Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The first one had a good trailer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

At about 1:05 in the trailer you can see
    Doc Ocks mechanical tentalces and Goblins Glider as I presume, Norman Osborne
    walks past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

At about 1:05 in the trailer you can see
    Doc Ocks mechanical tentalces and Goblins Glider as I presume, Norman Osborne
    walks past

Just had a look there. Wonder if the
    glider
    may have been
    Vulture's flight harness instead
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Just had a look there. Wonder if the
    glider
    may have been
    Vulture's flight harness instead
    ?

Could well be given a lot of rumours are pointing to the Sinister 6 in ASM3/4.

I'm not really sure how that would work though, reasonably speaking you're talking about 6 super powered villains against one. So, they might go one of two routes; either Peter beats them with the assistance of the symbiote or he's going to have back up (Black Cat etc...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

We should have the trailer by 1:30 pm Thursday, it's apparently hitting the states at 8:30 EST

• Advertisement

Trailer, still not sold on Foxx's electro (some of his lines just feel a bit naff) but other than that pretty great trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Did they splice in scenes from the video game adaptation there. I've never given out about the cgi in a spider-man movie, not even the first Raimi one, but wow... I really hope those are WIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Trailer, still not sold on Foxx's electro (some of his lines just feel a bit naff) but other than that pretty great trailer.

Hmm, at 2:41 I'm worried it's the kind of trailer (i.e. almost every trailer) that gives away about 2 too many story beats... but I do want to see it...

Spiderman looks good though. I like the Eyes .

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Did they splice in scenes from the video game adaptation there. I've never given out about the cgi in a spider-man movie, not even the first Raimi one, but wow... I really hope those are WIP.

I'd imagine they're unfinished yeah, release is still nearly 5 months away plenty of time for touchups on the CGI. The last one had ok effects in places, particularly the final shot, and rubbish ones in others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The scene where Spideran swings around and then kicks Goblin looks dreadful cgi, as Oafley Jones said, it looks like a computer game - a bad one at that.

The trailer itself is ok, it doesn't really get me too excited for it. It could be another case of Spiderman 3 syndrome with too many villains. The only thing I like about it really was Vulture's wings and Doc Ock's tentacles behind the glass as Osborn was walking down the corridor, was a nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Never been a fan of spiderman, could take or leave the last one, but that trailer, it looks pretty woeful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Corholio wrote: »
    The scene where Spideran swings around and then kicks Goblin looks dreadful cgi, as Oafley Jones said, it looks like a computer game - a bad one at that.

I also noted that it wasn't DeHaan as the Goblin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Trailer based spoilers/speculation ahead....

So this trailer pretty much confirms AS3 will be about the Sinister Six. We already know that 3 villains are in this one. Vultures wings and Doc Ocs arms are clearly shown in the lab, making a potential 5 members. Was Connors/Lizard confirmed dead in the last movie? Also, there are 6 doors opening in a shot about half way through (there is a door marked '6' there).

Also, the shot of Spiderman fighting a man on a hover board doesn't look like Green Goblin. Could there be a 4th villain? Could it be an early incarnation of Vulture?

I suspect the Sinister Six will be born at the end of this movie. That shot of the doors opening, could be very near the end, if not the final shot itself.

Sony are really going all out, there's a still from the trailer floating about with little lab files labelled "Doc Connors", "Dr Morbius" and "Venom". It does seem like Oscorp will be the root of all evil in this franchise. Will try to find the still.

Screen-Shot-2013-12-05-at-5.50.16-PM-590x660.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Bacchus wrote: »
    Trailer based spoilers/speculation ahead....

So this trailer pretty much confirms AS3 will be about the Sinister Six. We already know that 3 villains are in this one. Vultures wings and Doc Ocs arms are clearly shown in the lab, making a potential 5 members. Was Connors/Lizard confirmed dead in the last movie? Also, there are 6 doors opening in a shot about half way through (there is a door marked '6' there).

Also, the shot of Spiderman fighting a man on a hover board doesn't look like Green Goblin. Could there be a 4th villain? Could it be an early incarnation of Vulture?

I suspect the Sinister Six will be born at the end of this movie. That shot of the doors opening, could be very near the end, if not the final shot itself.

Nah, he's in prison in the end. He's seen in a clip during the credits.

I'm really worried this film is going to be busy. There seems to be way too many villains to develop any of them properly. It could be a Spiderman 3 all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think the Sinister 6 should get their own film ala Avengers after their characters are built up in the Spidey series of films.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I'm really worried this film is going to be busy. There seems to be way too many villains to develop any of them properly. It could be a Spiderman 3 all over again.

I don't think it was the number of villains that spoiled S3. It was, IMO, 1) making Peter Parker a douche-bag cocky emo for half the film 2) rushing the Venom story and 3) the final battle with Sandman was ridiculous. All the elements were there for a good movie but there were some poor decisions along the way. I still still a multi villain Spiderman movie can work and if it's being set up that Oscorp is the common denominator, then I can see that working well.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think the Sinister 6 should get their own film ala Avengers after their characters are built up in the Spidey series of films.

