Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enlarger Medium Format Required

Options
  • 01-11-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey guys.

I'm just wondering, and I know its a long shot, but has anyone heard of or come across or do they own a medium format enlarger that they might be willing to part with?
    Ive heard horror stories of people who've strapped them for cash and Im thinking, maybe someone has one lying around, doesnt have to be in great condition or anything just long as its 99% functional.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Edg3 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

I'm just wondering, and I know its a long shot, but has anyone heard of or come across or do they own a medium format enlarger that they might be willing to part with?
    Ive heard horror stories of people who've strapped them for cash and Im thinking, maybe someone has one lying around, doesnt have to be in great condition or anything just long as its 99% functional.

They pop up on adverts every now and again, though they tend to go for a much higher premium than straight 35mm enlargers. Less of them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Aye Ive been watching adverts on and off (when i think of it) but i never see one. I already have a 35mm enlarger at my disposal so medium would be great.
    Been even looking on mainland europe, found a few but the shipping costs a fortune, big bastard heavy things they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Been even looking on mainland europe, found a few but the shipping costs a fortune, big bastard heavy things they are.

Yeah that's the problem with them. Check ebay.ie as well if you have access to a car, collection is probably the best way to go if you want to get one reasonably cheaply.

I have transport and I could pick up long as its not 100 miles away. Id pay a delivery company in ireland but comes from across sees your pretty much screwed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Where are you located?

There are options available but not knowing where you are makes it difficult.

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »
    Where are you located?

There are options available but not knowing where you are makes it difficult.

Currently Im in Drogheda but Im up and down to Dublin most days for college.

Im going to join the Gallery of Photography in the city to get access to their dark room but I was hoping to get my own up and running so I didnt have to keep going up and down to the city on my days off to print, ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

Currently Im in Drogheda but Im up and down to Dublin most days for college.

Im going to join the Gallery of Photography in the city to get access to their dark room but I was hoping to get my own up and running so I didnt have to keep going up and down to the city on my days off to print, ya know.

A search on adverts threw this up:

http://www.adverts.ie/other-photography/opemus-7-6x7-6x6-6x4-5-35mm-medium-format-enlarger-80mm-f-4-lens/2244206

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭thefizz

I have a Durst M605 for sale. Pm me if interested.

chisel wrote: »

Yeah i seen that but its kinda out of my price range unfortunately :(

Actually meant to ask for a Large Format not a Medium Format, was my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Phone John Gunns Camera shop, they are very good at picking up used darkroom gear and will probably be happy to call you if they source one.

I actually do have to go out to him this week anyway so I might ask him. Never thought of it.

Advertisement