Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence renewal

Options
  • 01-11-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

applied for my firearms Licence renewal 3 months ago and current Licence expired 31/10/2012 and i havent recieved anything in post, should i have recieved notification by now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

I'm in the same boat.
    Two weeks before the expiry date went to local garda station and was told "everyone is in the same situation with the renewals, don't worry about it, you should be getting it soon, if it expires before you get just have your expired licence with you" he said and gave his name and badge No for reference if i'll be stopped some evening.
    It has been 3 days since licence expired at this stage still nothing...
    Look it, sure, whats new here...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I applied for mine 4 weeks ago as mine also expired on 31/10/12
    I recieved my grant notice letters 2 days ago.
    You should give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

i got my 2 first grant letter over a month ago. and at the same time i handed in a one for a restricted pistol and i rang them today and the ans i got is its on the C.S desk. was told to ring monday and they mite of had got round to looking at it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

zlezlius wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat.
    Two weeks before the expiry date went to local garda station and was told "everyone is in the same situation with the renewals, don't worry about it, you should be getting it soon, if it expires before you get just have your expired licence with you" he said and gave his name and badge No for reference if i'll be stopped some evening.
    It has been 3 days since licence expired at this stage still nothing...
    Look it, sure, whats new here...:rolleyes:

3 years ago was in same position and didnt recieve grant notice for over a month from licence expiry date, seems nothing has changed and to expect same ole same ole.

Advertisement