Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter Strike GO

• 01-11-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

maybe the wrong forum but this is free on steam for the weekend if people want to try it and its gone to under 10euro now too for the weekend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not like anyone would actually go to the CS forum if they didn't own it already.
    completely burned out on these shooter games, market is saturated with them.

Can't believe people still play CS 1.6 and source religiously to this day, i'd swear some of them need to be sectioned. it's still top5 steam game:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

KilOit wrote: »
    Not like anyone would actually go to the CS forum if they didn't own it already.
    completely burned out on these shooter games, market is saturated with them.

Can't believe people still play CS 1.6 and source religiously to this day, i'd swear some of them need to be sectioned. it's still top5 steam game:eek:

CS is a near perfect team shooter with some great maps. It's hardly surprising people still play it. You can't somehow blame CS for the slew of games that came after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

KilOit wrote: »

That's like saying I can't believe people still play basketball :P
    If you ask me more people should still be playing quakeworld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CS GO is well worth a tenner tbh, cracking game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It's a good game. Steam did a sale recently for Payday: The Heist and Payday is like a ****ty copy of CS:GO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

To celebrate ESWC its actually free to play this weekend.

Thoroughly worth the purchase, I pre-ordered and got it for a tenner, with constant updates and balancing its turning back into the perfect 5v5 shooter it was of old.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Payday the Heist came out before CS GO so its hardly a copy. Its more similar to Left 4 Dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Azza wrote: »
    Payday the Heist came out before CS GO so its hardly a copy. Its more similar to Left 4 Dead.

I said its like a bad copy not an actual copy. My point was that if anyone is playing payday that csgo has similar gameplay but its more polished.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I said its like a bad copy not an actual copy. My point was that if anyone is playing payday that csgo has similar gameplay but its more polished.

Thats a rather bizarre comparison to make, Payday is a (enjoyable, yet limited) horde-based coop shooter - not a team-based tactical shooter like CSGO - a better comparison would be games like Breach, Crossfire or Tactical Ops - all of which are complete ripoffs of CS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Payday is quite enjoyable but it's a wave-based game, can't really compare it to CS.

Haven't played CS in years, might have a crack at this over the weekend for a larf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement