Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painted Heathers

Options
  • 01-11-2012 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Saw some of these heathers in Woodies yesterday, unusual colours, was wondering if they colours stay on them or do they fade away.

Would love to add them to borders, just need to make sure before shelling out hard-earned money for them.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

these have to be the biggest con in gardening.
    the colours will not last, any new growth will be the natural colour of the plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ashleyhere

That's what I was thinking, didn't look very natural. Thanks for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Peter O'Brien Landscaping (who look after Northwood in Santry) planted a heap of them on the roundabout in Northwood Complex,Santry there a little while ago.

They were/are dark blue in colour.
    You wouldnt miss them,as they stick out like a sore thumb.

Personally not my cuppa tea,as they look too tacky and artificial.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

seen these in a few garden centres. have to say i absolutely hate them, defeats the whole challenge/enjoyment of gardening.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,462 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And the bunches of dyed chrystanthemums in supermarkets are nearly as bad, though they are dead before they reveal that they are dyed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement