Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found dog

Options
  • 01-11-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Anyone know this terrier?
    He adopted me earlier today! I'm thinking he might have been startled by fireworks and ran away from home. He's in good shape, about a year old and has a collar on but unfortunately no ID. I'm in Grantstown Village.
    He's safe here for the moment although I haven't a clue what to feed him.
    004-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Same happened to us months ago, a gorgeous large dog followed us home and we ended up having him for almost a week. We rang the guards, WLRfm, the vets, put his pic up on facebook, boards and lostandfoundpets.ie, there's also a lost and found pets on facebook. Do everything you can to let people know you have him and some dry food or chicken will be fine to feed him. Depends really, some dogs are fussy, some are'nt. Check him with scraps if you have any.
    Very good of you to take him in. We had major hassle with our guy, he came back to us 3 times. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

He's a lovely little dog, he might be microchipped,give the vets a ring and see will they scan him to get the owners name. If someone contacts you saying it's their dog it'd be worth askin if they have a photo of him to prove it's theirs so you don't get chancers looking for a dog to sell on. 99% of people would have a picture of their pet dog.Fair play for looking after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

madfcuker wrote: »

Thats definetly him!!

What did we ever do without the internet!
    I have messaged the owner on facebook so hopefully he'll be home tonight.

Thanks for helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Hifive wrote: »

Thats definetly him!!

What did we ever do without the internet!
    I have messaged the owner on facebook so hopefully he'll be home tonight.

Thanks for helping.

No problem. Hopefully owner and dog will be reunited soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Nice to read a happy ending!!!

Nice to read a happy ending!!!

(Love that boards name:D)

Anyway Alfie, as his owners facebook page says he is called, is still here!
    alfie001.jpg
    I presume his owner doesnt have a smart phone to alert her to my message.

I borrowed some dry dog food (and some doggy treats:)) from a dog owning friend late tonight so he's sorted for grub. He's a little scamp though, into everything and full of fun.... I think I'm going to miss him:(

We've 4 kids from 4 up to 9 years and I had to bate them up the stairs to bed tonight in spite of them all being exhausted and hopped up on halloween treats, because Alfie wanted to play. He's already wrecked the place and he's only been here a few hours.

I'm sure I'll get Alfie back to his real home tomorrow, but I may have to re-think my no dogs policy!

P.S. hes just eaten one of my shoe laces as I typed this
    alfie003.jpg
    Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Fair play to you for looking after him. He looks a lovely little dog. I have 2 of them myself :). Hopefully the owners get in contact with you soon.
    P.S. tell the owners you want a new pair of laces :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Well done OP, nice to see this kind of thing have a happy ending! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Awww alfie is a lovely little fella. Hes like my chap.
    Fair play to you for minding him and feeding him etc. He looks well happy in the photos.
    You'll end up with a dog in the next few weeks haha.

Friend of mine down the road found some sort of husky dog a few months back. He looked around for the owner and couldnt find it. Bought it down to the pound and the pound said if the owner doesnt come forward in a week (or something like that) that he could keep the dog. He went down the next week and the owners where after turning up.
    Me man got so attached to the husky he now has a baby husky himself haha. Its class how dogs can grow on you.

• Advertisement

Here we go again!!
    OP here again and I've found another lost mutt. This little guy arrived in my back garden (Williamstown area) about an hour ago with her lead still attached, so perhaps she just got away from her owner? Anyway, she's about a year old, very friendly and I'm already hearing a chorus of "Can we keep her dad pleeeease? so if anyone knows her owner PLEASE let me know.
    Mark.
    021.jpg
    023.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Maybe copy the post into the animal & pets forum too, they have a lost and found section.

Kudos to you OP, a nice heartwarming thread, hopefully you'll get a good result for the little guy just like the last one.......or you'll have to give into the kids :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Well done Hifive. Wish there was more caring people like you. Yes she must be very local. If you contact WLR they will put it on their lost and found section.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

I think i might know who owns the dog. I just sent her a message on facebook with a link to here hopefully its the right person

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Hifive, I presume Alfie is back with his owner.

I have only just happened on this thread and happen to know the lady though havent seen her in last few years.

The first dog Alfie, that showed up last year, got home the next day thanks to the facebook link that was put up here.
    The second dog that appeared last Friday I hope is home safe too. At first, she didn't want to go outside but as the day wore on she started to explore, eventually disappearing out through the back fence (into Collins avenue) She arrived back about half an hour later, came in the back door, jumped up on the couch and licked me as if to say thanks, and took off again out through the same fence. She seemed to know where she was going.
    So hopefully she got home safely.
    I still have her lead here. I took it off as she kept getting tangled up in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Thats great. She 'll be paying you a visit now and again so!

Advertisement