Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone locate these places for me?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I've seen the Convention Centre rings lit blue, green and various colours and even unlit. Never saw them change though
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qoMGeZPiXAc/TfdXnTctNQI/AAAAAAAADrs/63QIX2lQcZc/s1600/_MG_1623-1.JPG

They're pretty much the most colourful places the Dublin..and they were only built 2 years ago, you'd think if we ever had anything bright around here before 2010 :p
    Everything else that are bright and colourful are more views rather than places you can model at to be honest, like Aviva during a match(probably not :o), places along the river like George's Quay Plaza(Not sure about lighting) etc.

The Christmas lights will be put up in busy streets next month, maybe you can pop over in December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Can I ask, before I go, aside from the above locations (Conference Centre, Red poles at Bord Gais Theatre and the bridges) are there any other colourfully lit up building around the place?

There was a building (IFSC?) with green lights on it I seen, but it didn't look overly impressive (though I was heading home at the time and wasn't in the mood to give it a going over). I did notice (from across from the Conference Centre) that it did cast a pretty impressive green glow across the river. Would be good to know of other colourful places.

MSG, you're incredibly helpful and seem to have some pretty good ideas. If I get any luck with getting the go-ahead from the press office for the segways or getting a look at any new cars, would you like me to give you a shout and we can meet up and take a Garda related wander together?

The building with the green lights is the IFSC , there's green strips on the side of the building.

Other colorful buildings I can think of are the Blacker or Dusk nightclub Coolock, The Wright Venue Swords and the new Terminal 2 in Dublin Airport. Also, out in Howth if head up to Dear Park Golf Course you can get an excellent view of whole lot of Dublin looks wonderful on a clear night.

I would defiantly be interested in having a look at the Segways and new cars! Oh and the rings on the Convention Center I think change on a daily or hourly basis..

msg11 wrote: »
    The building with the green lights is the IFSC , there's green strips on the side of the building.

Other colorful buildings I can think of are the Blacker or Dusk nightclub Coolock, The Wright Venue Swords and the new Terminal 2 in Dublin Airport. Also, out in Howth if head up to Dear Park Golf Course you can get an excellent view of whole lot of Dublin looks wonderful on a clear night.

I would defiantly be interested in having a look at the Segways and new cars! Oh and the rings on the Convention Center I think change on a daily or hourly basis..

I know of T2 at the airport alright. A magnificent building. Unfortunately, like your other suggestions, it's a tad out of the way in an area I'm not at all familiar with (I usually just hop on a bus to The City Centre and try to figure out where I am from there).

Bad news on the Segway front is that I rang the Press Office and asked about getting them for 10-15 minutes out in the street, but was told they had a media photo-call last week and wouldn't assist me with getting photos. Which is a shame as the photos from the photo call are really snap-shotty and nothing that great (in my own personal opinion).

I didn't ask about the new fleet. I will ring again on Monday and try again on both fronts. See if I can get a different, or at least more elaborate answer (guy i was talking to was quite short and sweet, but he sounded like he had a pretty bad cough, too, so that's probably why).

If I've no luck I'll find out what station the Segways belong to and ring directly. I appreciate they've a difficult job, but I'm sure 10 minutes in St. Stephen's Green won't do anyone any harm.

I'll let you know how I get on (if at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Segways are in Pearse Street.

The number 16 bus from O'Connell Street goes to Dublin Airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Any joy KKV ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement