Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 6.0.1 released

• 01-11-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

About time. Hopefully it will mean an end to the constant workarounds to get wifi and the app store working properly (for me, before someone tells me it's not a problem because only some people have it).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

B977K.png

No mention of a fix for the sound and wifi drops unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just about to post this. Curious to see if it brings any wifi fixes which seems to he my main issue. Improved battery would be nice too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

finally, thank christ!
    really hope this fixes the wi-fi crapiness,
    its been driving me mad :mad:
    just about to download...

My issue is WiFi range went to **** after the iOS 6 update. It only mentions fixes related to security keys in the update log. Don't think this update will help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

983 mb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

DubDJ wrote: »
    My issue is WiFi range went to **** after the iOS 6 update. It only mentions fixes related to security keys in the update log. Don't think this update will help.

If this only effects the iPhone 5 I'll be annoyed!

My range went to **** and wifi drops (have to manually reconnect) every few minutes on my iPad and iPhone 4. Seriously pissing me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

dubmick wrote: »
    983 mb!

It's way, way smaller if you download it directly onto the iDevice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I'm having the same problem on my 4S but I haven't updated anything. Must be a problem with the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I was having serious grief with connecting to iTunes Store over wifi on IOS6.on my iphone 4.

I just updated latest software and problem is solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

I am having the same problem on my ipad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Auto Brightness seems to work again on my iPod Touch (4th Gen)

1ZRed wrote: »
    If this only effects the iPhone 5 I'll be annoyed!

My range went to **** and wifi drops (have to manually reconnect) every few minutes on my iPad and iPhone 4. Seriously pissing me off

Nope it was on my iPhone 4 that I initially had the problem and now my iPhone 5 still has the same range problems. Just not as strong as before and although it's not a drastic change, its still noticeable when i'm downstairs now and have to walk around trying to get it to reconnect.

Also people having the problem with apps crashing, although it sounds obvious, try turning the iPhone off and on again. It often solves problems for me with apps crashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

what i love is on my phone it says that i need to install a fix 1st to allow me to update wirelessly...but i must connect to mac physically

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

what i love is on my phone it says that i need to install a fix 1st to allow me to update wirelessly...but i must connect to mac physically

Go into 'Learn More' and you can download the Patch on the iPhone. It installs like an app. Open the updater app and it will let you download the update to 6.0.1 and after it installs the patch app is gone.

Thats how it worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yay it turned off iTunes Match!

Now I have to download all of my music again!

Looks like the dropping wifi issue is fixed :) (I've a 4S)
    Been online now for last 30 mins and its the longest without dropping or disconnecting for last few weeks where the connection wouldn't last for more than a few minutes.
    I hadn't noticed an issue with my wifi range so I can't comment on that side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

I had the i phone 4 and was working perfectly. Then I downloaded the IOS6 and the phone went to ****. Very slow, brutal wifi etc. That's when I decided to upgrade to the I phone 5. It was fine at the start, but in the last few weeks I find that wifi is crap, i messages don't send half the time...will this update fix all that? Can i do it manually on my I hpone or do I need to connect it to i tunes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

i had no probs with wifi on my iphone 5 but just udgraded to 6.0.1 to be up to date and now my mobile internet is won't connect , i can only use the internet via wifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

i had no probs with wifi on my iphone 5 but just udgraded to 6.0.1 to be up to date and now my mobile internet is won't connect , i can only use the internet via wifi

Same problem with my 4s.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

duchalla wrote: »

Same problem with my 4s.

Initially was the same for me. Try turning off cellular in settings and then turning it back on again. Seems to do it for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Initially was the same for me. Try turning off cellular in settings and then turning it back on again. Seems to do it for me anyway

cheers dude did that , and turned off wifi setting also , so the 3g came up and now its working

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

Worked for me, Cheers for that buddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

App Store still crashes when I try to look at Purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

naasrd wrote: »
    App Store still crashes when I try to look at Purchased.

I still can't connect to the update tab of the app store when connected to wifi. I've tried restoring, power cycling both the router and the iPhone, 'forgetting' the network, entering the network manually, and none of them work for longer than a few hours. After that I can't connect again.

But if I turn off wifi I can connect immediately. I'm really loving Apple right now.

Just checked on both an iPhone 5 and iPad (3rd gen) and the App store is working perfect for me. 'Updates' and 'Purchased' tabs. Both devices are connected to WiFi and running 6.0.1 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I had to uninstall and reinstall the Sky Go app since the update on the iPad (3).

Works again now but was fooked after the update.

App Store was a bit trippy, too.

Advertisement