Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The conspiracy theorists are going to have a great time with this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QdpGd74DrBM.
    Romneys son is associated with the company that makes the machines but the glitch is happening for Obama and Romney. What happened to good old pen and ballot paper

Anyone with an eye for fake videos can see that's... guess what... FAKE! Check the video before he 'votes' for Obama. The video freezes for a microsecond before it's 'pressed'.

It's just some internet troll attempting to rock the boat a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone with an eye for fake videos can see that's... guess what... FAKE! Check the video before he 'votes' for Obama. The video freezes for a microsecond before it's 'pressed'.

It's been confirmed as real. The machine has been replaced and officials have said that it wasn't calibrated correctly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

so.
    much.
    fail.

It's been confirmed as an actual error in the machine which has since been removed.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Thousands of african and Hispanic voters have been receiving robocalls in key swing states saying they have until tomorrow to vote.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/florida-voter-robocalls-174406076--election.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'm voting for Pedro.

Hers why.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's been confirmed as real. The machine has been replaced and officials have said that it wasn't calibrated correctly.

Colour me red, fair enough. I'm just catching up with it all now. The video did look very suspicious with the microfreeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Seaneh wrote: »
    so.
    much.
    fail.

It's been confirmed as an actual error in the machine which has since been removed.

It was indeed removed but has since been repaired and is now back in use.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/news/politics-state/election-day-turnout-heavy-in-places-some-problems-as-pennsylvania-votes-660858/
    A malfunctioning voting machine that went viral after a voter videotaped it has been fixed and put back online in Perry County.

A state official says the central Pennsylvania voting machine has been recalibrated and is back into service after it switched a person's vote from one candidate to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Higher wrote: »
    Thousands of african and Hispanic voters have been receiving robocalls in key swing states saying they have until tomorrow to vote.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/florida-voter-robocalls-174406076--election.html

African voters?

Like in Botswana

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Seaneh wrote: »
    so.
    much.
    fail.

Reports coming out from North Dakota that machines are doing this for Obama and for Romney in Pennsylvania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

steve9859 wrote: »
    My point is that a Mormon candidate, who alienates women due to his stance on abortion and woman's rights, and Hispanics due to his immigration policy, still is able to get 50% of the vote. I agree that his social policies are out there in many cases. But the fact that someone like that can win half the vote begs the question, "what has Obama been playing at?!"

Partly its because Romney out-polls Obama on the economy, but is also because Obama has been a disappointment. All that 'hope' chat, the 'yes we can' and all the grand speeches, have really come to nowt.

My impression is just because Romney is such a successful businessman and is worth 200 million, they feel that his wealth will trickle down to them, and they'll all be earning the big bucks. Like always, money and jobs come first in the US. It really says it all when the Republican party is still so popular, with their appalling policies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭parc

steve9859 wrote: »
    Partly its because Romney out-polls Obama on the economy, but is also because Obama has been a disappointment. All that 'hope' chat, the 'yes we can' and all the grand speeches, have really come to nowt.

It's not exactly and easy job running the US

Here's some stuff Obama has done

http://whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Saw some internet survey the other day where, if the rest of the western world had a vote in the U.S. election, Obama would win 80/20...

So obviously what you see in politicians must depend on where you're looking from..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

***edit***

damn you my name is url! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Flip flop flop....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

When is the live election thing on TV? Today or tomorrow tonight? I'm actually getting kind of nervous:S Obama and Romney may be close economically, but there miles from each other on a social level.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

It is really annoying that CNN only covers about half the screen on sky:(, its just about bearable changing the TV settings to super zoom.

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    When is the live election thing on TV? Today or tomorrow tonight? I'm actually getting kind of nervous:S Obama and Romney may be close economically, but there miles from each other on a social level.

Starting just after midnite (12.20am) on BBC 1. And for the election junkies, CNN, Sky News, Al Jazeera News, are running it into tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

Coverage started at 10:30 PM on Sky News.

Ah it's been on all day on Sky News. Bit of variety is nice. Sure even RTE are covering it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I want to be a 'pollster'. Sounds hip.
    Obama ftw btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Can this be watched online?

Can this be watched online?

You can watch on RTE live player from 11.35pm. Think SKY news have live streaming too:

http://www.rte.ie/news/?noredirection=true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Martin Amis speaking about the Republican Party and Romney on BBC Newsnight:

'If you can imagine a UK Conservative Party so far to the right that it would have to disown Margaret Thatcher... That gives you some idea where Republicans are at the present time...a Presidential candidate [Romney] who thinks that Christ in his second coming will divide his time between Missouri and Jerusalem.. It is truly depressing'

Nice. Go Martin! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Link to MSNBC
    http://blog.livenewschat.tv/politics/

I don't like it though

Going to try CNN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Oh yeah this Obama Vs Romney thing is on soon.

Could someone tell me when exactly - there seems to be very little news coverage about it so I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Oh yeah this Obama Vs Romney thing is on soon. Could someone tell me when exactly - there seems to be very little news coverage about it.

First results should be out at around 12 and same goes for the official coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Anybody have any rough early indication how many electoral votes Obama will get. I put a bet on him to get over 289.5 votes

Advertisement