Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

RGDATA! wrote: »
    for context - Dick Morris has more history as a Fox pundit than as a former Democratic advisor at this stage. He is a self described Republican voter.
    There is even an "award" named in his honour, given annually, for "stunningly wrong political, social and cultural predictions."
    I haven't followed it all that closely, but he's the only one I've seen calling a landslide for Romney, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt

He's actually not the only person, all of Fox have been preparing for the imaginary landslide victory for the past week.... :D Grounded in reality? Perhaps not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

phoenix999 wrote: »
    And we all know Romneys grand fiscal plan....Fantasy maths.

We all know that election promises from both count for nothing. The grandstanding from both is BS. I ignore them both. Obama has proven though, through his track record to date, that he will do QE3, 4, 5 6....who knows. I want to see that endless debt machine get slowed down. Obama won't do that, so I want to see a change, and see someone in the hot seat who is more fiscally conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Angrybastard

steve9859 wrote: »
    We all know that election promises from both count for nothing. The grandstanding from both is BS. I ignore them both. Obama has proven though, through his track record to date, that he will do QE3, 4, 5 6....who knows. I want to see that endless debt machine get slowed down. Obama won't do that, so I want to see a change, and see someone in the hot seat who is more fiscally conservative.

Romney would be a disaster for ordinary Americans, in terms of the economy.
    In terms of global politics, he'd be even worse.

All of this is academic, though.
    Romney is not going to win.
    He may win the popular vote, but the rather strange electoral system they have in the U.S. is against him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

And you believe that Romney can be fiscally conservative by giving 5 trillion in tax cuts? Although I'm sure he would gut the federal budget like he did the state budget in Massachusetts where he increased local taxes by 24% for everyone. But no straight tax rises for the rich:

http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2012/09/05/governor-romney-faced-similar-economic-situation-obama-with-similar-results/S2cHk3JRGn0hHRnbEFuh2M/story.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Lollers wrote: »
    48 hrs tomorrow it will be an Obama win, say media .What say you ?.

All over. Obama has it.

• Advertisement

Romney would be a disaster for ordinary Americans, in terms of the economy.
    In terms of global politics, he'd be even worse.

All of this is academic, though.
    Romney is not going to win.
    He may win the popular vote, but the rather strange electoral system they have in the U.S. is against him.

Obama will win the election, I have no doubt. I also think Romney will win the popular vote. But of course liberals, who think all republican voters are stupid, will discount that fact and go on about how they saved the rednecks from themselves....

And you believe that Romney can do that with 5 trillion in tax cuts? Although I'm sure he would gut the federal budget like he did in Massachusetts, and where he also increased local taxes by 24% for everyone. But no tax rises for the rich:

http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2012/09/05/governor-romney-faced-similar-economic-situation-obama-with-similar-results/S2cHk3JRGn0hHRnbEFuh2M/story.html

The alternative being unaffordable government and social spending and endless quantitative easing that will screw the country for generations when the debt crisis eventually hits....then see how bad the social problems become...

Good thing is though that, if I recall correctly, the debt ceiling negotiations are to begin reasonably soon, so Obama will need republican agreement to increase the cap (again!!)

The alternative being unaffordable government and social spending and endless quantitative easing that will screw the country for generations when the debt crisis eventually hits....then see how bad the social problems become...

But people keep asking, where is the revenue going to come from? All we hear is 'get rid of loop holes etc' No tax rises, just tax cuts. The sums just don't add up. And Romney is playing with trillions now not billions.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Final Gallup pool has Romney ahead 49-48. When the undecided votes are distributed 50-49. How could you still be an undecided voter the day before the election :confused:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/158519/romney-obama-gallup-final-election-survey.aspx

It might scare the ****e out of lazy Democrats to get out and vote. Unless they've caught Romnesia.

