Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Official Fox News photo of Obama's reaction to the news of his victory.

Take only 6 minutes ago.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSblpPQE4Ukc-TRXcr4x7NiIX9UplvFde3I1mL8rK18-dDiDzK0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Spread wrote: »
    Defeat from the jaws of victory ........... how the Tea Party and a couple of lunatic religious bigots derailed the GOP. Now, with the economy improving, no sign of more adventures east of Suez and a more educated voting public ......... the Democrats will be nicely poised for another win in 2016!

the onion got a dreadful photo for this one!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/defeated-man-victorious,30281/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=standard-post:headline:default

romney not conceding yet though!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Lapin wrote: »
    Hopefully thats the Tea Party shower silenced for good now.

I doubt it. This wasn't the Tea Party's candidate. They never wanted Romney. After the Senate and House votes we'll see if they still have the same power as before but I doubt they've gone away for good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Barack Obama ‏@BarackObama
    We're all in this together. That's how we campaigned, and that's who we are. Thank you. -bo

Weren't you going to bed like, an hour ago? :)

Ponster wrote: »
    I doubt it. This wasn't the Tea Party's candidate. They never wanted Romney. After the Senate and House votes we'll see if they still have the same power as before but I doubt they've gone away for good.

True, perhaps I was being a tad ambitious in saying 'for good'.

But with a bit of luck tonight's result should soften their cough for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

who would have been the ideal candidate for the tea party in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Might as well stay up now.

Sorcha16 wrote: »
    Weren't you going to bed like, an hour ago? :)

no, i said i listened to the debates on the radio in bed! the debates don't make as good tv as election night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

You can taste Fox News' tears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

no, i said i listened to the debates on the radio in bed! the debates don't make as good tv as election night!

The debates were much better, at least they had some substance! The election is like a McDonald's -all about the anticipation, satisfying whilst it's happening and an empty, hollow feeling half an hour later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I know, the butthurt is delicious!

who would have been the ideal candidate for the tea party in your opinion?

Based on Tea Party ideals (or what I understand of them) Ron Paul, the Libertarian, would have been pretty close to their beliefs but if you don't count him then I think Rick Santorum was probably their best option in the Republican primary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Rove is some man, there will be comedy sketches of this for years to come :D

This seems apt right about now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Trump having a meltdown. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/with_replies
    Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
    He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!
    Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
    The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!
    More votes equals a loss...revolution!

Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Thats it for me

maybe florida will be finished counting by 2016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Karl Rove still in denial on Fox. LOL.

How do people watch Fox News? Jesus, I feel myself losing brain cells.

Thing s, I need it explained to me. Romney actually has more votes than Obama in Ohio right now, but it's been given to Obama. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Deeelighted Obama is re-elected! but even more so that Ted Kennedys seat has been won back by Elizabeth Warren! :)

NTMK wrote: »
    Thats it for me

maybe florida will be finished counting by 2016
    Have they even stopped voting yet?!

Yep, arguing amongst themselves now and bould as fuk.

A joy to watch. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

No sign of Romney conceding yet, what happens if he just decides not to concede?

Yes. His Twitter feed has been a fun part of my evening for the past 30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

davyjose wrote: »
    Thing s, I need it explained to me. Romney actually has more votes than Obama in Ohio right now, but it's been given to Obama. Why?

Areas where obamas winning have higher pop. than romney areas and are still counting

Because the counties that have yet to declare or have not yet completed the count are democratic leaning counties.

Piers Morganpiersmorgan
    Memo to Fox News: it's over

Sorcha16 wrote: »

The debates were much better, at least they had some substance! The election is like a McDonald's -all about the anticipation, satisfying whilst it's happening and an empty, hollow feeling half an hour later

They're fine for radio though. Election night everywhere is about tv and dodgy graphics on bbc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Because the counties that haven't been counted are a) heavily populated and b) vote 70-75% democrat

Yes. His Twitter feed has been a fun part of my evening for the past 30 minutes.

I just added him. For teh entertainment. Him and Romney crying in their beers will help me sleep easy.

Oh boooooo!!! Fox News coverage finished:(

• Advertisement

Because the counties that haven't been counted are a) heavily populated and b) vote 70-75% democrat

Got it. Thanks. I figured they had their Maths done right, but wasn't sure.

Advertisement