Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday insurance AFTER Departure

Options
  • 01-11-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Not sure which where I should be posting this so here goes

My mam has just rang me in a panic coz my brother has gone off to Abu Dhabi this morning for the next week and she doesn;t think that he has travel insurance-any idea where we can get insurance for him now that he's departed??

(You'd think he'd know better with a wife and two kids at home and almost 38 years of age-btw his friend has paid for his flights so that's why it didn;t come up when booking)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I can understand the need for travel insurance in most cases but Abu Dhabi isn't exactly the jungles of New Guinea, why the panic? It's a highly developed city with low crime and excellent medical facilities and if he's only going for a week I'm not sure I'd bother with insurance, even to cover flight delays as the flights in and out of the UAE are all scheduled and they don't get severe weather.

Just make sure he doesn't go driving SUVs in the desert dunes, that's probably the biggest risk for a tourist in that part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I'd disagree with the above poster, to an extent. Travel insurance is handy if there's even some more minor issues than that. Things can always go wrong and it's better safe than sorry

Think I've got insurance with this site: http://www.multitrip.com/ie/

Haven't had to avail of a claim, thankfully, but always handy to be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Many thanks for the replies-it turns out that he has insurance.

Jev/N-tried Multi trip-you can't buy insurance with them or most insurers after you have departed (he left this morning)

coylemj-while the risk is very very low of anything going wrong-the financial consequences of something going wrong are horrendous-so thats why my mother was in such a panic!

Again many thanks for replies!

Advertisement