Nate Silver will be hung drawn and quartered if he's wrong:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/nov-4-did-hurricane-sandy-blow-romney-off-course/#postComment[\URL]

• Advertisement

Final Gallup pool has Romney ahead 49-48. When the undecided votes are distributed 50-49. How could you still be an undecided voter the day before the election :confused:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/158519/romney-obama-gallup-final-election-survey.aspx

I'd guess that that final few % is going to vote based on the astrology page of the morning newspaper (I'm not kidding!)

If Obama manages to pull this out of the fire then he has some serious ass kissing to do with Bill Clinton. He was screwed without him. Think ill have to stock up the fridge tomorrow. It will be a long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

I wonder how many people, like me, refuse to answer when pollsters call? I think it's none of their business.

EZ24GET wrote: »
    I wonder how many people, like me, refuse to answer when pollsters call? I think it's none of their business.

Might be fun to lie about your real voting intentions and **** up their poll result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

bleg wrote: »
    All over. Obama has it.

Agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Vote Sarah Palin 2016 !!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Might be fun to lie about your real voting intentions and **** up their poll result.

I'm pretty sure that's a statistic that's accounted for in the margin of error.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

How late will it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Bill Maher on Romney's likeability factor:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

The republicans have been rigging elections for years. The only reason obama won the last time is because more people came out to vote obama than their rigging plans could counter.

Obama now has to fight both the fact he's not as popular as he was in '08 and a crooked system. The only way for romney to win is to either supress the obama vote, or switch it altogether, both of which they are attempting to do.

When your platform is so bad that you must resort to this to win......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

K3lso wrote: »
    But Ron Paul is. And that's why he'll never be President, being the corrupt system we live in.

Crazy old man Paul?
    pfff, I have a better shot, and I'm ineligible.

Libertarians do love blaming everyone else for their own failings, which is strange for people who love to peddle the whole "bootstraps" myth.

Actually, probably not that strange when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

How the fcuk did this guy get anywhere near the presidency.
    Baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet

Richard Dawkins on Mormons: 'barking mad'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Seems to ba alot of Obama supporters on here.

Hope he's good for Ireland in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet
    Such as this guy, for example? SF author David Brin is a Republican by inclination, but he is finding it hard to find anything good to say about them:
    Me? I'm going to surprise you all by saying that I have not completely made up my mind for whom my presidential vote will be cast!

As a registered republican who admired Goldwater and Buckley and who pushes the writings of Adam Smith, I am deeply saddened to see the Republican Party fallen into its sorry state, unable to point to a single unalloyedly positive accomplishment in the last 25 years or to a "record" as their basis for demanding votes. Their campaign amounts to: "Please don't ever ask us about our extensive record of governance over the United States, nor ask about our former president, the bills we passed or their outcomes! Instead, look here at these assertions, distractions and promises!
    You might read that and the other negative things he has to say about the GOP and say "so vote Democrat, already", but that's missing the point. He doesn't have much good to say about Obama either. He gives credit for the recovery to American workers and businesses, not to the occupant of the White House, whose actual powers are limited. The Presidency isn't quite as important as many think it is ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Angrybastard

Bill Maher on Romney's likeability factor:

The link is damaged, but let me guess: Romney is not very likeable at all?
    He strikes me as a creep.
    And that's without getting into his horrible politics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

The link is damaged, but let me guess: Romney is not very likeable at all?
    He strikes me as a creep.
    And that's without getting into his horrible politics.

What are Romney's politics? It is very hard to tell in America where you are on one side or the other. They dont seem to appreciate the grey areas that exist in every aspect to life and absolutely the case in politics. I suspect that once you look behind Romney's hunger for influence and power, you will find that there arent a lot of politics there.

It's a pity Obama has been proven to be all talk and bluster because Romney could pip him in this yet which would be a travesty. One i think is all Obama's fault though should it happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

TheUsual wrote: »
    Vote Sarah Palin 2016 !!!!!

Can we just please forget that she ever existed!!!

Advertisement