Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It's what I'm doing :-)
    Worth checking this out while waiting for the next update, though...

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/

This thread and that are my sources. And I guess what random stuff gets posted on facebook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Obama 1/7 now, thats enough for me. Looks like Obama is leader of the free world for another 4 yrs.

Bed time.

Lightweight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Obama looking very good for Ohio.... Might it be an early night? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Nearly over. YAY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Obama 1/7 now, thats enough for me. Looks like Obama is leader of the free world for another 4 yrs.

Bed time.

Bets taken have a lot to do with that though. I'd imagine american books would be a totally different story

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

i will. i hope obama wins

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

irishfeen wrote: »
    Its a pitty CBS news isn't on sky, looks good from what RTE are showing.

Click here for CBS online coverage :) , advert at the mo, but coverage will resume shortly and so far so good!

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Click here for CBS online coverage :) , advert at the mo, but coverage will resume shortly and so far so good!

Sweet, thanks.

Where's reporting that? Only 6% of the votes in

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MrTufnell

How on earth is Romney so close? The fact that nobody still knows precisely his tax plan, or indeed that his policies towards women's rights are so draconian, or even the fact that his VP would be like Damien from The Omen personified... It's incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Would make my nite if he also took Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

why?
    Because he'd have to be mental to want Mitt Romney. Just a hunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

CNN saying encouraging signs for Obama in Virginia, depends on the urban vote. If Obama takes Virginia and Ohio, the fat lad lady is getting ready to sing. Health warning on the fat lady.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

MrTufnell wrote: »
    How on earth is Romney so close? The fact that nobody still knows precisely his tax plan, or indeed that his policies towards women's rights are so draconian, or even the fact that his VP would be like Damien from The Omen personified... It's incredible.

You do realize that this is the same country that voted someone like Bush in twice, right? The mind just boggles sometimes.

Florida looking good for Obama with 1/3 of the vote and CNN leaning towards a prediction

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Actually.....what are Romney's campaign promises? This isn't a stab. I just want to know what he will deffo pass when elected. .... Like straight away.

spiralism wrote: »
    Where's reporting that? Only 6% of the votes in

I have never seen an exit poll out 4% - Obama up 3%.

You do realize that this is the same country that voted someone like Bush in twice, right? The mind just boggles sometimes.

we're the country that voted in Fianna Fáil 3 times, we'd be ones to talk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

CNN seem to be concentrating on the counting while the UK and Irish stations are interviewing every 'expert' they can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

spiralism wrote: »
    we're the country that voted in Fianna Fáil 3 times, we'd be ones to talk!

And then voted Fine Gael to put some icing on the cake.

• Advertisement

MrTufnell wrote: »

I think he hoovered up votes among white men and retired people. Because practically every other race and age group voted Obama.

And then voted Fine Gael to put some icing on the cake.

Ah leave little Enda alone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Who is everyone watching, CNN here...

Im tired and hungry...didnt stock up :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Why is Romney's business acumen a selling point? Even if elected, he's hardly going to be plonked in the White House every night with a calculator crunching national numbers.

df1985 wrote: »

CBS, Sky News and CNN.... flicking to Fox News and my god they seem quiet depressed... a sign of things to come I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Actually.....what are Romney's campaign promises? This isn't a stab. I just want to know what he will deffo pass when elected. .... Like straight away.

Nothing will pass if the Democrats retain the Senate. If the Republicans get 51 seats in the Senate then they can pass anything budget related i.e. tax cuts or repeal Obamacare. Everything else requires 60 votes in the senate.

You know, I partially want Romeny to win for the above reasons.

df1985 wrote: »

Watching Sky news with some ice cold Budweiser, stack of king crisps, KP nuts, and assortment of junk food. ;)

More projections coming up on CNN - 1 min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Skid wrote: »
    CNN seem to be concentrating on the counting while the UK and Irish stations are interviewing every 'expert' they can find.

The foreign stations are right atm, CNN are reporting states with 10-25% of votes exit polls. Its all very guess territory yet. Our tallymen would be more accurate.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement