Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox broken :(

Options
  • 01-11-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

So a bad thing happened..something that is a nightmare to all us gamers. My console is broken:(

Its in the third ring of red eye which I gather means its shagged... So what I wanna know is there anywhere in Tipp/Limerick that I can get it fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

Have a look there and see what your error is. How long you had it? If you cal microsoft they may replace it, otherwise it's probably better/only slightly more expensive to get a new one. From what I've hard any third party console repairs never really last.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Its ring three so its software malfunctions. I've had it a long time now, actually its my second one. I'll probably be looking for a new one.

Actually gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Its ring three so its software malfunctions.

Software malfunction? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

I'm guessing software malfunction is better than hardware anyway, did you plug it out while it was updating or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Julez wrote: »
    I'm guessing software malfunction is better than hardware anyway, did you plug it out while it was updating or anything?

No never. It began to freeze mid-game quite often but I presumed it was the game. Then 3 rings:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

send it off to Microsoft, say it's the 3 Red rings of Death, nothing else. My console was fecked a while back and it wasn't even e74 or RROD, they have so many consoles to replace, they don't even check.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

same thing happened to me earlier, i was playing fifa (which i just bought yesterday) and it started to freeze, now its the dreaded 3 red rings of death :(

does anyone know how much it costs to fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Jaysus lads if I was still doing this I'd be cleaning up right about now :pac:

As far as I know you wont get it fixed properly in Limerick
    Plenty of people willing to take your money but I dont know of anyone either willing or has the expertise to do the job properly anymore.

http://www.consolepros.ie/xbox-360/xbox-360-rrod-reball-repai/

Get this repair done,
    Also this guy I linked to really knows his stuff
    only problem is he is in dublin but I think he does a free delivery and collection ???

I really think a sticky should be made in the playstation and xbox forum about reballing and reflowing to stop people from getting ripped off by dodgy repairmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

3 red lights is hardware, not software. It's either the console or power supply that's gone. There's a 3 year warranty on 3 red light consoles, so phone up support and check the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

my warranty is well gone, i bought it in 2006

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

gambit83 wrote: »
    my warranty is well gone, i bought it in 2006

since it's 6 years i'd say be happy you got this long out of it and move on.You could probably get a newer second hand one on adverts for a little bit more than the price of a repair.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    since it's 6 years i'd say be happy you got this long out of it and move on.

The legacy of modern gen consoles :)

Now, off to play my 25 year old PC Engine...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

No never. It began to freeze mid-game quite often but I presumed it was the game. Then 3 rings:(

If it is three red lights, it would indicate a hardware issue with the console. Do you get any error message on screen like E74 or E81?

In regards to third party repairs, Microsoft is the only authorized option to repair your console. A third party repair may work but also could flag your console as internally modified and result in action being taken against the console. It would also void the console from future authorized repairs through Microsoft.

6 years is a solid run, you may pick up a good deal on a second hand 360 S model in your local gaming retailer.

Thecon21 wrote: »
    In regards to third party repairs, Microsoft is the only authorized option to repair your console. A third party repair may work but also could flag your console as internally modified and result in action being taken against the console.

A repair won't result in action being taken, modifying the dvd drive firmware would & other such modifications, but a repair? Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Thecon21 wrote: »

If it is three red lights, it would indicate a hardware issue with the console. Do you get any error message on screen like E74 or E81?

In regards to third party repairs, Microsoft is the only authorized option to repair your console. A third party repair may work but also could flag your console as internally modified and result in action being taken against the console.It would also void the console from future authorized repairs through Microsoft.

6 years is a solid run, you may pick up a good deal on a second hand 360 S model in your local gaming retailer.

Since when did the Xbox become self-aware? In all my time repairing Xboxs I've never come across "action being taken" against the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

justryan wrote: »
    Since when did the Xbox become self-aware? In all my time repairing Xboxs I've never come across "action being taken" against the console.

Sorry, should have made this clearer. I just meant if the Xbox needed a repair in the future, sometimes these self repairs can cause a bit of a hassle..

Sorry for the confusion! :)

Advertisement