And who be against them? Sony only have the rights to the Spiderman properties so it'd essentially be a Spiderman movie anyway.

And who be against them? Sony only have the rights to the Spiderman properties so it'd essentially be a Spiderman movie anyway.

That's what I meant, it would be a spidey film but on a more epic scale with the 6 villains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I don't think it was the number of villains that spoiled S3. It was, IMO, 1) making Peter Parker a douche-bag cocky emo for half the film 2) rushing the Venom story and 3) the final battle with Sandman was ridiculous. All the elements were there for a good movie but there were some poor decisions along the way. I still still a multi villain Spiderman movie can work and if it's being set up that Oscorp is the common denominator, then I can see that working well.

No, I don't think it was the only thing, there's lots wrong with that film. However, I do think the villains were weak because there was essentially no time to develop them. Venom was the worst of this, it was just far too rushed. My favourite Spiderman film is easily 2, and a large part of that is down to villain. Doc Ock was great, but he was able to be developed over the course of the movie.

I'm not saying that it can't work, just that I'm worried that it may just feel rushed and have no really strong villains, just a number of average ones. It's something I'm also worried about for MoS 2 or whatever they're calling it, except this time it's the number of heroes instead of villains.

I really hope that it works though, because I've been reading the comics for yearsand love the character.

He'd have to have an ace as otherwise I don't think many could accept him defeating 6 villains, who all gave him a run for his money by themselves, at once.

So that's why I'm thinking he might have the symbiote going up against them.

Or, they might give him some BS allies such as Black Cat and Morbius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Spider-Man could use Venom to defeat the six, that would set up the next film versus Venom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

The only way for 6 villains to work is for 5 of them to be essentially weapons, controlled by the sixth, who just directs them at Spiderman and I think that could be what we are getting:

We can see in the trailer that Rhino is a mechanical suit, as is Doc Ocs and the Vulture (these two suits seen in the same room in the same scene). Electro is produced by something-something-movie genetics (just like the lizard was in the first one, but with electric eels). Goblin is a cross between both (maybe some sort of general super soldier syrum combined with suit and glider). The last villain is either the lizard again, or it could the scorpion (in a mech suit of some kind). Thats our six. The main is probably Harry Osborne (going by the trailer, he has the most back story). To make the other villains work in such little time, I think they will be very simple characters painted with broad strokes-
    Rhino is just some thug who likes to hurt people
    Electro is weak nerd given powers
    Vulture is old man looking for young power (possibly Norman Osborne? Maybe the suit has some way of draining life force to keep him alive?)
    Scorpion is also thug/Connors forced into Lizard & Lizard given opportunity to get revenge on spiderman.
    Doc Oc might be guy who designed all the suits - maybe the guy in the trailer in trenchcoat and hat walking by them.

It would make more sense to have them all in this film, rather than 3 now and 3 hinted at (or shown at the end of) in this film and then all 6 for the next film. Doing that would just make the 3rd film feel like a massive rethread of the 2nd film (but with more villains).

The idea of using venom to beat them could work well if (I don't know if this is considered a spoiler, its from the comics - )
    Gwen Stacy dies and Spiderman (in the venom suit) goes mad and kills the Goblin for it, thus setting up the 3rd film as Spiderman trying to get back his humanity from the Venom suit which is filled with his rage for her death.

If they give peter the symbiote suit, they have to add the mandatory emo dance down the street. I nearly cried in the cinema when that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

I remember a tweet from Marc Webb earlier this year that made reference to the Venom suit so I'd be expecting something in this film. Might be a lead up to next movies (as others have posted)

Found it there.

http://m.craveonline.com/film/articles/204571-marc-webb-hints-that-harry-osborn-is-the-new-venom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ill be honest i wasnt expecting this !

wasnt that pushed on the first one but i did enjoy it. im far more excited by this one.

should be fun.

I don't think people either realise or put forward the extent of exactly how truly catastrophic Spiderman 3's handling of Venom was. You need more than a film to do it properly IMO, never mind about 20 goddamn minutes.

Corholio wrote: »
    I don't think people either realise or put forward the extent of exactly how truly catastrophic Spiderman 3's handling of Venom was. You need more than a film to do it properly IMO, never mind about 20 goddamn minutes.

Agree with this. It was way too rushed and, aside the first scenes where Peter gets it and the church scene, it was handled quite poorly. Parker turned into an emo assh*le :confused: Venom looked silly, the origin was weak (much prefer the Ultimate Spiderman route than "it's an alien") and Venom's motivations didn't make much sense. Venom could make for a trilogy all on it's own but if these films are going down the SS route, I can see Venom being included too.

A multi-villain movie shouldn't a problem if each has been established already, or at least the main players. It's similar to the multi-hero Avengers movie. Each of the 4 main character have had their own movies, the characters are already set up so you have the time to jump into the action without getting bogged down on backstories, motivations etc.

AS2 is a bit of a risk with 3 new villains but it looks like it's all tied to one main villain... OsCorp/Green Goblin so it could work with the likes of Electro and Rhino as superpowered henchmen.

• Advertisement

Sony have announced that there will be separate 'Venom' and 'Sinister Six' movies.

Advertisement