Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity Change!

Options
  • 01-11-2012 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

I have just been kind of tricked to change to Airtricity from Bord Gais :mad:

It is kind of my fault. I had a bad day and I wanted to get rid of the sales people at my door so I agreed to change, which was really stupid. When they went to get the meter reading, I realised my mistake and said I wanted to cancel the whole thing. (OK, I'm really tired, my brain functions are dead at the moment. Please don't judge me.) And they just told me no! And I have to call the customer service tomorrow. How hard will it be to cancel this over the phone? Do I have to call Bord Gais back afterwards? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I have just been kind of tricked to change to Airtricity from Bord Gais :mad:

It is kind of my fault. I had a bad day and I wanted to get rid of the sales people at my door so I agreed to change, which was really stupid. When they went to get the meter reading, I realised my mistake and said I wanted to cancel the whole thing. (OK, I'm really tired, my brain functions are dead at the moment. Please don't judge me.) And they just told me no! And I have to call the customer service tomorrow. How hard will it be to cancel this over the phone? Do I have to call Bord Gais back afterwards? Thanks in advance.
    Call Airtricity tomorrow and say you want to cancel the application. You have a cooling off period of about 10 days where they have to cancel your application and your account with BG will basically continue as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Degag wrote: »
    Call Airtricity tomorrow and say you want to cancel the application. You have a cooling off period of about 10 days where they have to cancel your application and your account with BG will basically continue as normal.

Thank you! I called them this morning and cancelled it. After the cancellation, I received an e-mail about my "account"; so I called them up again. I've been told that it takes a working day for the cancellation go through. I'm glad that I don't have to call BG back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

How were you '' tricked to change''?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Thank you! I called them this morning and cancelled it. After the cancellation, I received an e-mail about my "account"; so I called them up again. I've been told that it takes a working day for the cancellation go through. I'm glad that I don't have to call BG back.

Keep a record of all calls and I would call Bord Gais to let them know that you are not changing provider.

Advertisement