Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama Vs Romney

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

what time does coverage begin on tuesday?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,453 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lollers wrote: »
    For what's worth Paddy Power are already paying out on an Obama win

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/paddy-power-pays-out-on-obama-victory-572945.html

Means nothing. They always do this.

Good PR is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

rarnes1 wrote: »
    For a country of 1/4 of a billion party to have just two parties is ridiculous.

There are more than two parties, but none which are competitive on a national level. Countries with a first-past-the-post electoral system tend towards a dominant party or two party system - people see a vote for a smaller party as a wasted vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

phoenix999 wrote: »
    Nobody presents plain facts like Bill Clinton

Certainly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Well according to the Redskin rule he has

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redskins_Rule

Redskins lost to the Panthers today

Romney wins!

Nonsense you say?
    The rule has been correct 18 times and incorrect just once since 1940
    Well our sources conflict. :pac: The kids say obama!
    In a poll of a quarter of a million students who are too young to vote, Democratic nominee Barack Obama sailed to victory with 57 percent of the vote while Republican nominee John McCain received 39 percent.
    It may be easy to dismiss the poll — orchestrated every four years by Scholastic, a children’s publishing and media company — as mere child’s play. But here’s the uncanny thing about this educational exercise: Since 1940, student voters have accurately chosen all but two presidents.
    The two off-base years were 1948, when students picked Thomas Dewey over Harry Truman, and 1960, when they chose Richard Nixon over John F. Kennedy.
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/27172326/ns/today-today_on_the_trail/t/youth-vote-it-says-obama-will-win/#.UJbaksUxplp

It appears we've been reading the same Cracked article. :pac:
    http://www.cracked.com/article_20139_6-bizarre-factors-that-predict-every-presidential-election.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The kids have been wrong twice since 1940

The Redskins rule was only wrong once!

My sources are better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well the Skins lost at home...

Time to back Mitt?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Programme about the two of them on RTE2 now. Obama liked his pot in University.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,046 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The kids have been wrong twice since 1940

The Redskins rule was only wrong once!

My sources are better :P

But this could also be the redskins second time getting it wrong. Or maybe the Redskins have simply become ****e or covert republicans that are trying to reinvigorate the party. The kids got it wrong with Kennedy because they thought Nixon looked like more of a mad cartoon character..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

what time does coverage begin on tuesday?

thanks

6pm ET on CNN afaik :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Not only the Redskins rule, but also most of today's NFL losers are cities in swing states. The football team winning usually correlates with a 1.16% swing to the incumbent.

It's all coming up Romney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I don't envy the choices. One guy who is a social, religious and foreign policy train wreck, and another who lives in some dreamland parallel universe where money grows on trees, refuses to recognise reality, and will bankrupt the country.

Given that the latter scenario will have a much greater effect on us, I hope or the former.

in ladbrokes yesterday obama was 4/1 on and romney was 3/1. im thinking of throwing a tenner on romney. not backing obama at that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Any person voes for Romney= should not be allowed a vote.

There's a good chance Romney wins the popular vote, if not the election. That kind of chat is typical of arrogant east coast liberals who think every one else is stupid, even though 'everyone else' is 50% or more of America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

After all that Barrack O'Bama madness, please tell me that President "Willard" Romney isn't half Irish.

'Romney' sounds like a part of London maybe.

TheUsual wrote: »
    After all that Barrack O'Bama madness, please tell me that "Willard" Romney isn't half Irish.

'Romney' sounds like a part of London maybe.

paul ryan is, and joe 'malarky' biden is too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Haven't had a chance to follow this

According to the bookies anyway this should be handed straight to Obama now. Is it really that clear cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

paul ryan is, and joe 'malarky' biden is too

Ryan, fair enough. Probably entitled to a passport too, maybe even get on the Ireland squad with that name.

"Malarky" is one of these made up words that getted associated/tagged as Boston-Irish or NY-Irish something, it's not Irish !

Biden ... German name.

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Haven't had a chance to follow this

According to the bookies anyway this should be handed straight to Obama now. Is it really that clear cut?

Pretty much as long as he gets Ohio which he should.

• Advertisement

i think paddy power have already payed out on obama

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Brian Schweitzer
    2016 Democratic nominee
    25/1

Place a bet and you have to wait 4 years of course but I like the odds

Ladbrokes has 9 Democrats ahead of him but he has a great shot

Dark horse ;)

Very off topic

He'd be very tough to beat in the Presidential election. Problem is the same as any 'reasonable' Republican: He has to get past his own party's base. You really think a D who supports the death penalty and says he "owns more guns than I need, but not as many as I want" is going to get the nomination from the powerbases of California or New York Democrats?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

rarnes1 wrote: »
    For a country of 1/4 of a billion people to have just two parties is ridiculous.

What difference does population size make? Italy has a cartload of squabbling parties and is that country any better off for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

stannis wrote: »
    What difference does population size make? Italy has a cartload of squabbling parties and is that country any better off for it?
    ya could of used Ireland as an example
    why pick on the italians , they make great pizza:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just in time before the US presidential election, that's if it is not stalled by some last minute false flag or assassination attempt.

In what could be the most stunning video indictment of President Obama and his administration’s policies this election year, a YouTube video reveals the fallout of the “hope” and “change” Obama promised in 2008.

YouTube user TheVisualEdge explained that he assembled the seven-minute video, “Conservatism is Calling,” “to get people excited about the election.” The user notes, “I was not hired or paid to create this.” The video description refers users to a website for Hollywood Director Chris Corrado.

Explosive video indictment of Obama rocks YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Obama administration is no friend to Ireland

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm glad they used scary music and fancy graphics because simple arithmetic is way beyond my comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It genuinely doesn't seem to matter at all as corporate financiers have the president skip to the beat of their drum.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

The Obama administration is no friend to Ireland

Why not, and would Romney be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

I'm glad they used scary music and fancy graphics because simple arithmetic is way beyond my comprehension.

The same goes for Cletus et al.

Advertisement