Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGA Genesis - DAMN!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

You really should find a drill bit. It does work better. Try an Allen key either if you can't find a drill bit.

i have neither :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

i did. didnt make a difference
    its like the current is just travelling all the way through the wick and then exiting through that wire. but i tested the wick with a meter and it's non conductive

Don't know so...has me beat. I've made about 5 coils for Aga and Did using my method and worked everytime. I vaguely remeber there was a threat on top coil hotspots on one of the forums...might have been UK Vapers...might be worth searching for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

To twist by hand put one end of the wire around one finger, the other end around another, maybe two fingers away. Now get something straight to pull and tauten it, and start twisting.

I also don't have a drill.

Fuck drills.

Anyway, one minute job, max.

spent half an hour twisting somne wire tigether, got a working coil..... well, kinda working
    it still glows on the top coil first and most, but the rest are glowing now

it's vaping.. but it's harsh as all ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

You'll be back on the Bulli again!

Actually, I did get my VH Genesis working well, eventually..........but I still don't see that it outperforms the humble Bulli. Works well though but filling it is not worth the hassle.

• Advertisement

yeah, the aga-t is actualy vaping better on my twist than on the provari but it's still not good

im gona give it another shot tomorrow with some fibreglass, maybe... but i'm just counting this as an inexpensive experiment. both times I tried to use a genesis atty it was an exercise in frustration. I just don't have the patience or the inclination to perfect it. my bulli is my bulli, it's simple and it's awesome.

ok tried fibreglass wick, cant get it to work

**** this

lucutus, you want it?

17 incl p&p and about half an a4 sheet of mesh?

if you drive down to carlow i'll throw in a chefs blowtorch + some gas, call the whole thing atty and torch 20 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

I am thinking of buying a e cig for the wife for Christmas.

What do people recommend on here and where do I buy?

not a ****ing aga-t anyway :)

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm is the kit everyone is reccomending these days. simple to use, good performance, easy to know how much juice is left. the length might be a bit offputting at first but everyone gets used to it and it can be a good thing that it doesn't really resemble a cigarette, break that mental addiction even if it isn't breaking the habit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Right...... Well..... how do I put this

no hot spots, no popped coils, wicks perfectly, plumes of vapour and throat hit to beat the band

however

I'm not blown away by any means, its fine, it works but to be honest its no better then the rta with a mesh wick, It's harder to get right and I'm not convinced its worth the extra effort.

• Advertisement

See? That's what I think too! It works well after spending 34567 years setting it up but I don't see that it's any better in any way than the Bulli or RDA or any other non hyped to death set up out there.

Even though mine is set up well I'm sitting here using the Bulli cos I'm using a couple of flavours. Just pop out the tank and throw in the new juice. Done!

How easy are dual-coils in the RTA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

grindle wrote: »
    How easy are dual-coils in the RTA?

Honestly i've only over tried it once and while it worked fine eventually it was a pain in the ass!

Might as well stick with the Aga then, persevere. *sigh*

Who knew dual-coils in a tank would be so different to duals in a chamber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

ok tried fibreglass wick, cant get it to work

**** this

lucutus, you want it?

17 incl p&p and about half an a4 sheet of mesh?

if you drive down to carlow i'll throw in a chefs blowtorch + some gas, call the whole thing atty and torch 20 quid?

Sounds good, not around for a while so it will be next week by the time I get down to you, thanks m8.

no worries

decided to give this another shot to see if I could salvage anything out of it, to make an aga-s or other genesis a possible purchase in the future

nope, **** it. **** genesis. i'm done

I'm the same. I've tried at least 20 or 30 set ups and at best I get it alright but never great at all. I tried again yesterday and failed.

I'm done too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I'm gona have to try one, just to see if I can.
    Thing is, I happy out with a cheap VH Dripper and even the thought of going away from it gives me a cold shiver.
    Almost ran out of wick, was looking at the boge cartos thinking "you used to be so cool" .

Funny thing is that over on UKV all the new vapers who are looking at rebuildables are being encouraged to try these things. I think they'd be better trying things like RDA's, Bulli's and some of the 'old fashioned' rebuildables first. If it was my first rebuildable I'd be put off for life!

• Advertisement

It's amazing the amount who're having no problems first time. And amazing that they're wondering why it seems like everyone's having problems with it (clue: first mega-affordable Genesis - many newbies).
    I do wonder if they're Gen-aficionados.

Mine is going fine at the moment, but the chances of me ever getting dualled-up with it are slim (twice the heartache of setting up with SS, hmmm), which was why I wanted it.

Now I've seen Todd's Phoenix/Spheroid hack, I want a large Phoenix with a bottom air-hole. Do these exist?
    That should hold 3-4ml or thereabouts, and would be so so easy to build two trouble-free coils in.
    That would be heaven.

Yes, yes, that one will be heaven. That one.

Now I've seen Todd's Phoenix/Spheroid hack, I want a large Phoenix with a bottom air-hole. Do these exist?
    That should hold 3-4ml or thereabouts, and would be so so easy to build two trouble-free coils in.
    That would be heaven.

Yes, yes, that one will be heaven. That one.

Todd is a bit of a genius for thinking up that. If it performs anything like the Spheroid it's a great invention. It gives such an unmerciful throat hit that I had to go and make some 12mg juice (I normally use 24) for it. Flavour is top notch too. Funny thing is, even though I have no bother setting up genesis coils it takes me three or four goes to make the coil for the Spheroid. It's the hand-tightened nuts that I can't seem to master...used to screws and screwdrivers to tighten coils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Possibly the trouble easy coil future future, pyrex tube + mesh .. looks awesome :D

That looks the job! Anyone could make a Genni with that yoke.

How much is this future purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

That looks the job! Anyone could make a Genni with that yoke.

How much is this future purchase?

Yerman just bought some pyrex tubing and stuck it in the wickhole, could be done with the aga-t too, or any genny atty methinks.

big thread on it ukv with links for ordering the tubing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Yerman just bought some pyrex tubing and stuck it in the wickhole, could be done with the aga-t too, or any genny atty methinks.

big thread on it ukv with links for ordering the tubing...

Its not "safe" yet though as is mentioned on the thread ... Pyrex is not the ideal solution, but the idea is a step in the right direction.

Come to thing of it cant see why a ceramic material like the bowl on the ce2's in a tube shape would not be a better idea if someone starts manufactures it. ... it doesn't necessarily need to be a clear material.

Maybe a solution to anyone having problems getting a genesis atomiser working:

Aga-s on esi

Bubba9 wrote: »
    Maybe a solution to anyone having problems getting a genesis atomiser working:

Tried this last night, no go for me anyway. Top hotspot never went away.

I did then have to build a new coil, and it's turned out to be brilliant. Best genny coil i've ever managed, this thing is vaping like a train now :)

• Advertisement

just saw over on ukvapers people saying not to get the mesh too hot when you're oxidising it, has to barely glow a dark red where I've been keeping it in the flame for ages till it glows bright orange... might be the cause of my issues with hotspots

it's all academic now anyway as i'm selling this to lucutus. I'll just keep that bit of info in memory for the next time I have a brainfart and order a genesis

Advertisement