Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

The look on the faces of the Fox News reporters when Obamas win was announced has to be the highlight of the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Oh, gasp, great sigh of relief! What a joy to pour that first cup of coffee and switch on the TV - just at the very moment they announce Obama has won (or actually that Twit Romney has lost).:):):)

And the news just keeps getting better as they announce that those two batshit Republican religious fundamentalists Akin and Mourdoch are out on their ears.;)

Not to mention that Colorada has approved the use of recreational marijuana. And most of the state is a mile high as it is.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    So who's gonna run for 2016? :P

Republicans: Chris Christie, Condoleeza Rice, Marco Rubio
    Democrats: Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Julian Castro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

LOL faux news are really butthurt

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/07/five-ways-mainstream-media-tipped-scales-in-favor-obama/

they claim the media is biased against romney thats a joke considering they were flat out romney all the way making edits to obamas debates to make him look bad and also on there front page on the bottom they have BIAS ALERT wriiten in red bold on the bottom lol.

Point number two is fact checking romney relentlessly youd think he wasnt telling the truth all the time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Republicans: Chris Christie, Condoleeza Rice, Marco Rubio
    Democrats: Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Julian Castro

Would love to see Hillary go again and win. Also I wouldn't rule out Jeb Bush, but I don't think he will get very far, I think the world has had quite enough of the bushes. Also Chris Christie has seriously put himself in the running with the last few days of hurricane sandy, the fact that a republican genuinely took the time to compliment and thank a democratic president was pretty amazing to me, especially so close to the election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Romney lost it months ago. When he was forced to pander to the more extreme parts of the republican party to win the primaries he pretty much set himself up to lose. The goal is to win the undecided moderates and appealing to the tea party one month and then trying to be moderate the following is practically a gift for your opposition to kick you about.

Same **** happened to Kerry in 2004.

Republican party needs to actually work like a party and not the ragtag bunch of *other* guys against the democrats

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Actually someone like Jeb bush would work really well in the primaries as the family legacy will get a lot of the republicans in line to support him without the need for a really messy primary.

The world may hate the bush clan but the world is not voting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Actually someone like Jeb bush would work really well in the primaries as the family legacy will get a lot of the republicans in line to support him without the need for a really messy primary.

The world may hate the bush clan but the world is not voting

I don't know, I think the Republican Party needs to move away from that kind of candidate, then again it all depends on how these 4 years go, if things are still bad economy and jobs wise I think the republicans could put kermit the frog up and they would still win, can you imagine a conservative super team of bush/palin :O.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Bazza won then.
    Huzzah Huzzah.

Florida owes me sleep.
    Lots of sleep.

Need sleep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

phoenix999 wrote: »
    Where the hell is Obama? I need to sleep

Go back to bed, Michelle.
    He's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

LOL faux news are really butthurt
    It's Moaning in America, everyone! :cool:

One race I'm watching involves Michele Bachmann. Remember her? She's up for re-election, and at this time it's still too close to call, despite her outspending her Minnesota rival by about 6:1.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I hate Trump with a passion. I’m happy they lost, with Trump on their side it just shows the kind of people that were behind the republican campaign. Money and greed, rich vs poor and such careless attitudes towards the average Joe on the street

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I for one am delighted at the result. I would be democratic in my ideas and beliefs anyway so I'd be slow to support any republican.

But aside from that I'm not sure a multi-mullionare like Romney would understand the concerns of the ordinary Americans re the economy.

Here's hoping the next four years will be sucessful for Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Overheal wrote: »
    Official: Romney is still finishing up his concession speech, aides admitting he only prepared an acceptance speech.

looks like he tempted the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

CEEEEEEEEELEBRATE GOOD OBAMA, COME ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Republicans have not won a US presidential election without a Bush or Richard Nixon on the ticket since Herbert Hoover's win in 1929.

We might be seeing a lot of George P Bush over the next number of years.

Republicans have not won a US presidential election without a Bush or Richard Nixon on the ticket since Herbert Hoover's win in 1929.

How many Bush's are there? :eek:

*childish snigger* - Bush. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

maximoose wrote: »
    CEEEEEEEEELEBRATE GOOD OBAMA, COME ON!

Why should anyone celebrate a failed president wth no notable achievements in public life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

Why should anyone celebrate a failed president wth no notable achievements in public life?

If you bothered to read the thread you will see that his notable achievements have been pointed out in detail via links to a list of his achievements.

God even becoming the first black president of America is an achievement in public life that will be forever in the history books.

Stop talking waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What are you, A Romney voter?

Sorry pal but OBAMA is president now

OBAMA! OBAMA!

• Advertisement

RADIUS wrote: »
    If you bothered to read the thread you will see that his notable achievements have been pointed out in detail via links to a list of his achievements.

God even becoming the first black president of America is an achievement in public life that will be forever in the history books.

Stop talking waffle.

Mixed race man raised by single parent became president of most powerful country - which only ended racial segregation 40 odd years ago- on planet = pah, sure that's not worth talking about.

Then he went and did it again.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fox News would do well to consider that they are part of the problem for the Republican party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Give it another four years and maybe the Republicans can find a decent candidate.

Give it another four years and maybe the Republicans can find a decent candidate.

but the Republicans are the bad guys :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

They should just come clean and run Satan as their candidate.

Are they cloning Lincoln then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Are they cloning Lincoln then?
    Perhaps they could blackmail Daniel Day Lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

RADIUS wrote: »
    They should just come clean and run Satan as their candidate.

Oh no doubt they already started creating this "a bit less plastic and apparently evil looking Presidential Canidate " see it unveiled in 4 years time.

Until then Well done to Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wouldn't mind getting a few quid on Paul Ryan being the next president of the US at the right odds. A ticket with him and Condelizza Rice as the VP would be an easy sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Ronaldo Reagan

Advertisement