Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I wonder how John Kerry, John McCain and Al Gore feel tonight?

It must be strange to come so close to being the most powerful man in the World, and be forgotten about soon after,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Thanks for the link, the current woman is getting very upset.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

irishfeen wrote: »

But when you look at the voting trends with young people and hispanics totally turning their back it may become more and more difficult.

How long more can white Republican pensioners live for?

Dobbo doing some giving out about having to stay up late.... Does he not realise that it's the brief of the news broadcaster to follow the news at the time that it happens... It's not every evening that you have Bertie crying in your arms at 6 o'clock, but you're home for Fair City by 8..

Dobbo should be barking at the Director to stay on air. If you are a serious journalist you should stay on air as long as it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Skid wrote: »
    To be honest, I love the extended Irish counts. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on, so there is no need to rush it !

God .... seeing the likes of Fianna Fail win seats after what they did gave me nightmares .... no fun :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Amid all the celebrating for Obama lets remember he has ordered 5 times more Drone strikes than even Bush did.

Im not sure what there is to gloat about him winning tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

phoenix999 wrote: »
    How long can more can white Republican pensioners live for?

Depends on how good their health insurance... oh...damn....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Doesn't matter.
    Banking interests rule the world and that power construct is beginning to collapse from within and from without.
    Hold tight.

raven136 wrote: »
    Amid all the celebrating for Obama lets remember he has ordered 5 times more Drone strikes than even Bush did.

... people seem to think its best to ignore things like that.

God .... seeing the likes of Fianna Fail win seats after what they did gave me nightmares .... no fun :rolleyes:

But reading the rants burning up the Interweb was great fun...and writing them was good too.

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »

Depends on how good their health insurance... oh...damn....

Probably very good now that they have Obamacare;)

I wish RTE would release a DVD of last year's election. I want to see John O'Donoghue being humiliated again and again.

I still have a VHS of the BBC's Election 97 coverage when Labour were elected (Sad but true)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

raven136 wrote: »

Considering Romney's policy on Iran I think Obama is the safest option. Best of a bad lot kinda way

Probably very good now that they have Obamacare;)

Yeah - hence the damn.

I wish RTE would release a DVD of last year's election. I want to see John O'Donoghue being humiliated again and again.

Didn't he rant on about getting the money to build the hall that the count was taking place .... :) ha he was a total fruitcake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I still have a VHS of the BBC's Election 97 coverage when Labour were elected (Sad but true)

i always wanted to see a clip from that night, when david mellor lost his seat (i'm pretty sure it was that night) and there was a candidate in his constituency representing the britain for beautiful people party. she was feckin class looking!

Especially when he threw a tantrum, went red as a beetroot and threw his rattle away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

http://live.fauxnews.com/

(for those who don't have it through the TV.
    Ah bless, torn between bitterness and hope.

"It's still early...it's still early..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Guy on CBS just said Erectoral Votes, hehe. :o

Especially when he threw a tantrum, went red as a beetroot and threw his rattle away.

That was such a golden moment I had a cup of Barry's Tea.

• Advertisement

i always wanted to see a clip from that night, when david mellor lost his seat (i'm pretty sure it was that night) and there was a candidate in his constituency representing the britain for beautiful people party. she was feckin class looking!

The entire BBC show is on Youtube, so you might find it there somewhere. Mellor's result was about 3am, I think

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

spiralism wrote: »
    Fox news is hilarious, they just had Sarah Palin on and she is sick as a parrot, clenched teeth smile and all. Now they're cutting to stories about earthquake warning systems.
    Landslide might been more topical

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

K-9 wrote: »
    Somebody have a Fox feed? even Palin is in meltdown.

I checked Faux news about a half hour ago and there was a report on earthquake detectors?? They must be expecting some sort of major disaster. :D

Seriously though, there was a report on earthquake detectors.

Obama is gaining in Florida ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Irish vote is epic, I gave a vote to a Green candida,e a pretty meaningless vote and stilll kicked Mary Coughlan out.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,752 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do the Irish spend this much attention on their own election cycles I wonder

The Irish vote is epic, I gave a vote to a Green candida,e a pretty meaningless vote and stilll kicked Mary Coughlan out.

I think we should be allowed to vote on whether they get a pension at the same time as we are voting to kick them out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Yep, no matter how close the US electoral college ends up nothing beats the excitement of PR-STV and seeing how transfers go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Overheal wrote: »
    Do the Irish spend this much attention on their own election cycles I wonder

Your lesser of two evils are far more entertaining than ours :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

How's Gary Johnson doing?

Advertisement