Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGA Genesis - DAMN!

Options
  • 01-11-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Bloody hell things move fast!

I bought a VH DID Genesis a few weeks ago (which is freaking awesome when its set up right!) .. and now just a month or so after they have clear tube mod's for it, which is just awesome and i'll probably get one.

And now I have severe vape lust ... AGA bring out their REALLY gorgeous Genesis. All stainless (no chrome), 2xClear tanks, spare parts, U-wick/dual coil compatible etc.

And at only about 1/3 extra the price (26 euro) of the VH genesis. Of course the VH genesis has now price dropped more than half over here (less than 10 euro here in Asia or 16 euro with a clear tank bundled in)!

Fuppin Fuppers ... too much stuff too damn fast to keep up with!

125019236_1248192655dabe5c51ccb46890a3b70cf75f59ed46031f0c2.jpg

045045450_0450384413ea84290fde2b6716e0a713aaf0b904bc65620ce.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

www.shop-vape4me.de (which is down 'til the 5th-6th) has them priced at €22.

Bargain!

And it more than covers my 'Wants' list!
    grindle wrote: »
    I've thought about the VH Genesis, but it looks like dual coils would be impossible with it.
    I really want a wider, less tall version of the UKVA.
    AGA_Tiamat_4__79846.1351104800.1280.1280.jpg
    Eep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

grindle wrote: »
    www.shop-vape4me.de (which is down 'til the 5th-6th) has them priced at €22.

Bargain!

And it more than covers my 'Wants' list!

AGA_Tiamat_4__79846.1351104800.1280.1280.jpg
    Eep!

Looks like a solid genesis atty for the money, haven't used a genesis in a while, might pick one of these up...

German place ran out, was gonna be a couple of weeks. :(

Available here. comes to €29. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

e-smokeireland gona have them this week

That sucks major balls. Oh well, that's what happens with a crippled system like boards. Money already gone to the UK for it.

Wingnuuuuuuut, if youre reading, this is what FB pages are for!
    Liking a business page is literally asking to be spammed this kind of info.

• Advertisement

(he did post this on the facebook page, and the irish vaping facebook page)
    :)

Very strange.
    Facebook doesn't want me to know about it then, because looking at the FB page shows nothing about it for me.
    Last post shown to me is about the Kanger T3.

Edit: Irish Vaping page... Well, I never. Thanks Digby.

Secret club is secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

your not part of the irish vaping group are you? :D

oh, i assumed he posted it on the esi facebook page as well

Elbow wrote: »
    your not part of the irish vaping group are you? :D

I am now!

Note to vendors: if you keep your news confined to a secret club and don't post it to your own business page, you earn less money.
    Said out loud that should sound like a bizarre business plan.

Real life example of Pushtrak's statement in another thread on creating a niche within a niche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Mistake on my part I thought I put it there:)

*shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

lol.. secret Club:D....

Just if anyone is curious I kept the Irish Vaping Facebook group settings to private so that all our relations and friends that don't vape on facebook don't think we are gone completely mad when we are waffling on about tanks, atomisers, hits, drip tips, etc if you know what I mean.

So I guess it is kind of secret but everyone is welcome to join at the same time. http://www.facebook.com/groups/irishvaping/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Hmmm. I've the VH version and not impressed with it. It's fine but I just don't get anything out of the ordinary from it and filling it is an unbelievable pain. If anybody is interested I'd be prepared to shift it on.

The screws look a bit bigger in this though. What's the capacity I wonder.

A little over 3mls.

Should be... Tuesday when I get it if An Post pulls the collective finger out. Collective finger. That's a whole hand, at least. No wonder they can't post fast enough.

Anyone know when ESI are planning to put these up on the site??

they said end of the week so by tomorrow maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

The screws look a bit bigger in this though. What's the capacity I wonder.

2.5ml according to local vendors (could be wrong)? which is pretty much the same as the VH DID, I guess the tube thickness accounts for so little capacity

Its a fair bit wider as well so may be a little out of place on smaller units, I believe its 21 or 22mm vs 16mm for the DID - just something to bear in mind.

The VH needed a wee bit of wet & dry sandpaper on the top cap to get the air hole lined up before it worked anyway decently.

I cant imagine the Vape itself being much different with the AGA vs DID - its basically the same setup just with much better quality parts.
    and filling it is an unbelievable pain.

Completely agree filling is the same with the AGA though :( needle bottle or syringe necessary

... why cant the manufacturers come up with a side tank fill hole or funneled fill hole straw thingy so a normal dripping bottle snout will fit the damn thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I know. That's what puts me right off them. Fecking syringes and stuff......just doesn't fit right with me. Not always possible to be carrying Allen keys and screwdrivers and syringes and bottles with blunt needles hanging out of them around in your pockets!! You'd need a toolbox and pharmacy just to top the damn things up. I don't get it.

I can't understand why they can't make the hole bigger either. Even just big enough to fit the Liqua narrow tips into.

I don't know of any reason why they make the filling so un-user friendly.

well i guess the theory is you wont need to refill a 3ml tank too often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

well i guess the theory is you wont need to refill a 3ml tank too often

With the amount of juice the DID uses with a decent build - i'm easily refilling once or twice a night, today I refilled 4 times total (16hr day) its not really a "bringing out" toy.

In fairness I'm a total chain vaper and work from home though.

AGA-T is up on ESI for preorder, shipping hopefully Nov 16th..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Pre order done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Todd seems impressed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC0oBqt6Ei8&feature=g-u-u

A lot of the Vapourhut atties had non-aligned air holes which were a pain to fix and apparently some of these have similar problems. Hopefully ESI will check before sending them out.

Looking at a close-up it seems there's an o-ring on the top base which should mean you can position the cap where you like. Could be wrong.

Bubba9 wrote: »

Good review, looking forward to getting it now :D

He also has an interesting video on coiling genesis atties. Hadn't seen this method before...

Mine's arrived! It's a hefty piece alright.
    Can't wait to get home and fail at building it multiple times!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Be interested to hear how you get on, I've been thinking of getting one of these (might have to clear out some other rebuildables to make room for it though).

I'll be interested to see how I get along too. :(

One thing about it... It's tall. Sitting on top of my TH mod with drip tip, the whole lot stands at 19.5cm.

Unfortunately, gratuitously massive.

I was hoping once it turned up I might convince my girlfriend it's just the Vivi Nova, she mustn't have looked at it properly, but... It seems so much bigger in real life.

On the upside, it makes the TH an even deadlier weapon!

Have you coiled it up yet grindle??

• Advertisement

Not yet, doing the "hang out with girlfriend" thang.
    Later though. She seems sleepy. I'll spend the evening yawning to make her feel more tired. ;)

Advertisement