Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eircom Log In Problems

Options
  • 01-11-2012 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Just a quick heads up:

I have been unable to reset my password on the My Eircom website. After a week of emails being sent to Eircom they finally admitted it IS their problem.
    We regret that due to a technical fault on the My eircom site we are
    currently unable to reset passwords. The matter is at present being
    investigated by our IT department.

We thank you for your patience at this time.

Please accept my apology of behalf of eircom for the inconvenience this
    may cause you.

Kind regards,
    C

So if you are having the same problem as me, it might not be you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leigh852

Ah that explains it! Iv been trying the same thing the past 2 days and taught I was doing something wrong! Cheers for the update :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

leigh852 wrote: »
    Ah that explains it! Iv been trying the same thing the past 2 days and taught I was doing something wrong! Cheers for the update :)

I did first email Eircom last Saturday, but obviously due to the Bank Holiday Monday and the general lethargy of their IT department it was only this morning (Thursday) that I got the email about the issue.

Let's hope the database has not been hacked eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leigh852

I did first email Eircom last Saturday, but obviously due to the Bank Holiday Monday and the general lethargy of their IT department it was only this morning (Thursday) that I got the email about the issue.

Let's hope the database has not been hacked eh.

That would be the icing on the cake for poor old cash strapped eircom would't it!

leigh852 wrote: »
    That would be the icing on the cake for poor old cash strapped eircom would't it!

Not good for any business (small or large) in the 21st century to have a website customer section unavailable since at least Saturday.

I was trying to pay my phone/broadband bill, but lucky enough had an email with the amount due, so could make a payment via my bank without having to log in.

Friday morning, 2nd November 2012:

Still unable to log in to My Eircom, now 6 days since I first noticed the issue with your website.

Any updates Eircom on when the My Eircom log in issue will be resolved, can't be good for your customer image?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Friday morning, 2nd November 2012:

Still unable to log in to My Eircom, now 6 days since I first noticed the issue with your website.

Any updates Eircom on when the My Eircom log in issue will be resolved, can't be good for your customer image?

Hi LifeBeginsAt40

This issue has been logged with our I.T department, they are currently investigating this and it should be resolved soon. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Linda

Hi LifeBeginsAt40

This issue has been logged with our I.T department, they are currently investigating this and it should be resolved soon. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards
    Linda

Tried resetting my password this evening and still getting the error message when I attempt to log back in with new password!

Are you still having problems with My Eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Tried to have my password reset this evening, no luck.

Very poor customer service from Eircom if the issue remains unresolved as appears to be, nearly a week later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Hi LifeBeginsAt40

Regards
    Linda

What is going on its been 3 days since i started logging in and was told it would be 48hours and it would be sorted. i still cant log in. all i want to do is download a full copy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

Having the same problems here, I'm trying to check how much I owe on my bill and haven't been able to log in all week, this is the exact reason I left Vodafone, crappy unreliable website...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭dubred

Also having this problem, would like to pay the bill as it was due last Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi dubred

We have identified the issue with the "my eircom" service and our IT department should have it resolved in the next few days. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you would like to pay your bill please free phone 1901 where a member of our accounts team can process your payment.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I have had my password reset and still the new one will not allow me to connect.

Surely if there is a known problem the password should not have been reset by Eircom and I should have received a note explaining what is going on!

Seems to be a situation of not knowing what they are doing!

I guess I should not expect anything better ....

I have had my password reset and still the new one will not allow me to connect.

Surely if there is a known problem the password should not have been reset by Eircom and I should have received a note explaining what is going on!

Seems to be a situation of not knowing what they are doing!

I guess I should not expect anything better ....

I received an email a week later after I contacted My Eircom online. They should have posted a banner on the My Eircom website explaining there is a problem. Rather than saying nothing and sticking their heads in the sand.

I have been unable to login to My Eircom for nearly 2 weeks now!!

Crappy customer service = more future job losses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i too cannot log in to eircom online, i am also trying to pay a bill, i tried ringing 1901 but i get a message they are closed.

i guess eircom don't want us paying bills! :p

i reset my password and i am using the exact same details emailed to me by eircom and they won't let me log in even though they are the right details

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i too cannot log in to eircom online, i am also trying to pay a bill, i tried ringing 1901 but i get a message they are closed.

i guess eircom don't want us paying bills! :p

i reset my password and i am using the exact same details emailed to me by eircom and they won't let me log in even though they are the right details

That's the login / password issue that has now been ongoing for OVER 2 weeks.
    Can we have an ACCURATE update Eircom on the situation for those of us who cannot login to My Eircom?

