Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to airport.

Options
  • 01-11-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I have to pick up a friend today from Airport, I was wondering what's the best way to drive from City centre to airport? Also I need like a spot in airport where I can stand (in car) and when get call from friend get as close as possible to terminal, let him hop in and drive off. I don't see point in paying for parking in this case, so what would be my best option?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What I do is wait in the OMNI shopping centre car park until my friend tells me they have arrived, then I get them to go to the departures entrance and I sweep into the set down area and pick them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

spurious wrote: »
    What I do is wait in the OMNI shopping centre car park until my friend tells me they have arrived, then I get them to go to the departures entrance and I sweep into the set down area and pick them up.

This or one of the airport hotels is the way to go. Airport police have gotten much stricter about people lingering in the drop off area at departures in recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Unfortunetely I didn't get any replies by the time I left home, so I ended up being in bunch with those who are at departure drop off area. jesus it seemed like a queue in super market.

Advertisement