Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Min wrote: »
    So you know more than the BBC and the report from the US?

I know you are fixated on irrelevant bullshit, but remember when I pointed out the huge disparity in deaths from drone strikes V ground troops?
    How about you try talking about that.

Min wrote: »
    I didn't say you did that

Then why even bother bringing it up?
    Why must you waste time with this irrelevant noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

So are we still waiting for Florida's result? How long will it take for them to declare either way? Not that it greatly matters now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

stannis wrote: »
    So are we still waiting for Florida's result? How long will it take for them to declare either way? Not that it greatly matters now...

soon enough i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Yeah. That's exactly what's happening here, kid.
    Here's a task for you, how about you address something other than your fixation over how many drones are in the air at a given time (a mighty four!) Like, the massive decrease in civilian deaths when drones are used Vs the use of conventional ground troops?

Or would you rather just wrong your hands and keep ascribing your imagined positions to people who don't agree with your assessment on the use of drones.

Or explaining how "less shitty, but still shitty" is a "cuddly" view of any situation
    That'd be a proper Christmas miracle if you could pull it off.
    Feel free to challenge the number or just continue being wrong.
    The choice is yours, kid.

Great, now if you'd like to show where I've done that, we can move on. Otherwise we can add this to the list of things your wrong about.

Mod

Quit with the "kid" talk, it is patronising and condescending.

If you can not post without flaming, please don't post.

Fair warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Florida is meant to be in by this evening. Its academic anyway....the last districts are mainly urban inner city areas (so I heard) and therefore will probably be in Obama's favour.

'Tis a pity - I was looking forward to a nuclear war started by a strange man wearing magic underpants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,752 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

maximoose wrote: »
    What are you, A Romney voter?

Sorry pal but OBAMA is president now

OBAMA! OBAMA!
    Oh grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

I hope we have made the right choice. Romney really isn't in touch with the majority of voters. I hope the next four years will be good for the U.S. as well as the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

EZ24GET wrote: »
    I hope we have made the right choice. Romney really isn't in touch with the majority of voters. I hope the next four years we be good for the U.S. as well as the world.

We hope for the best too ....the whole world does...lets hope the world wide economy improves..i think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

When push come to shove...most people prefer the moderated position that is why Obama got back in. Mit Romney did himself no favours by trying to please the extrema right. It the extreamists on both side that cause all the trouble in the world!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

mariaalice wrote: »
    When push come to shove...most people prefer the moderated position that is why Obama got back in. Mit Romney did himself no favours by trying to please the extrema right. It the extreamists on both side that cause all the trouble in the world!

And yet if the two parties were centrist you'd hear cries of "They're both the same, there's no choice!"

There's no pleasing people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Can someone please explain the whole "big bird" thing to me? That one just seemed to completely pass me by.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

keith16 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain the whole "big bird" thing to me? That one just seemed to completely pass me by.

Have a read of this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Have a read of this :)

Gas! All those "this election was brought to you by the letters F & U" pictures with big bird now make sense.

Romney really is a thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Funglegunk wrote: »
    He's also the first president with the surname 'Obama' to be elected twice!

He's also the first incumbent to bring back in the dog to The White House. Although there are reports that Bo has gotten tired of the celebrity lifestyle and unwanted attention and wants a more quieter life away from The White House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

mariaalice wrote: »

Romney actually played the center a lot more than the far right

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He's also the first incumbent to bring back in the dog to The White House. Although there are reports that Bo has gotten tired of the celebrity lifestyle and unwanted attention and wants a more quieter life away from The White House.

Didn't Bush have Barney the Scotch terrier, another first mut. There's clip out there somewhere of Bush dropping him on his head by accident.

Clinton had Socks the cat who used to sleep on the desk in the Oval office when the President was meeting foreign dignitaries. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

What's up with Florida? Known con man as a Governor, can't seem to run an election, and now electing dead candidates ;)

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/07/15000714-dead-candidates-win-elections-in-florida-alabama?lite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Didn't Bush have Barney the Scotch terrier, another first mut. There's clip out there somewhere of Bush dropping him on his head by accident.

Clinton had Socks the cat who used to sleep on the desk in the Oval office when the President was meeting foreign dignitaries. :pac:

I love Clinton and all but the first image to pop into my head was this.....
    http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2006/11/03/blofeld1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Can the Romney camp ease off the whole 'drones' noise? We heard you already. Who would have thought Reps would be so agin' it?
    Maybe it's just me, but I never saw any Obama supporters waving pro-drone banners. I guess it's because they're not too happy about it, but in these times, the economy took precedence. All Romney seemed to say during his speeches was "jobs, . . blah blah. . economy. . blah blah. jobs. . .yadda yadda .economy."

The drone strikes are awful, disgusting, despicable and frankly quite scary.

Have you got anything else to attack him over, besides his Kenyan birth, communist ties, secret gay life or muslim faith?

Romney would have ordered extra drones and put boots on the ground. (extra $2 trillion to the Pentagon, which they didn't even ask for).

My main reasons for supporting Obama are; Fox 'news', Rush Limbaugh, Mitt Romney, Anne Coulter, Andrew Breitbart, Anne Romney, Mitch McConnell, Palin, Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich, Ted Nugent, The Tea Party, Trump, Akin, Mourdock, Boehner, Christine O'Donnell and D'Souza. Can't think of any more right now.

I would question anyone who respects the views of this bunch of cretins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

My main reasons for supporting Obama are; Fox 'news', Rush Limbaugh, Mitt Romney, Anne Coulter, Andrew Breitbart, Anne Romney, Mitch McConnell, Palin, Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich, Ted Nugent, The Tea Party, Trump, Akin, Mourdock, Boehner, Christine O'Donnell and D'Souza. Can't think of any more right now.

Don't forget Meatloaf and Kid Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Spiritual wrote: »

Wooo hoooo !!!
    Yeah I like Ted Nugent, feck all these democrat vegan hippies. Go have babies with them oranutangs if ya thunk we evolved from them.

I want the volume at 10, some rock music and some dead animal for dinner.

TheUsual wrote: »
    Wooo hoooo !!!
    Yeah I like Ted Nugent, feck all these democrat vegan hippies. Go have babies with them oranutangs if ya thunk we evolved from them.

What are they?

What are they?

Monkeys in the zoo ... the orange ones ! :rolleyes:

The ones that we supposed to be evolved from !
    Well ain't none in my family tree, thank you sir.

Monkeys in the zoo ... the orange ones ! :rolleyes:

The ones that we supposed to be evolved from !
    Well ain't none in my family tree, thank you sir.

Was your tree foreclosed?

Was your tree foreclosed?

Foreclose this college boy !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Wooo hoooo !!!

I heard a story that the audience saw a pigeon disintegrate when it flew in front of the speakers at a Ted Nugent gig in the 70s. Doubtless a myth but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Nixon also had a dog who, according to Homer Simpson, is in hell with Hitlers dog :)

Obama draws Jay Z and Springsteen, Romney can only manage these two clowns :pac: Suprised Romney would associate with someone with Kid Rocks past/ image mind (which is much the same as Jay Zs past, but most Obama voters are of the generation that would have less of a dislike for drugs anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Mod

Quit with the "kid" talk, it is patronising and condescending.

If you can not post without flaming, please don't post.

Fair warning.

Sure thing, kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I heard a story that the audience saw a pigeon disintegrate when it flew in front of the speakers at a Ted Nugent gig in the 70s. Doubtless a myth but I like it.

If the pigeon had any musical taste then it's quite possible

Advertisement