Hi LifeBeginsAt40

Regards
    Linda

So here we are 15 days after the login issue first started. Any update please?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Tried again today ...... issue continues ..... no access ..... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

facing this problem since at last early last week, have reset password twice, most recently this morning, still getting the error. WHY ARE EIRCOM NOT PUTTING A NOTICE ON THE WEB PAGE TO LET US KNOW THERE IS AN ISSUE???

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    facing this problem since at last early last week, have reset password twice, most recently this morning, still getting the error. WHY ARE EIRCOM NOT PUTTING A NOTICE ON THE WEB PAGE TO LET US KNOW THERE IS AN ISSUE???

Because no one has the balls at Eircom to admit they have a problem. I first emailed My Eircom customer support around the 31st October to report the password reset did not work and I was locked out of my account.

I received an email a week later explaining they had noticed the error and were working on it.

The only way to make Eircom take any notice is to change supplier when your contract is up. I'm going to be doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I received an email a week later after I contacted My Eircom online. They should have posted a banner on the My Eircom website explaining there is a problem. Rather than saying nothing and sticking their heads in the sand.

I have been unable to login to My Eircom for nearly 2 weeks now!!

Crappy customer service = more future job losses.
    Hi LifeBeginsAt40
    Yes two weeks is far too long and we are still working to resolve the issue, I hope to have final update on this soon.
    Again our apologies for this inconvenience.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Hi LifeBeginsAt40
    Yes two weeks is far too long and we are still working to resolve the issue, I hope to have final update on this soon.
    Tony

Tony what do we do to pay bills in the meantime? i am not going to make it to the post office this week, and i am not giving my details over the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

Hi LifeBeginsAt40
    Tony
    hoodwinked wrote: »
    Tony what do we do to pay bills in the meantime? i am not going to make it to the post office this week, and i am not giving my details over the phone!

Yes, likewise I am trying to pay a bill but can't as I can't sign into myeircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

same probs here - it's been 2 weeks, and I haven't even got a reply from the customer service at all (that's despite them saying they'd contact me within 48 hours). Would a quick update on their website really be too much to ask?

Not impressed - bet they'd be very quick on my case if I forgot to pay the bill...(which I almost did - "luckily" I also get paper bills...)

galah wrote: »
    same probs here - it's been 2 weeks, and I haven't even got a reply from the customer service at all (that's despite them saying they'd contact me within 48 hours). Would a quick update on their website really be too much to ask?

Not impressed - bet they'd be very quick on my case if I forgot to pay the bill...(which I almost did - "luckily" I also get paper bills...)

Hi galah
    I have passed on your suggestion, this would certainly help..I am afraid that we do not have specific information on the My eircom issue at this time, though you should certainly have been contacted by customer service as promised.
    We will post any developments to our forums here..
    Again our apologies for disruption in this service.
    Tony

Hi galah
    I have passed on your suggestion, this would certainly help..I am afraid that we do not have specific information on the My eircom issue at this time, though you should certainly have been contacted by customer service as promised.
    We will post any developments to our forums here..
    Again our apologies for disruption in this service.
    Tony

I would suggest in the interest of retaining customers that an email is SENT NOW to all customers apologising for the My Eircom continuing problems.

An email should then be SENT to all My Eircom customers when resolved. Posting comments on your forum is NOT the way to deal with customers.

Has no one at Eircom attended any form of customer service training?

I would suggest in the interest of retaining customers that an email is SENT NOW to all customers apologising for the My Eircom continuing problems.

An email should then be SENT to all My Eircom customers when resolved. Posting comments on your forum is NOT the way to deal with customers.

Has no one at Eircom attended any form of customer service training?

Hi LifeBeginsAt40
    This is certainly the suggested action, however not all customers are affected by this issue. I would expect that all customers affected by this will be contacted by eircom soon.

For our own part here, we have found that posting any information / updates to Boards.ie or to our own forum can also help to keep customers informed.
    Tony

Hi LifeBeginsAt40
    This is certainly the suggested action, however not all customers are affected by this issue. I would expect that all customers affected by this will be contacted by eircom soon.

For our own part here, we have found that posting any information / updates to Boards.ie or to our own forum can also help to keep customers informed.
    Tony

The things is Tony it was over a week until I received acknowledgement of the problem after contacting My Eircom help desk.

I imagine other people are in the same boat, trying time and time again to reset a password only to be told by the help desk to keep trying to reset. That was certainly the information I was given at first for a week.

I know you cannot comment but I suspect Eircom IT is based far from Ireland and updates are not forthcoming as often as we would all like.

After all, you/Eircom haven't actually told us anything that we all didn't already know.

The problem started for me on the 27th October. I told Eircom that, not the other way around!

I think we both know this has been handled appallingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Come on Eircom for the love of God.....this is gone beyond ridiculous at this point!!

Almost 3 weeks now!!.....first Ulster Bank and now Eircom with their "IT Glitches"!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 koenigcylinders

STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!

Advertisement