Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Wasn't there a song called "You steal my sunshine" by a band called Len?

Shouldn't you pensioners be in bed? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

raven136 wrote: »
    why

Obama is pretty much a republican not the liberal we make him out to be.

Its pretty sad that these two are the best that are put forward to "lead the free world"
    He has disappointed on some fronts but a Republican he ain't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Johro wrote: »
    Don't know. Don't watch it, makes ya wanna die.
    Willard sounds as dumb as a bag of hammers.

His father named him after the leading Mormon and founder of the Marriott hotel chain, J. Willard Marriott.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

CNN just explaining that the Miami/Southeast Florida area has largely not been counted in Florida, which is very democratic territory, that should point it back to Obama.

NBC calling Penn as Obama's. Meaning that Romney would have to take Ohio or he's done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Gyalist wrote: »

His father named him after the leading Mormon and founder of the Marriott hotel chain, J. Willard Marriott.

Wasn't there a Willard White character in a James Bond film. Is Romney a Bond fan? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

spiralism wrote: »
    CNN just explaining that the Miami/Southeast Florida area has largely not been counted in Florida, which is very democratic territory, that should point it back to Obama.
    But the Panhandle also closes an hour later - largely Republican.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Gyalist wrote: »
    I wanna see his passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just seen that, they said if Romney could raise vote even slightly though it could still be close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

It won't be called for another 6-8 hours. Go to bed.

WIth 78% of the vote in, there is a 300 vote difference. Cue the lawyers.

I have college in the morning, am going to have to drop off soon otherwise I won't be able to get up, damn I hate missing the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Colm Tobin ‏@colmtobin
    BREAKING: Fox News is calling Florida for George W. Bush.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

donvito99 wrote: »
    This electoral college system, thought exciting, is a joke.

They should use ours, who can lift their candidate into the air the highest.

FF Would have won in the US and here.

We'd look sightly less dumb.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Colm Tobin ‏@colmtobin
    BREAKING: Fox News is calling Florida for George W. Bush.

:pac:

:D very good.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    But the Panhandle also closes an hour later - largely Republican.

They were saying though that Romney's leads aren't strong enough to offset the large population base in the Miami area. Panhandle is already somewhat counted, the state is at 75% so the Miami/Southern Florida area could decide the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Nebraska has been declared for Romney

Obama 144-154 Romney

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

They were saying though that Romney's leads aren't strong enough to offset the large population base in the Miami area. Panhandle is already somewhat counted, the state is at 75% so the Miami/Southern Florida area could decide the state.

aye, think they said only 19% was counted in miami so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

They should just play 'next state wins' and then we can go to bed.

aye, think they said only 19% was counted in miami so far.

Yep, though with Penn and Ohio leaning Blue, Florida might not even be relevant after all that

Yeah, just looking at that now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-elections-2012/results/florida

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

TV3's coverage started at 2AM as well.. seems like it's just a feed from one of the US channels... I missed Flathan earlier, anybody see which way he called it?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Total shambles that there are queues at the polling stations.

It's pretty clear that whoever is responsible for providing the polling stations are doing an utter shambles of a job.

Also how hard would be it to open additional voting booths?

Its something you would expect to see in a 3rd world country.

Has anyone ever heard of similarly poor levels of organisation of voting in any other 1st world country?

• Advertisement

Go Miami! Always did like the place ;)

Yep, though with Penn and Ohio leaning Blue, Florida might not even be relevant after all that
    BBC 5Live saying that Penn called for Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

TV3's coverage started at 2AM as well.. seems like it's just a feed from one of the US channels... I missed Flathan earlier, anybody see which way he called it?

TV3 have been streaming CNN since the VinB show ended.

Romney has lost both of his "home" states - Michigan (born and raised) and Massachusetts (current residence).

Linda McMahon spent almost $100 million in 2010 and 2012 to win the Connecticut Senate seat and still lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

68Murph68 wrote: »

It's pretty clear that whoever is responsible for providing the polling stations are doing an utter shambles of a job.

Has anyone ever heard of similarly poor levels of organisation of voting in any other 1st world country?

Its something you'd expect to see in a banana republic. Queues and running out of ballot papers - its election rigging in everything but name.

Republicans reduced voting time from 14 to 8 days in Florida. So we can thank them. Romney just went ahead there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Romney up by 636 votes in FL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

This is brilliant! Shoulda organised an election party! Better than the champions league earlier!

In many cases it's deliberate, particularly in states that the Republicans targetted to win. It's an attempt to suppress the Democratic vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It won't be called for another 6-8 hours. Go to bed.

WIth 78% of the vote in, there is a 300 vote difference. Cue the lawyers.

My Mammy has just told me to go bed. Here I was enjoying CNN, RTE, CBS and SSR (southsiderosie, Mammy) just barged in and said time to go to bed. Reminds me of the time I was protecting that gorgeous 19 year old redhead, from the rain and the oncoming storm, me, the brave 21 year old soldier provided shelter and chivalry. My poor mother thought i'd God forsaken thoughts.

Whenever I think of SSR now I'll just think of my mother.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement