Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

What are Romney's politics?
    As far as I can see, they change depending on whoever he's talking to.
    Maybe its the same for Obama (and most politicians worldwide?), but he doesn't seem to make it as obvious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

As far as I can see, they change depending on whoever he's talking to.
    Maybe its the same for Obama (and most politicians worldwide?), but he doesn't seem to make it as obvious.

I agree. It must be difficult being intelligent in America and see Romney on CBS early in the year saying one thing when trying to get the Republican nomination to then seeing him in the presidential campaign saying the complete opposite so as to cater for the more centre-oriented voters. The Daily Show ran a great skit lately on just that.

The Daily Show is very entertaining but it is also only giving one end of the argument. At least over on this side of the world tv programmes like Newsnight or Primetime at least try to present both sides of the argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

What are the rich conservatives policies?

Hmm;

Tax Cuts
    Deregulation
    Further inequality and Suffering for the poor
    Thinly veiled Racism and Active Zionism

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Seems to ba alot of Obama supporters on here..

..and most of them haven't much of a clue what they are talking about. Not that Romney is any better but the Obama love-in is laughable at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Very interesting comment on yesterday's The Last Word. Ed Hayes pointed out that if Romney was such a good Govenor of Massachusetts, then why is he so far behind in the polls in Massachusetts?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

I reckon the people who've actually seen Romney at work would be a good source.

• Advertisement

prinz wrote: »
    ..and most of them haven't much of a clue what they are talking about. Not that Romney is any better but the Obama love-in is laughable at times.

That will always be the case elsewhere in the world to America. Obama (and Democrats) stay smart by not stating on television that rape has something to do with God's will. People who can string a sentence together generally are turned off by stuff like that.

I agree though that there is a default approval position for Obama which is no longer warranted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

The voting lines in Florida are a disgrace. Their officials will likely succeed in disenfranchising poorer voters who have to go to work. Well done Republican incompetents.

The Dagda wrote: »
    Very interesting comment on yesterday's The Last Word. Ed Hayes pointed out that if Romney was such a good Govenor of Massachusetts, then why is he so far behind in the polls in Massachusetts?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

I reckon the people who've actually seen Romney at work would be a good source.

His state dropped to near last out of the 50 states for job creation during his tenure. The major reason the unemployment rate dropped was that 220,000 people left the state to work elsewhere in America.

• Site Banned Posts: 12 vote_for_sale

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    What are the rich conservatives policies?

Hmm;

Tax Cuts
    Deregulation
    Further inequality and Suffering for the poor
    Thinly veiled Racism and Active Zionism

excluding the racism which i dont remember romney espousing , a large percentage of americans support all of the above , america isnt europe

phoenix999 wrote: »
    His state dropped to near last out of the 50 states for job creation during his tenure. The major reason the unemployment rate dropped was that 220,000 people left the state to work elsewhere in America.

And yet Romney's planning to create so many jobs, and people believe he will? With his past record?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The Dagda wrote: »

And yet Romney's planning to create so many jobs, and people believe he will? With his past record?! :rolleyes:

I watched a lecture last nite by Richard Dawkins at Lynchburg, Virginia. A questioner referred to the Mormon Liberty College which claimed that the dinosaur bones they have on display at their 'university' are only 6000 years old. His response was: 'please go to a proper university'. Some Republicans are rather scary.

I watched a lecture last nite by Richard Dawkins at Romneys alma mater. Apparently the Liberty College students told him that the dinosaur bones they have on display at their 'university' are only 6000 years old. His response was: 'please go to a real university'. Republicans are scary.

Dawkins needs to be a little more diplomatic in his "crusade". I agree with his theories on evolution etc but in order to move forward to some form of enlightened thinking, there needs to be less insults given and more debate encouraged. Very difficult when faced with the views they have but necessary in order to move forward.

I watched a lecture last nite by Richard Dawkins at Romneys alma mater. Apparently the Liberty College students told him that the dinosaur bones they have on display at their 'university' are only 6000 years old. His response was: 'please go to a real university'. Republicans are scary.

Tbh, I'm not comfortable with sweeping generalisations, there must be decent Republicans? It's just that we only hear about the extreme ones, and they give the decent one's a bad name.

There must be idiot democrats too.

Btw, I'm not having a go at you, just saying, I agree with your point, if by Republicans you mean ignorant people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

because Romney could pip him in this yet which would be a travesty.

Obama has this in the bag, Romney is well behind in the swing states, its going to be 300+ college votes for Obama.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Romney never attended Liberty, it's a Christian only college, they did award him an honorary doctorate in humanities in 2012 though, which means **** all.

Just to be factually correct.

[edit]
    Just to add, Liberty is pretty much just a theological college with extra subjects, everyone has to take thelological classes as well as whatever they major in and they get a dual degree in either Biblical studies, pastoring, youth leadership, counciling etc as well as business/law/economics/whatever.

It's weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

excluding the racism which i dont remember romney espousing , a large percentage of americans support all of the above , america isnt europe

A Large percentage of any country can be morons (read Ireland) his religious beliefs however are rooted in racism.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Romney never attended Liberty, it's a Christian only college, they did award him an honorary doctorate in humanities in 2012 though, which means **** all.

Just to be factually correct.

[edit]
    Just to add, Liberty is pretty much just a theological college with extra subjects, everyone has to take thelological classes as well as whatever they major in and they get a dual degree in either Biblical studies, pastoring, youth leadership, counciling etc as well as business/law/economics/whatever.

It's weird.

Makes you wonder why Dawkins went there, horse having bolted and all that

Yes to correct that, Dawkins lecture was at a Virginia women's college with a few Liberty College students in attendance. Here is a snippet:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Makes you wonder why Dawkins went there, horse having bolted and all that

He didn't go there, he spoke in a university in Lynchburg called Randolph-Macon Woman's College, there was just a few Liberty students in the crowd.

He didn't go there, he spoke in a university in Lynchburg called Randolph-Macon Woman's College, there was just a few Liberty students in the crowd.

Indeed, and I doubt they were much pleased with what he had to say.

• Advertisement

As i have been since informed. I didn't bring the story up.

8 of the 9 national polls are now saying a dead heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

When voting stops later on tonight on the east coast, how long should it be before the first exit polls are announced by the US television networks?

We should have some early indications after midnight GMT.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/11/06/2012-exit-polls_n_2038617.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

irishfeen wrote: »
    When voting stops later on tonight on the east coast, how long should it be before the first exit polls are announced by the US television networks?

You're probably looking at about 2-3 AM (Irish time) before the two meaningful exit polls (Virgina and ohio) come out if we're lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

8 of the 9 national polls are now saying a dead heat.

Wonder what would happen if it was a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

J. Marston wrote: »

Lawyers would be rubbing their grubby mitts with glee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

J. Marston wrote: »

Congress(Rep) picks the President
    Senate(Dem)pick the Vice president

Massive legal fight
    theres a Court time for 11am est to dispute the result already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Zillah wrote: »
    Obama has this in the bag, Romney is well behind in the swing states, its going to be 300+ college votes for Obama.

I agree....Obama will win the EC comfortably. But Romney will still likely win the popular vote, or come very close if he doesn't.

And the fact that Romney has so much support, when much of his thinking is so extreme, just shows what a disappointment Obama has been in his four years. No more 'Yes we can' this time around, that's for sure. Just mountains and mountains more debt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Zillah wrote: »

289 I go for... its going to be a bit close for comfort for Obama but he still takes it.

Advertisement