Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooks Recommendation

Options
  • 01-11-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Am usually wearing asics 2160 (x last 5 pairs) they ok, nice and light, no bother with them, except maybe fabric tearing a bit on the sides. I have ran in current pair since April with mileage up to 50miles per week. Need to change asap before next marathon, can anyone recommend a light pair of runners maybe brooks or saucony for high(ish) mileage ? (and maybe purse friendly too) ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Brooks ST5 are a good mid mileage option and budget friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

ta a mil for fast response, where did u buy them from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Amphibian King in Bray, they are also are Ballymount and Oranmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Amphibian King in Bray, they are also are Ballymount and Oranmore.

I have brooks st5 and brooks ghost 4. Just finished the marathon in the st5 and trained in both shoes swapping every other day. I had to get a new pair of st5 for race day but you'd expect that. Triple checking the triple knot on my shoes at the start line of the marathon I saw 4 other pairs of st5 beside the me. Popular shoe.

They are the only 2 shoes ill be using on road. My trail shoes are brooks too. Cascadia I thnk they are called.

Getting a new pair of ghost for Christmas. Was afraid to ask for ghost at Halloween.

Advertisement