Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for De Facto Visa while on a Bridging Visa

Options
  • 01-11-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question that I would love some thoughts on as time is not on my side at present.

My fiance is currently in the process of a sponsorship visa with her current employer, however, yesterday we were informed that her sponsor has not got a valid nomination, and therefore, a successful application is unlikely. The reason behind this we understand is because her employer is not willing to match the standard wage of a sponsored visa, and that they can't prove an Australian Citizen is earning the same wage.

Now, they have said they will change job title and resubmit the application, but not change the wage. I understand this will again result in it being rejected as one of the requirements is not being met.

My fiance has been in the application process since June, at which point her visa was Bridged, and is where it remains today. It has been a mess, and if I'm honest, her employer has been lying and messing her about for the last 3 months.

Recently, an opportunity has arisen for me to get sponsored with my current employer - they have sponsored people before in the same position so we can't see any hassle with it.

I am wondering if it is now possible to nominate my finance as a De Facto partner on my Visa, even though she is in the process of her own sponsorship and while also being on a Bridging Visa? We would withdraw her application and put through my papers so not to have two applications in process at the same time.

I do apologize if it sounds confusing, you can now only imagine how we feel

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If you withdraw the application for her, then put her on your visa then yes it should be no problem.
    As you'll receive a bridging visa and she'll inherit that too.
    But it is important to only have one application (esp if they are both 457)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

hussey wrote: »
    If you withdraw the application for her, then put her on your visa then yes it should be no problem.
    As you'll receive a bridging visa and she'll inherit that too.
    But it is important to only have one application (esp if they are both 457)

Thanks Hussey!

I thought that because she got her Holiday Visa bridged to start her own sponsorship forms, that they may not bridge her Visa again once we apply on mine. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

If you are unsure just give them a ring, they are actually very helpful, and not some big bad wolf trying to catch people out (which is what a lot of people think)
    Better double check with experts than second guess these things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

hussey wrote: »
    If you are unsure just give them a ring, they are actually very helpful, and not some big bad wolf trying to catch people out (which is what a lot of people think)
    Better double check with experts than second guess these things

+1 to that. You worry sometimes that they just want to catch out out on something so they can refuse you, but it's simply not the case. I've always found dealing with IMMI to be positive, they've always provided good information and been very helpful. Just be honest with them about your situation and they'll do what they can to assist. It's usually the phone wait that's the worst.. they switch between messages while you're on hold, so when you think you've finally gotten through to someone, you realise it's just another message.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

master-t wrote: »
    My fiance is currently in the process of a sponsorship visa with her current employer, however, yesterday we were informed that her sponsor has not got a valid nomination, and therefore, a successful application is unlikely. The reason behind this we understand is because her employer is not willing to match the standard wage of a sponsored visa, and that they can't prove an Australian Citizen is earning the same wage.
    Job titles and/or Australians earning the same wage are irrelevant if thwy are paying her the minimum sponsorship wage (c.$50k)
    If he won't do that she'll never get sponsored, no matter how you put the application together. I'd seriously look into your own visa.
    master-t wrote: »
    I thought that because she got her Holiday Visa bridged to start her own sponsorship forms, that they may not bridge her Visa again once we apply on mine. What do you think?
    They aren't bridging her WHV visa. She is on a new visa, if she pulls the application, and you submit a new one. It will automatically include a new bridging visa application.

Where you a defacto partner on her 457 visa? No big deal if you weren't, they'll just want to know why not, and check it a bit closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Thanks for all the advice lads, much appreciated.

I wasn't a defacto partner on her original 457 visa no, but I would imagine they would look closer at our application now alright.

To be honest, her company has been very suspect over the whole thing from the beginning. The asked her to sign a contract with the 'Salary' section BLANK! Then told her they would find out what the wage had to be and fill it in for her. :(

Advertisement