Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 Battery Life

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Simon201 wrote: »
    mmmm... how do I get the usage to show the time since last charge? And what's the point of it saying 'usage times will be shown after phone is fully charged'? Don't I want to know the usage times when it's half full? :rolleyes:

[Snip]

Usually this is the message you get while you have your iPhone charging. And when it's unplugged it will show you the data from when you unplugged it. Maybe you haven't fully charged it from when you first set it up or restored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Used to have a galaxy, I find the battery life in the 5 far better. The thing that surprised me most is recharge time it is so quick with an iPhone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Unplugged it at 1am on 100%, about 8:30 it was at 89%, very little usage since then (checked email, checked HUKD app, took a photo and a few viber messages), it's now 74% at 10:30.

Interestinly though, under the time since last charge reading, it's saying my usage has been 3 hours, 20 minutes - now I haven't physically used it for anywhere near that since I unplugged it at 100%, does that reading include the phone checking things in the background or what?

The standby time is around 9 hours 30 which would be spot on however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Shzm wrote: »
    Unplugged it at 1am on 100%, about 8:30 it was at 89%, very little usage since then (checked email, checked HUKD app, took a photo and a few viber messages), it's now 74% at 10:30.

Interestinly though, under the time since last charge reading, it's saying my usage has been 3 hours, 20 minutes - now I haven't physically used it for anywhere near that since I unplugged it at 100%, does that reading include the phone checking things in the background or what?

Have you done what I suggested?

It would seem that you have an application or process that is hanging and can't terminate properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Yeah I find that the usage state does include the iPhone checking for email or background updates like what'sapp messages coming in etc. It shouldn't be too much, even over night the most I've noticed is about 30-40 mins of usage, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

mad muffin wrote: »
    Have you done what I suggested?

It would seem that you have an application or process that is hanging and can't terminate properly.

Looks like it alright, I suspect Pocket Planes being the culprit, but I'm not 100% sure.

Did as you suggested yesterday, and at the moment I'm at 6 hours usage, 1 day standby, and 21% remaining - which isn't too bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Looks like it alright, I suspect Pocket Planes being the culprit, but I'm not 100% sure.

Did as you suggested yesterday, and at the moment I'm at 6 hours usage, 1 day standby, and 21% remaining - which isn't too bad at all.

Yep, sounds good.

Advertisement