Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new trad group in galway

Options
  • 01-11-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

im a 30 year old piano acc player looking to set up a three piece trad group in galway county, preferably south galway or city. looking for a fiddle/flute/pipes etc. im willing to learn tunes and pass on tunes to get sets together.

also of course im looking for a trad guitar player that can sing the usual good songs to get the crowd going!!

im anticiapting that if we got a bit of show together we could look for sit down session gigs or potentially mic'd gigs in time. if this suits anyone let me know,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sandra dunne

hi
    i know some one but he only plays doesent sing
    any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

Trad guitar player here (DADGAD). Also play bouzouki, mando, low whistle & bodhran. Play in a few sessions in the city. Don't sing i'm afraid and have a few years on you but up for it!

PM in interested

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ceatharloch

Come along to The Western Hotel in Galway any Thurs. night - you'll
    find about 20 musicians playing, many of them very good, and I'm sure
    some would be on for forming a group!

Michael

Advertisement