom rep called to the house and claimed that he was checking for faults on the broadband line as there had been outages in the area due to a storm earlier in the week.

We are vodafone customers but he said that Eircom provided the line and it was just a check.

All appeared fine with the line then he started his sales patter... we could save this, this and this, faster speeds and better service etc.

We where heading away at 5am the next morning to the UK and I plainly told him as good as the offers sounded that I was no position to sign up for anything as I still had to pack a case and get things sorted for the trip.

"I'm only in the area for the night" as per the usual response of these great offers... He then came up with a plan that he'd enter my details and leave me the form to read over and send off once I had returned and was happy to proceed. "I am not signing up for anything tonight" was my response, I was assured that nothing was signed or agreed and that it was up to myself if I was interested to send of the forms when I returned.

I returned and studied the offer and paperwork and realised it was not as good as it seemed, a slower broadband service than talked about, so we weren't comparing like for like, so I decided that I was not going to proceed with the offer and discarded the forms.

On Tuesday I returned from work to the usual pile of letters on the door mat. To my surprise there was an envelope from Eircom, I was shocked to open it to find a bill enclosed.

The "sales agent" (although I'd prefer to call him gangster) had processed the forms and we had been transferred as customers to Eircom.
    I rang immediately but the cancellations department was closed for the evening and arranged for a call back for Wednesday morning.

They called when arranged and spoke to a very helpful member of staff that said it would have to referred to the complaints department, there I spoke to JP and he was great and understanding and apologetic of the situation, he said the issue had been passed on to the department managers and as it was a straight forward case it should be handled quickly.

Then today I received a call from the most obnoxious, rude and ignorant individual that I have had the misfortune to encounter for some time.
    At no point did he allow me to get my side of the story or try and understand the situation.

Repeating that its not policy for forms to be sent in to activate the account and if I wish to cancel the service, that I had not agreed to, that there would be a cancellation charge. When I explained that my point being is that I was told to send in the form which means the sales rep point blank lied to me and I had not agreed to proceed.

How this man is let near a phone to deal with customers is beyond me.

Where can I go about getting a correct email address to deal with this complaint and go about getting out of this non-contract

:mad: another angry face, still fuming!

Hi yellowmonkey

Sorry to hear this, I will need to follow this up with our complaints department. Can you PM me your telephone number and I will investigate this for you?

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 32 yellowmonkey

Thanks Linda just got off the phone to Veronica Brown and she has dealt with the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Thanks Linda just got off the phone to Veronica Brown and she has dealt with the issue.

Hi yellowmonkey,

No worries, any further queries get back to us here.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement