Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 6.0.1 released

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

naasrd wrote: »
    App Store still crashes when I try to look at Purchased.

Have you done a hard reset ? Has your AppleID been accepted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

I find download an app from the App Store dog slow. But if I pause the app midway then start it again it flies along having this problem with 6.0 and 6.0.1

I'm getting download speeds of 40meg on upc 100meg line so I'm not sure. What is the best speed you can get from the iPhone 5

I get super fast downloads of new apps. The problem is probably to do with your router, or it's setup or the setup of your wifi on the iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

naasrd wrote: »
    App Store still crashes when I try to look at Purchased.
    Haven't heard of this problem but try a restore on iTunes and if your still getting the same problem then email apple and I'm sure they'll have a solution www.apple.com/support

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Piliger wrote: »
    I get super fast downloads of new apps. The problem is probably to do with your router, or it's setup or the setup of your wifi on the iPhone.

Like I said I'm getting 40meg download on the speed test app. Browsing is also super fast but the App Store is so slow could take minutes to download apps.
    Other then that no problems at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Haven't heard of this problem but try a restore on iTunes and if your still getting the same problem then email apple and I'm sure they'll have a solution www.apple.com/support

I've tried all of those suggestions (and plenty more) prior to contacting Apple who told me that my hardware is at fault even though I can replicate it on my 4, and also a 4S and 5 (and notwithstanding that a friend has the same issue and had his phone replaced by the Apple store in Belfast. The first replacement didn't work, the second did. The only difference is the second replacement had iOS 5) The problem is in the interaction with my router (Netgear DGN 1000) as when I disable wifi and connect using 3g there are no issues. Prior to iOS 6 it worked flawlessly.

The most constructive thing Apple had to say to me was that I should buy a new router (which brings with it the possibility of the new router having a similar problem). Since I'm not inclined to spend money to replace a router that iOS 6 seems to have difficulties with, I discounted that.

Despite the fact that each of the devices developed the problem immediately after upgrading to iOS 6, they tried to convince me that I had either done something wrong in the update, gotten a corrupted download or my iPhone(s) were at fault. Oh, and they also mentioned that they don't accept that the issue exists in the first place. Despite there being threads with thousands and thousands of reports of similar issues on Apple forums. This customer feels well and truly serviced.

In short, they might fix it, but they'll do it in their own time and without acknowledging that they caused the problem. Pretty poor, but not that unexpected. I had been intending to upgrade to the iPhone 5, but what's the point in spending all that money until the problem's fixed?

I don't see any problem with iOS6.0.1 that needs to be fixed on this topic. Some kind of router problem or setup problem or software error along the way. Do a complete fresh install and instal as a new device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

brophs wrote: »

I've tried all of those suggestions (and plenty more) prior to contacting Apple who told me that my hardware is at fault even though I can replicate it on my 4, and also a 4S and 5 (and notwithstanding that a friend has the same issue and had his phone replaced by the Apple store in Belfast. The first replacement didn't work, the second did. The only difference is the second replacement had iOS 5) The problem is in the interaction with my router (Netgear DGN 1000) as when I disable wifi and connect using 3g there are no issues. Prior to iOS 6 it worked flawlessly.

The most constructive thing Apple had to say to me was that I should buy a new router (which brings with it the possibility of the new router having a similar problem). Since I'm not inclined to spend money to replace a router that iOS 6 seems to have difficulties with, I discounted that.

Despite the fact that each of the devices developed the problem immediately after upgrading to iOS 6, they tried to convince me that I had either done something wrong in the update, gotten a corrupted download or my iPhone(s) were at fault. Oh, and they also mentioned that they don't accept that the issue exists in the first place. Despite there being threads with thousands and thousands of reports of similar issues on Apple forums. This customer feels well and truly serviced.

In short, they might fix it, but they'll do it in their own time and without acknowledging that they caused the problem. Pretty poor, but not that unexpected. I had been intending to upgrade to the iPhone 5, but what's the point in spending all that money until the problem's fixed?
    I have the same router and had some problems with iOS 5 where wifi wouldn't reconnect. Anyway to sort it I forgot the wifi connection and then added it manually on the iPhone.

Go to wifi and tap other and enter the SSID, it's probably netgear and then the password and save it. Haven't a had any issues since then and the App Store flies aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I keep losing 3G with it. Even when I have 3G it's telling me that it doesn't have a cellular network.

I don't see any problem with iOS6.0.1 that needs to be fixed on this topic. Some kind of router problem or setup problem or software error along the way. Do a complete fresh install and instal as a new device.
    guil wrote: »
    I have the same router and had some problems with iOS 5 where wifi wouldn't reconnect. Anyway to sort it I forgot the wifi connection and then added it manually on the iPhone.

Go to wifi and tap other and enter the SSID, it's probably netgear and then the password and save it. Haven't a had any issues since then and the App Store flies aswell

As I've said, I've done every troubleshooting step available to me and suggested by Apple. I've power cycled both the phones and the router. I've downgraded the router software and then upgraded it to the latest version which I already had. I've restored the phones both as new and restored phones. I've 'forgotten' the network and entered the SSID manually. Some of the solutions work in the short term, none of them last more than a few hours.

It's not a difficult one to figure out. My router worked perfectly fine with any device before the upgrade to iOS 6. The has been no router changes/software upgrades etc. Now the devices I've tried using iOS 6 don't work properly. The devices using iOS 5 work fine.

I understand that people who don't have the problem will be dismissive and pass it off as my issue, but it's quite obviously an issue of Apple's making, however it came about, and so far they've proven to be incapable of fixing it. Or allowing me to downgrade to iOS 5.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Shane732 wrote: »
    I keep losing 3G with it. Even when I have 3G it's telling me that it doesn't have a cellular network.
    I've started to notice the exact same issue. Several times on my commute in the last few days TuneIn has failed to get any stations, and other apps like WhatsApp haven't worked. Sometimes 3G is still displayed, other times it disappears.

I've really regretting this update now.

That said, Vodafone have had data coverage issues recently. Network issue?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

iphone 4 and after update it was sound, but now after 2 days its up the usual wifi dropping. VERY frustrating!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No problems here. Although Apple really need to do something about iTunes Match. No way to delete or download individual songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Is anyone else's notifications not working at all or at least not consistently with all apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Dades wrote: »
    I've started to notice the exact same issue. Several times on my commute in the last few days TuneIn has failed to get any stations, and other apps like WhatsApp haven't worked. Sometimes 3G is still displayed, other times it disappears.

Think this could be a network issue as vodafone and Three are having problems with the 3G in the past few days.

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Think this could be a network issue as vodafone and Three are having problems with the 3G in the past few days.

Indeed. Blaming the device for everything is nutty. 3G is notoriously inconsistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

Going by think thread I think I'll hold a out a few more days before updating d'iphone/pad, I don't have any issues that needs fixing with either currently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Havent had any problems myself but have had occasional issues with the TuneIn app even over wifi. Wondering if its an issue with the app. There has been alot of updates for it lately.

Indeed. Blaming the device for everything is nutty. 3G is notoriously inconsistent.
    My 3G has always been steady as a rock. I'm not writing off a network issue (there have been declared problems recently), but my problems started with iOS 6 and haven't got any better with iOS 6.0.1.

My 3G has always been steady as a rock. I'm not writing off a network issue (there have been declared problems recently), but my problems started with iOS 6 and haven't got any better with iOS 6.0.1.

Think. This does not mean it is an iOS6 issue. It may well be an issue caused by the provider(s) and their compatibility software. Comms software needs both sides to work properly and in most mobile phone comms problems over the last 5 years, it has turned out to be carriers who have screwed up with their software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I haven't upgraded to 6.0 yet. Do I have to download and install 6.0 first, or is it included in 6.0.1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I haven't upgraded to 6.0 yet. Do I have to download and install 6.0 first, or is it included in 6.0.1?

Nope you'll download 6.0.1 directly. It'll just skip over the original version.

Think. This does not mean it is an iOS6 issue.
    Read.
    I'm not writing off a network issue (there have been declared problems recently)
    We're both speculating here. And thinking. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Did anyone update their Iphone 3gs yet? How does it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Paxmanwithinfo

As with other posters.

My set-up is an iPhone 5, the latest iOS 6.01 and my carrier is o2 (not VF).

3G is terrible on my commute (compared to my iPhone 4 and previous OSs on the same commute) and I cannot listen to any of the radio apps as they buffer almost constantly. I also have intermittent problems accessng iTunes and App Store.

Perhaps it is a carrier issue?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

As with other posters.

My set-up is an iPhone 5, the latest iOS 6.01 and my carrier is o2 (not VF).

3G is terrible on my commute (compared to my iPhone 4 and previous OSs on the same commute) and I cannot listen to any of the radio apps as they buffer almost constantly. I also have intermittent problems accessng iTunes and App Store.

Possibly. That's one of the reasons I moved from O2

If it is, it's with more than one carrier.

brophs wrote: »
    As I've said, I've done every troubleshooting step available to me and suggested by Apple. I've power cycled both the phones and the router. I've downgraded the router software and then upgraded it to the latest version which I already had. I've restored the phones both as new and restored phones. I've 'forgotten' the network and entered the SSID manually. Some of the solutions work in the short term, none of them last more than a few hours.

It's not a difficult one to figure out. My router worked perfectly fine with any device before the upgrade to iOS 6. The has been no router changes/software upgrades etc. Now the devices I've tried using iOS 6 don't work properly. The devices using iOS 5 work fine.

I understand that people who don't have the problem will be dismissive and pass it off as my issue, but it's quite obviously an issue of Apple's making, however it came about, and so far they've proven to be incapable of fixing it. Or allowing me to downgrade to iOS 5.

I think I've found a solution, though it's not ideal. For whatever reason iOS 6.0.1 still refuses to play nice with WPA2-PSK, so I changed it to WEP in my router and it seems to be working now. Apple mentioned sorting WPA2-PSK in the release notes, but not for the iPhone 4, which I have. Hopefully it's sorted in 6.1.

Perhaps that will help someone else.

Advertisement