Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally parents have a say about their children's education!!!

Options
  • 02-11-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Fantastic news for all parents in the Tramore area!

Tramore is one of the 5 towns chosen by the Department of Education to be included in the first round of surveys on parental primary school preference! For the first time in the history of the state we have a say over what type of national schools we would like to see available in our communities!

All parents of babies and school going age children can complete the survey. Because Tramore is going to be one of the 5 pilot areas (39 other towns will follow our lead after) our survey is ending very soon, we only have until the Friday 9th November to have our say!!! I'm surprised there isn't more media coverage on the matter so I thought I would post about it here. So if you're reading this, please spread the word to all parents you know in the area of Tramore, Dunhill, Fenor, Dunmore etc....

Even if you're happy with the school your child is attending/will attend have a say as to what other patron would have your preference for Tramore. I've just completed it, you only need the PPS number of the recipient of child benefits (usually the mother's) to hand and it only takes 5 minutes..

There are 3 choices (the 3 patrons who expressed an interest in Tramore) :
    Educate Together
    VEC
    An Foras Pátrúnachta

Here's the link to the survey:
    http://www.education.ie/en/Schools-Colleges/Information/Diversity-of-Patronage/Surveys.html

You can follow the links on the dpt of education website for more detailed information on the process.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mat cauthon

Can't wait to see how many parents will actually bother to reply. Most parents are happy enough, most of the time. The parents who will reply will obviously be those with a concern.
    I wonder who will get the kiddies ready for communion/confirmation and teach them the ten commandments once the churches leave the schools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭SPQRI

A load of ball locks if you ask me!

I have to say that I agree.

why wont my posts show my signature

Advertisement