Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get the **** in! New Dreamfall game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good news indeed. Recall hearing they had planned 'episodes' a long time ago.

I trust them to deliver storywise, but hopefully theyll give the gameplay a mandatory polishing after the second game!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

****, i bought these on sale and still havent even installed those...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Longest Journey was one of the adventure games ever made. Dreamfall? I couldnt play more than a few hours of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

First DayZ gets me to fall in love with zombie games all over again, then X-COM turns out to be awesome, now I hear TLJ will continue! What a time to be alive...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Only three days left and they're currently sitting about $1.3m so a bit above their $850,000 goal so it's funded but it would be nice to see them at least hit $1.5m. Hopefully the final day surge kicks in.

Kickstarter Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey?ref=activity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Christ, I'd almost forgotten about this. <3 Dreamfall, I'd be mad not to fund this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think it's the first game I've ever funded on Kickstarter. The continuing stream of updates and tiers has even made me considering upping my pledge even!

The $2,000,000 stretch goal is for another whole new game in the style of The Longest Journey (as opposed to Chapters which is in the style of Dreamfall). Probably won't make it through Kickstarter but it seems likely it will find funding elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good news indeed. Recall hearing they had planned 'episodes' a long time ago.
    Where have I heard that B3fore...

Overheal wrote: »
    Where have I heard that B3fore...

It's all the rage with developers as it allows for quicker turn around of games so you get smaller portions but more of them, kinda like Chinese food. No more waiting years for the next instalment in a gaming franchise!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's all the rage with developers as it allows for quicker turn around of games so you get smaller portions but more of them, kinda like Chinese food. No more waiting years for the next instalment in a gaming franchise!

Didn't work too well for Half Life...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Meh, tried Dreamfall, got bored very quickly.

What's the big appeal to it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

BizzyC wrote: »
    Meh, tried Dreamfall, got bored very quickly.

What's the big appeal to it?

The story was what drove it. The gameplay and puzzles were somewhat simplistic however the gorgeous visuals and fantastic story made it worth replays for me.

I'm replaying the Longest Journey at the moment. Which is also a great game but it's a little to verbose at times and one or two of the puzzles are a bit ridiculous.

Looking forward to these sequelsl

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

Yes!

Only 10 hours left but looks like they might just hit the $1.5m for the director's cut!

Finally released this week - or at least the first part is. Turns out they did go the episodic route in the end, and there will be five 'books' all-in-all.

Looking forward to getting my code tomorrow or Tuesday, although probably need to read the Wikipedia synopsis of the last game given it has been so many years :pac:. It's going to be a good week for unlikely sequels to cult hits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Dreamfall was an absolute car crash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ballyargus

so is anyone playing Book 2? It's very very good. A huge step up from the disjointed pacing of Book 1.

Advertisement