Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AW139 lands in Dun Laoghaire harbour

• 01-11-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭

AW139 just arrived low and at speed into Dun Laoghaire harbour and put down on the now levelled Carlisle Pier and met a couple of fire appliances and what looks like Coast Guard 4x4 wagons. No idea what for, but from a distance there appears to be a double ranked guard of honour of either firemen or lifeboat men in high vis operational suits at the starboard door.

Probably an unremarkable enough event, but I cant recall the last time I saw an IAC chopper put down and switch off in the harbour, could be back in the old Alouette doing a demo days.....

PS Edit: Now that I think of it, theres a tri-mast tall ship tied up at the east pier flying a British civil ensign, maybe its some sort of courtesy ceremony

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

Dun Laoghaire Civil defence unit where getting shown around the chopper and a talk on its operations, DL civil defence unit are AFS,Casualty and water rescue so that would explain the fire appliance and the jeeps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

An AW139 also paid a another visit relatively recently and landed there to allow DL Lifeboat station crew a look over and a discussion with them.

Don't tell CIL or they'll get jealous of all these heli ops within the harbour ;)

Advertisement