Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP prices, recommendations please

Options
  • 01-11-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Have been going to the same gp for about 9 years and lately I feel its all about the money. 50e for consult, sent for bloods 20e, called for results 30e. So for one illness it has cost me 100e!! Needed a note and they charged me 10e!!!!

Tbh Im not even happy with the doctor atm and after being charged like that so really want to change. Anywhere around mayfield, ballyvolane, st lukes, glanmire would suit me, Id even go a little further if they are good. Ill also be changing my baby over so they also need to be good with kids. So any recommendations for a good female gp who doesnt cost a fortune, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Not living in that area, so no recommendations, but that is a disgrace. I only get charged for the consultation fee when getting bloods done. I have heard about this though alright, just trying to milk everyone, they say your health is your wealth, but in Ireland you only have your health if your wealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Anywhere around mayfield, ballyvolane, st lukes, glanmire would suit me, Id even go a little further if they are good. Ill also be changing my baby over so they also need to be good with kids. So any recommendations for a good female gp who doesnt cost a fortune, thanks.

There is a female GP in the newly renovated place in Mayfield beside the also newly renovated Pharmacy.
    They're both near Our Lady Crowned Church ( the big grey one ) and are part of the mini shopping centre; so plenty of parking.

As regards to prices and what not I've no idea, haven't been to a GP in many years

My mother switched over recently and said the waiting times were minimal and patients dealt with very quickly.
    But compared to the one Hollyhill she used to go to, only A&E could be comparable in waiting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

My GP is Dr. Donal Kenefick and has been since I was a baby, his daughter is also working out of the same clinic, her name is Emma. Often I've called into the doctor on a follow up and he hasn't charged me, just for the initial visit which is 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I find Noel o Regan in ballyvolane brilliant. By any chance is your doctor in Blackpool behind the church

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My girlfriend's doctor is a female doctor on Shandon Street, she (the doctor) is apparently lovely, and doesn't charge the earth.

I can't think of her name right now though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Registered Users Posts: 8 royston1

Dr Emma Kenefic in Riverstown Glanmire 0214821346,shes also has a surgery on 5 Cahergal Terrace Old Youghal Road 0214506435,shes young,lovely personality & fare on price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Have been going to the same gp for about 9 years and lately I feel its all about the money. 50e for consult, sent for bloods 20e, called for results 30e. So for one illness it has cost me 100e!! Needed a note and they charged me 10e!!!!

Were those all one consult? I have been charged 50 euro for consult, and 20 euro for bloods two weeks later, but not together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Thanks for the recommendations I will definitely be checking those people out, thanks.

There is a female GP in the newly renovated place in Mayfield beside the also newly renovated Pharmacy.
    They're both near Our Lady Crowned Church ( the big grey one ) and are part of the mini shopping centre; so plenty of parking.

As regards to prices and what not I've no idea, haven't been to a GP in many years

My mother switched over recently and said the waiting times were minimal and patients dealt with very quickly.
    But compared to the one Hollyhill she used to go to, only A&E could be comparable in waiting times.
    Yes I know about that surgery but I dont know anyone who attends the female doctor in the surgery, so I dont know what she is like. Has your mother changed to that surgery?
    corkgsxr wrote: »
    I find Noel o Regan in ballyvolane brilliant. By any chance is your doctor in Blackpool behind the church
    No thats not my doctor anyway.
    pwurple wrote: »
    Were those all one consult? I have been charged 50 euro for consult, and 20 euro for bloods two weeks later, but not together.
    Well I went to gp on a friday, the nurse was even there that day but she scheduled me in for the bloods the following tuesday. Then they rang me the week after and charged me again for the results. :mad:

Advertisement