Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Present for brother/father

• 01-11-2012 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for presents for my dad and my brother, and so far, haven't had any idea.

My brother is nerdy, he loves, maths, geography, rock music etc.

My dad is into holistic health, loves travelling, eating out, walking.

I have asked them both what they want and they don't know either.

Any suggestions are much appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Let us know what your budget is and what age group they are.....it will help us with ideas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

BDJW wrote: »
    Let us know what your budget is and what age group they are.....it will help us with ideas :)
    I completely forgot those, apologies.

Dad, 50s, brother early 20s, budget, €60, so €30 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Your brother sounds exactly like mine, he's into maths and music and all that too, and I usually get him geeky gadgets etc. There's lots of stuff here for example: http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/giftsforhim/ If you're looking for a more "serious" present, maybe a CD or a band's concert DVD, or if he plays an instrument, something related to that? Like a few cool guitar picks, a wall rack for a guitar...

Not sure if I have any ideas for your dad though. Maybe an "exotic" cook book, or a voucher for a cooking class? Or if he likes sushi, one of those sushi kits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

I also like traveling and a few christmas ago I got a book called -
    The Travel Book - A Journey through every Country in the World by Lonely Planet.
    This book has 2 pages for 229 countries in the world with fab pictures along with a small map of the coutry, best time to visit, top things to do ect.
    This is a big book.
    They have the hardcover version on sale on Amazon for stg £26 stg ( with free delivery to Ireland) and the paperback on for £10.

If he is going to a particular place on holiday I the DK top 10 travel guides are very good for a small book. They also have DK eyewitness travel guides to a lot of the world which have pictures and information..

Advertisement