Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Everywhere is coming to Ireland.

Options
  • 01-11-2012 9:56pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was talking to a guy from Everything Everywhere today. He was talking to people about EE's service and looking for feedback on it. I can't give a lot of information as everything he had was all based on the UK service(prices, bundles, packages etc) and there was nothing specific to Ireland. There was even information about their fibre roll out plans but the speeds were 76Mbps so looks like that is based on BT's UK network which obviously won't be applicable here.

He said they were going to start roll out here in Dublin at the beginning of next year. Then moving onto to other cities (Cork, Limerick, Galway etc). The weird thing is that I was talking to him in Sligo which I doubt is at the top of the list of roll out locations so it could indicate a fairly aggressive roll out.

He couldn't even tell me if they had a 4G licence here yet, I'm not even sure if the licences have been up for auction yet. So, not much information available but it's interesting to see they are interested in the Irish market.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

He couldn't even tell me if they had a 4G licence here yet, I'm not even sure if the licences have been up for auction yet. So, not much information available but it's interesting to see they are interested in the Irish market.

No operators here have a license here yet..

The process is still little up in the air too IIRC.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No operators here have a license here yet..

The process is still little up in the air too IIRC.

I thought as much. Given that, the time frame seems optimistic at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

He maybe getting mixed up. Sky and BT are rolling out sky broadband here shortly with there own fibre optic lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Even if EE came over here, I understand that our 4G LTE network auction is hampered from the start because the govt are auctioning off narrower blocks of bandwidth than they have in the UK.. trying to find the source on this but I believe it was the megathread in the Broadband forum in relation to Eircom's fibreoptic rollout. Generally it means that the chances of getting anywhere near the maximum speeds on our future LTE network are even worse than the UK equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

here's comreg's page on 2g and 3g licenses
    http://www.comreg.ie/radio_spectrum/search.541.874.10003.0.rslicensing.html

no sign of EE

• Advertisement
Advertisement