Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Ireland next week. Buy € here or in Ireland

Options
  • 01-11-2012 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Am I better off buying Euros here or in Ireland? No longer have an account there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You can buy currency at any Post Office or at the many Bureau de Change, or at any bank. The rate won't be much different here or there but it may be useful to have some Euro cash available to you when you arrive for taxi, train, snack or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I find you're much better changing your money here. Chase were charging me 10cent per dollar!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I find you're much better changing your money here. Chase were charging me 10cent per dollar!
    10% on top of differential. When was that? Was it for a large sum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

don't buy it at the airport. the rates are criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Bring a credit/debit card, you might find the rates better than exchanging a large amount of money.

Advertisement