Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Obama's new catchphrase -

"Tá a rinne muid" !

For those who haven't a word of Irish and can't be fecked checking Google Translate -

"Yes we did" !

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Ponster wrote: »
    IMHO if the state electoral votes were divided based on how the people voted (proportional, like in Ireland) then it would be much more fair. Everyone would feel that that their vote would count no matter where they lived.

That sounds better, but why not just a direct popular vote? The guy (or gal) with more votes wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

stannis wrote: »

Ever heard of the "bitter end"? Some people concede quickly, others want to hold on until all the votes are counted, does it matter either way?

I suppose not buy it just seems a bit bratty, if you lost fair and square then you lost. McCain conceded quickly, I understand that was a landslide but, he was honerable and generous about the whole thing, I have had great respect for him both before and since then.

Also I want to see the concession speech, especially since he was so arrogant he never wrote one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

davyjose wrote: »
    Obama has passed Romney in the popular vote.

Trump can crawl back under his toupe now.

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    I suppose not buy it just seems a bit bratty, if you lost fair and square then you lost. McCain conceded quickly, I understand that was a landslide but, he was honerable and generous about the whole thing, I have had great respect for him both before and since then.

I take your point, but this election is definitely closer than 2008. Wait a little longer, Romney will concede in his own good time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,752 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

McCain had already delivered his concession speech by this time. Quit being a dick Romney

Overheal wrote: »
    McCain had already delivered his concession speech by this time. Quit being a dick Romney

Isn't it dickish to tell someone to "quit being a dick"?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

President Obama just won Virginia also :)

Obama 303 - 203 Romney

Isn't it dickish to tell someone to "quit being a dick"?
    Is it dickish to ask that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

That sounds better, but why not just a direct popular vote? The guy (or gal) with more votes wins?

Are you whinging? You're dampening the celebrations. Grab yourself a beer, and cheer.

The conservative, racist, prejudiced, wealthy, religious fanatics lost!!! They lost 'legitimately'.

Why can't they accept that, 'god intended it'? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭PaddyORuadhan

Damn you obama and your shenanigans!!

God love fox news...lololol

Fair play to CNN, great coverage.

First time since nixon/mcgovern that the losers lost both of their states.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

the Gloria one on CNN looks really pissed off with it all..

Are you whinging? You're dampening the celebrations. Grab yourself a beer, and cheer.

The conservative, racist, prejudiced, wealthy, religious fanatics lost!!! They lost 'legitimately'.

Why can't they accept that, 'god intended it'? ;)

Look at my original post about the system, I stated that Gore should have won in 2000 because he had more of the popular vote. Disagreeing is not whinging, and I'm not going to grab a beer because the White House continues in the hands of someone who has allowed US debt to bloat massively in just 4 years, not that his predecessor was any better.

First time since nixon/mcgovern that the losers lost both of their states.

Romney overstated his achievements in Massachusetts.

Willard called the President, yah!

Official: Romney is still finishing up his concession speech, aides admitting he only prepared an acceptance speech.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Oh I'm much too drunk to explain it here but head over to the politics forum for lost of options :)

• Advertisement

Maryland passed gay marriage. Two other states likely to go the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

One CBS reporter says Mitt Romney has called Barack Obama to concede defeat

RTE

phoenix999 wrote: »
    Maryland passed gay marriage.

Typical. Bunch of Marys. ;)

I may as well see this out now, but I know I'm gonna regret in about 4 hours when I am in college! Great night though, nothing like a US election. Have to say CBS news did a great job, been following them on ustream all night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lapin wrote: »
    Obama's new catchphrase -

"Tá a rinne muid" !

For those who haven't a word of Irish and can't be fecked checking Google Translate -

"Yes we did" !

;)

That's gibberish. If you're going to try to be funny then at least get the translation right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Maryland passed gay marriage.

obama wins by a big margin
    two morons (akins and mourdoch) failed
    fox butthurt
    trump about to explode
    gay marriage laws passed

not bad

Sky said the call has been made to Obama and that Romney is to speak shortly.

Romney to speak in about 5 minutes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Sky said the call has been made to Obama and that Romney is to speak shortly.

Fox News also confirms

• Advertisement

Advertisement