Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension tax relief

Options
  • 01-11-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi, seems a simple question but hard to get a definitive answer. Have made an AVC to my pension and now want to claim the relief. Have been told that I have to do so by the 12th November, anyone know if there is a form I need to send in, or just a letter with verification of payment and my PAYE details. Tried to call tax office today nd had to give up. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

What tax year are you looking to claim it against? 2011 or 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pazza

You have to submit a tax return using the Revenue online service www.ros.ie before November 15th. If you haven't alreadly registered for ROS I'd move quickly as you need to register for the service first and this takes a few days, as passwords are sent to you by post.

Hi Liam, am registered on PAYE anytime, but didn;t see any option to add in AVC pension contribution?

The options I had were:
    PAYE Tax Credt
    Personal Tax Credit
    Health Expenses
    Medical Insurance Relief
    Service Charges relief
    Mortgage Interest relief
    Blind Persons Tax Credit
    Etc.

This has been my problem, to understand how as a PAYE worked and completing PAYE anytime (online) I can claim relief for the AVC contribution I made to my pension...whether I have a form to fill etc. The website is no use (in helping me) and have tried to call tax office (Open from 13:30 to 17:00, and couldn;t get through yesterday)....thanks

• Advertisement

Sorry - because I'm self-employed I'm not familiar with using the PAYE online service. The full tax return form is the Form 12 and I know you can use that to claim AVCs but when you search for "Form 12" on the Revenue website it only brings up a PDF form. This presumably is no good because your submission has to be online to qualify for the extended deadline, after October 31st.

Anyone else here on Boards able to help?

Hi Liam - thanks for trying, I have been able to source very little help on this...

Advertisement